• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

You may suddenly get turned down

theodoru

theodoru
It is a little embarrassing when you are told that your purchase on your room key is turned down. They do not inform you that they set some arbitrary limit that has nothing to do with your credit card limit. I visited the front desk and got my limit upped. It was a good thing I had my credit card last night with me in HP or after standing in lines to both enter the shop and then to get to the register, I would have had to put my purchases back.

The same thing happened to us, they put just that $100 limit per day so even though they preauthorized $400 for 4 nights and the last night was when we went shopping I ended up paying with personal Debit Card instead for the last couple of purchases.

They also don't tell you that on the day of checkin if you don't have a room assigned yet you can't charge anything. Found that out when DH went on the ride with money and I was thirsty :)

Are the Universal Resorts still letting you opt out of having the room charging privileges? When I called to ask a couple months ago they said yes, but just wondered if anything had changed. I am going to be staying at RPR for 5 nights and just traveling with a debit card and there is no way I will be spending $500 just for myself and I don't want $500 to be put on hold on my account while I am there.

We had a couple issues, but the store or restaurant just called the hotel and got it okayed.

Are the Universal Resorts still letting you opt out of having the room charging privileges? When I called to ask a couple months ago they said yes, but just wondered if anything had changed. I am going to be staying at RPR for 5 nights and just traveling with a debit card and there is no way I will be spending $500 just for myself and I don't want $500 to be put on hold on my account while I am there.

Yes you can still opt out...That's what we did a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter