you have to be kidding.......

sschro3

Mouseketeer
I just read my mousesavers newsletter and found out that Disney is offering free dining.:cloud9: I was thrilled then I looked at the dates. The offer goes through 9/22 and we are booked 9/23-9/28. I can't believe it. We did the last week of Sept in 04 and it was on the free dining. The weather was great, the crowds....well what crowds. So we picked that same time to book again and just hoped that free dining would be offered. Changing our dates would save us $550.00 but DH's aunt and her family are going with us and I don't know if vacation requests can be changed. Guess all I can do is let everybody know what is going on and hope for the best. pixiedust:
Man that would mean having to change our ressies too, what a bummer.
Sharon

9/22 is a Saturday. Are any of the people who are going with you working that day? If not, and if airfare isn't an issue, you should look into switching. It should be noted, though, that there's not a lot of availability for those dates - All Star Sports is the only Value and Caribbean Beach is the only Moderate with Free Dining Plan Promotion rooms available.

Well if your going to do something do it now. People were having trouble getting the resorts and dates they want. They do sell out.

Good Luck!

I too was planning on 9/23 to 9/29. It was still a discount to our plans to add 9/22 to our vacation to get the free dining.

What we have to add a another day to our vacation? :thumbsup2

Last year if your vacation started on the last day of the promotion, it extended through your vacation. Look into going the day before - it might be worth it - especially if you haven't booked air fare yet. One more day and you could probably make up in food what it might cost to extend it...

I never thought of adding on Sat. We will be driving down so changing airfare isn't an issue. The last 2 years we just stayed off property on Sat and rested up for Sun. We would check in early and hit the parks. It saved us a few bucks with the cheaper hotel and we didn't feel like we were wasting a "Disney Day". This year we will go straight to the resort instead. We can swim, go to DTD. No need to add another day of passes. Wow this will work out great. We get free dining (heck even get an extra days worth) and don't need to change our ADR's that we already have. That is what I call a win-win outcome.
Now the only question is where to book our sitdown meal?
Thanks a million....I'm so happy.
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Sharon

Call.. ask them to change your reservation to include the free dining... make sure they will extend it from the last day... (they did last year...)

& may I suggest Ohana? Or Boma... Chef Mickeys...

Ok I got through and changed my reservation. I added one night (9/22) and got the free dining. We went to go to the next reservation and nothing was left at Pop Century...for that matter nothing is available at any of the value resorts. So now we have 3 rooms booked and only 1 room has the free dining. The reservations agent told me to just keep trying to see if they release anymore rooms or if anyone cancels.
This stinks.

Don't be discouraged and keep trying. Some people will have courtesy holds on a reservation and never send a deposit in. When that happens the room will get released back into the "pool". Since you have 14 days to send in a deposit, there will probably be some rooms becoming available after next Thursday.

Ok I got through and changed my reservation. I added one night (9/22) and got the free dining. We went to go to the next reservation and nothing was left at Pop Century...for that matter nothing is available at any of the value resorts. So now we have 3 rooms booked and only 1 room has the free dining. The reservations agent told me to just keep trying to see if they release anymore rooms or if anyone cancels.
This stinks.

Did you call through to Disney directly? Other rooms will open up. They usually do.

Also... try calling AAA - sometimes they may have rooms that are allotted to them that may not be in the other CRO...

Also... call CRO back and see what happens... you'll probably get another person who may find out something else.

Keep asking and see what happens....

Disney.com is showing availability at the AS - music I think.... so most likely they have rooms, maybe they have only a certain amount with the free dining.

Have you thought about the family suites at ASmusic? Maybe you might only need 2 rooms instead and they may have the availability for that one... give it a try...

This stinks.

i was looking for a value resort for the week of easter ....everyday i'd call a few times a day for 3 weeks before...till one of the cast members answering calls told me to try after 5 eastern time ....thats when they update there systems..i got lucky doing that...:banana: hope you luck too....:cheer2:

:banana: :banana: I called this morning and was told they had nothing. I got the feeling that I was bothering her. I just said thanks and hu. I called around 1 and the guy was great. Told me he didn't see anything in a preferred room but he could make the change to a standard room, add Sat to the reservation and add the free dining. It took him about 2 mins and he was back on the line said that he could get the last reservation changed to a standard, add a night and do the dining too. I said great, asked him if he could change mine to a standard room that way we were all together again. He said he could do that. Was back on the phone in about 3 mins. He gave me our new prices, recapped the package details and we were done.
Just need to talk to everybody about 1 more dining choice and we are ready to go.:banana: :banana:
Thanks everybody for sticking it out with me.:love:
Sharon

Yeah. We've had our rooms booked at Pop since Nov. (Sept 23-28.) I added Sat Sept 22 and was able to get the free dining. It took me four calls and I had to give up our preferred rooms for standard rooms but it all worked out.:thumbsup2
Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter