You know DVC is spoiling your kids when...

I am 34 and have been to Disney at least once every year of my life. Moved to Florida for college at 18 and went all the time, live in Georgia now, have owned DVC for almost 10 years, we take the kids multiple times each year, often fly down for a quick weekend as well.

We are going with a high school basketball team and are staying at Pop this Christmas. Our home resort is BWV. The kids are a little apprehensive :) I think it is hilarious. They think all hotel rooms have bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and more than one bathroom!

We did a trip with my *then* 1 year old- and went to Animal Kingdom for a couple of days before Vero Beach. As she walked up to the balcony of VB, she opened the curtains and said "Where the animals at?"

Sorry, you just get an ocean this time...

We spend a night at road-side comfort inn, DS walked around the room looking for the rest of it.

The father of the groom bought us a hotel room for the night before an out-of-town wedding. My daughter walked into the room and asked where was the kitchen and the room for her and her dolls.

We are going with a high school basketball team and are staying at Pop this Christmas. Our home resort is BWV. The kids are a little apprehensive :) I think it is hilarious. They think all hotel rooms have bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and more than one bathroom!

We had to go to Wisconsin in July for my Grandmother's funeral and my girls (11 and 14) who have been staying in DVC villas since 2009 were very disappointed when we got to our hotel and said, "You mean we all have to stay in the same room?" Imagine their horror when they found out it didn't have a sink or a refrigerator in the room.

Mine is the same as many others - we walked into a hotel at Lake George and my 5 year old asked, "where's the rest of the room?"

When my DD doesn't like non Disney hotels because there isn't a balcony!

Also it's kind of embarrassing to look at her pin collection. DH always comments that the pins she's collected over all DVC trips would pay for a college education. Sad but true.

And DS has a checklist of his "go to" snacks around the World Showcase!

You know DVC is spoiling your kid when.....

she asks to stay in a nice room next trip. (We were in a one bedroom at BLT.)

I said to her, "You realize that this is a really nice room, right?" :confused3

We purchased DVC when she was 18 months old, while staying at POR. After that trip, we stay in a one bedroom, most often in BLT because it is our home resort.

Apparently she wants to stay in a cabin at WL.

You know DVC is spoiling your kid when..... your 6 year old would rather spend all day in the room watching the Disney channel on TV than going out to the Disney parks.

Answering as that now grown up kid, in my defense, we didn't have cable at home. And the Disney afternoon and evening lineups were awesome. *starts humming the Duck Tales theme song*

DVC spoiling kids? Lemme put it this way: DVC is the only resort/hotel they've ever experienced (DGD 5 & 6 yrs. old.) They're going to be so disappointed some day at a Courtyard by Marriott. ;)

DVC spoiling kids? Lemme put it this way: DVC is the only resort/hotel they've ever experienced (DGD 5 & 6 yrs. old.) They're going to be so disappointed some day at a Courtyard by Marriott. ;)

Same for my kids, now 17 and 15. The first time we stayed at a Hilton, a very nice, brand new one. They asked where are the other bedroom and kitchen!

DD17 is going to be in for a shock when she stays at Pop Century with 3 other girls for their Senior School Trip in May. We haven't stayed at a Value resort since she was 9. (We do stay at regular motels for non-Disney trips...but she's spoiled at Disney.) I also can't wait to hear what she thinks of the bus situation there...last 3 trips have been in walking distance of parks (BLT and BWV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter