You know what a great thing about DVC is...

Dman67

Local WDW Fan
Hi gang! I've been doing a little research on other timeshare options to compliment our DVC contract. I keep coming back, over and over again to DVC and here's why...flexibility...complete and total control over the use of your vacation points and using them as you see fit. No one else out there can touch what DVC is doing with this point system. In order to buy into another vacation club you have to buy an entire week in a 2bdr/2bth (for instance)...what if I don't want the entire week in a 2bdr/2bth? With DVC you get the pick and choose exactly what type of vacation you want, and when you to take that vacation. If you compare apples to apples, sure DVC is just as, if not more, expensive, but you just can't put a price on this kind of control and flexibility over your vacation dollar. I love it!!! :thumbsup2

Just had to get this off my chest!!!

There are other timeshares matching both the flexibility and control you mention. The key is finding them in places you wish to go ....

As west-coasters, we find Worldmark the Club (WM) to be a great vacation product offering more than 50+ locations w/in the core club, strong trading options through both II/RCI, flexible point-based program (any location, any size unit, any dates), etc.

I prefer it to DVC it has a less restrictive banking/borrowing plan, allows owners to view inventory online (web), to book/cancel reservations online, and doesn't use the "home resort" concept.

I've never heard of Worldmark so I guess my research hasn't been all the effective after all. I still love DVC though!!! ;)

worldmark is also the only one (IMO) that comes close to DVC in terms of making information available. i like being able to look at point charts and maint fees (and so forth) in detail before making a decision...it seems to take a lot of digging to get this information for many timeshares.

I've never heard of Worldmark so I guess my research hasn't been all the effective after all. I still love DVC though!!! ;)
Not to worry ... many of us have spent years learning about timeshares and building/restructuring our "perfect vacation portfolio."

A great source for the education: The Timeshare User's Group (TUG).

It is a very nice system compared to most, but it does come with the following costs:

-generally more expensive, both purchase and dues costs
-DVC system generally favors those that plan far in advance.

other than that it's great. i find it to be an acceptible cost for all the flexibility and let's not forget to mention how well DVC contracts hold value, they acctually appreciate! (at least for now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter