You can trade DVC resorts for RCI but...

wdwislife

DIS Veteran
Can you trade RCI resorts for DVC?
My family owns several units through RCI, and I'd love to be able to stay onsite at WDW!
If anyone knows the answer to this question I'd greatly appreciate it! :goodvibes

yes, you can. search the threads....I have seen a lot of them on this very topic.

Yes, but a lot depends upon the trading power of your RCI resort and it's location. For instance, if your RCI resort is located in the Orlando area, you are blocked from trading into DVC.

That is why I said to search the threads. I don't own RCI, so I don't have a clue on the way that it works. I just know that some RCI owners have been able to trade into DVC.

Yes, but a lot depends upon the trading power of your RCI resort and it's location. For instance, if your RCI resort is located in the Orlando area, you are blocked from trading into DVC.

That is why I said to search the threads. I don't own RCI, so I don't have a clue on the way that it works. I just know that some RCI owners have been able to trade into DVC.

Oops. Sorry, PrincessDuck, I quoted the wrong post for my previous reply. I meant to quote the OP. No offense intended.

My family owns several units through RCI, and I'd love to be able to stay onsite at WDW!
If anyone knows the answer to this question I'd greatly appreciate it! :goodvibes

Yes, you can trade your RCI resorts into DVC. IF...
1. resort deposited for trade into dvc is not in Orlando.
2. resort deposited must be a strong trader. Not all resorts have trading power.
Good luck!:)

No problem. I was just trying to figure out what I had said, so I tried to explain better. No offense taken.....I try not to read too much into things on here. Things can always come across kinda wonky on message boards.

Oops. Sorry, PrincessDuck, I quoted the wrong post for my previous reply. I meant to quote the OP. No offense intended.

Thanks guys!
I guess my search must be acting up because I couldn't find any results for this before I posted but now I can...sorry for the redundant posting!

We own a week in Orlando :( , but my grandparents own several weeks all over and they are more than willing to trade one of their weeks for us. :goodvibes
Anyone know how strong a trade St. Maarten would be during the peak season of February president's week? It seems like it would be pretty nice.
TIA!

Anyone know how strong a trade St. Maarten would be during the peak season of February president's week? It seems like it would be pretty nice.

that sounds good but in addition to the power of the location and week reserved, there is also:

1) resort quality
2) date of deposit (giving RCI the week a year ahead of time is better than depositing the week a month or so in advance)
3) whether the resort trades in RCI points or RCI weeks (apparently more of the DVC inventory is available on the points side from what i understand.)

Thanks guys!
I guess my search must be acting up because I couldn't find any results for this before I posted but now I can...sorry for the redundant posting!

We own a week in Orlando :( , but my grandparents own several weeks all over and they are more than willing to trade one of their weeks for us. :goodvibes
TIA!
As long as the other weeks are in a different RCI account you should be OK. I think St. Maarten would be hit or miss and largely depend on the unit size, specific resort and the lead time of deposit to actual week. You could look online to see if you see any DVC options at all and that should give you an idea of whether you have sufficient trading power, esp if you can see DVC resorts other than OKW/BWV. The other side of the equation is when are you looking. There are times of the year when it's unlikely you'll be successful no matter the trading power of the deposit in question.

We own with Shell Vacation Clubs and have a points RCI membership. 2 weeks ago I was able to get a 2 bedroom Wilderness Lodge rental the first week in October! I have seen a lot of Old Key West and Saratoga Springs come up and I did see a studio at the Boardwalk come up.

I have a ton of RCI points that I need to use this year so this was awesome!!!!

We own with Shell Vacation Clubs and have a points RCI membership. 2 weeks ago I was able to get a 2 bedroom Wilderness Lodge rental the first week in October! I have seen a lot of Old Key West and Saratoga Springs come up and I did see a studio at the Boardwalk come up.

That is an awesome trade! I just keep looking to see what was available. I was able to get a studio at VWL for the end of April. I would have loved a one or two bedroom at VWL.

I have been checking RCI several times each day since early February for a points trade into WDW for the first week in December. There has been nothing in any size villa at any DVC location. I am getting discouraged at this point. My inlaws have points to burn with RCI so we were hoping to use their points rather than our DVC points for this trip.

I show a 2 bedroom OKW unit coming up Nov 28th-Dec 5th. Not sure if that's the week you're looking for....We went at that time 2 years ago and it was fabulous!

I show a 2 bedroom OKW unit coming up Nov 28th-Dec 5th. Not sure if that's the week you're looking for....We went at that time 2 years ago and it was fabulous!

Nope, we want to check in on Dec 4. We have a DCL cruise starting Dec 11.

Looking for a beach resort. June 19th thru june 25th or 26th. Have Wilderness Lodge. We are booked at BCV that same week in a one bedroom. Interested in trading out for a real beach.

Nate

I would like to use RCI this June. Looking for something by the beach on the East coast. Have Wilderness Lodge as my home. I have reservations at BCV June 19th Thru June 26th. Looking for that week. Any thoughts?

most in RCI plan 1 year out. For summer East Coast beach weeks, you definitely need to plan 1 year out. RCI has a number of very nice Hilton Head resorts, some in Outer Banks, etc. Hilton Head would be my 1st choice thru RCI. Sorry, but you are unlikely to get anything decent this late. You could try a Marriott BB/chatroom (if you look on tug2.net on the Marriott BB up on the stickies, there is link to a Marriott owners BB) and see if anyone who has a week already booked would do a direct trade with you--since Marriotts trade with II and not RCI, most Marriott owners can't trade for DVC anymore, so there very well may be a Marriott owner who would want to trade. There are lots of nice Marriotts at Hilton Head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter