You know DVC is spoiling your kids when...

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
the teacher at your son’s second grade parent teacher conference asks “Do you guys travel a lot?” And then goes on to say “because when Tigger came back from a long weekend and said he had been to Disney, and I said YOU WENT TO DISNEY? FOR THE WEEKEND?!! He just shrugged like it was no big deal.”

I was a little embarrassed. I’m hoping I’m not the only one who can finish this sentence.

...you’re kid at 6yo can give people directions to park attractions, facts about the parks and attraction history, character meet and greet times and locations, and tips and tricks for getting into things like Jedi training or BBB.

the teacher at your son’s second grade parent teacher conference asks “Do you guys travel a lot?” And then goes on to say “because when Tigger came back from a long weekend and said he had been to Disney, and I said YOU WENT TO DISNEY? FOR THE WEEKEND?!! He just shrugged like it was no big deal.”

I was a little embarrassed. I’m hoping I’m not the only one who can finish this sentence.
I love this!

...you’re kid at 6yo can give people directions to park attractions, facts about the parks and attraction history, character meet and greet times and locations, and tips and tricks for getting into things like Jedi training or BBB.

My beast doesn’t know much Disney trivia, but he can tell you the best places to find which Pokémon in all the parks, and which rides get you the most Pokestops and mileage.

DD had already been to WDW over 100 times, was 15 when we bought into DVC. She now has her DVC membership with us on a separate contract.
She still likes to go with us and take our DGS(6). The DGS can walk MK and lead us to each attraction, loves going to AK and staying at AKL cause of the animals and pools. It is sad when we only go for the day; he asks, "why are we not going to the hotel"?

We don't have DVC, but my kids have been enough that they know where things are in the parks, what restaurants serve what, what rides require a fast pass or you're waiting a long time, etc.

Oh yes, we've had many people surprised when we've been at Disney for a long weekend. We just say that we have a Disney timeshare and an annual pass.

And to answer the sentence...DD17 knows where all the bathrooms are in all the parks.

I haven't posted in ages, but I'll bite:

Became DVC members in 2004, when DS was 3. Enjoyed 2 years of 1BR DVC accommodations. Took a non-DVC trip in 2007 to ASM and the Poly, and when we swung open the door to the ASM room and DS 7 strolled in, he looked around and said: "Whose room is this?!" figuring there was another room behind some door. :rolleyes1

When you are looking at google earth and your kid knows they labeled it wrong from the top of the building and what it is. That isn't GMR that is Mama Melrose. Duh.

And yes no dvc here either but thought it still worked.

I haven't posted in ages, but I'll bite:

Became DVC members in 2004, when DS was 3. Enjoyed 2 years of 1BR DVC accommodations. Took a non-DVC trip in 2007 to ASM and the Poly, and when we swung open the door to the ASM room and DS 7 strolled in, he looked around and said: "Whose room is this?!" figuring there was another room behind some door. :rolleyes1

My mom thought I was nuts to buy DVC. Our first trip was to OKW and she literally walked around with her mouth open when walking into the living room/kitchen of a 1 bedroom. Fast forward three years, we took an "extra trip" and stayed at CBR. What does she say? "I don't like this one room thing".

When your daughter (7 at the time) complains to her friends that her parents always take her to Disneyworld for her birthday, instead of throwing a party. For some reason her friends show her no sympathy!

We finally had a party, she decided she would rather be at Disneyworld. She said it more fun to go to Someone else's party.

She Is 28 and still goes to Disney with us.

When your daughter (7 at the time) complains to her friends that her parents always take her to Disneyworld for her birthday, instead of throwing a party. For some reason her friends have her no sympathy!

We finally had a party, she decided she would rather be at Disneyworld. She said it more fun to go to Someone else's party.

She Is 28 and still goes to Disney with us.

The father of the groom bought us a hotel room for the night before an out-of-town wedding. My daughter walked into the room and asked where was the kitchen and the room for her and her dolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!