"You Go, Girl!" August Exercise Challenge

(Post 108 and 109 will be in tomorrow's numbers.)

"Mice can talk to anybody. Didn't you know that?"

Today's character is Penny, a brave little orphan girl from the 1977 animated film The Rescuers, in which Bernard and Bianca (a pair of mice) set out to rescue her after she is kidnapped by evil treasure hunters.

It was the first Disney animated film to inspire a sequel, and the last animated by the famous "nine old men".

Penny was voiced by Michelle Stacy, and the character was modeled after her.

th
th

Last edited:
Happy eclipse day!

And happy team purple day!! We have exercised well over 5000 minutes reached 52%! :cheer2:

:rainbow: We also have two individual "Reward Reds" - snels and 2manypets!!

And for day 21, we have Mrs. Potts ~

In the 1991 animated film, she was voiced by Angela Landsbury, who recorded her lines during breaks from "Murder, She Wrote" and didn't think she should be the one to sing the main song!

In the 2017 live-action version, Mrs. Potts was played by Emma Thompson, but Laura Linney was also considered for the role.

Angela and Emma played the same character as each other in two different productions of Sweeney Todd as well.

Last edited:
Hello again! I'm home from my Dad's, so updates should be a little more regular now.

I've caught the spreadsheet up, and for the most part, my hand list went OK...though I seem to have promoted Tasha228 and keiraliz to purple a little early. (I'll just leave them as they stand, though, since you're both fairly close, and it was my mistake, not yours! - The numbers are good, it was just the colors.)

I have a short walk adding 10 minutes to my total, for 406/620,
the team total is up to 5,534, :cheer2:

:rainbow: and we congratulate Elizabeth Smith on reaching Practice Pink!!

For Day 22 (Q) - I bring you the Queen of Hearts from "Alice in Wonderland" ~

queen-of-hearts-1.jpeg

"All ways here, you see, are the QUEEN'S WAY!" - the Cheshire cat, to Alice

The Queen of Hearts was voiced in the 1951 Disney animated film by Verna Felton, who also provided the voices for a number of other Disney characters: Flora in Sleeping Beauty (1959), Elephant Matriarch and Mrs. Jumbo in Dumbo (1941), Fairy Godmother in Cinderella (1950), Aunt Sarah in Lady and the Tramp (1955) and Winifred in The Jungle Book (1967). (IMDb)

And according to Buzzfeed, there are 17 different adaptations of the classic tale, so you can find plenty of variety in your Queens if you're interested:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitz...-in-wonderland?utm_term=.cnV19761M#.vv3Nb5PNk

Thanks, sophy1996! It looks like I missed one piece of your numbers on both Thursday and Sunday. It's fixed now, and you are pink!! :rainbow:

I have no minutes of my own yet for today, but the team stands ay 5,624!!

For Day 23, we have Roz from Monsters, Inc. ~

Roz.jpg

"Well, isn't that nice? But guess what? You didn't turn in your paperwork last night."

Roz is the secretary at Monsters Inc. and
the undercover leader of the CDA
(which is revealed near the first film's climax).

She is voiced by Bob Peterson.

MV5BMTU4NTQ4ODI5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzIwODA3._V1_UY317_CR23,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

He was the movie's story supervisor, and provided the temporary voice of Roz during production. It proved to be such a success that they kept it in the final film! (IMDb)

:yay: Keep up the exercising, everyone!!! Roz is watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!