You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Oh Yum. I would love to stop in there for a treat, but everything looks so delish I'd have a hard time picking.
I know, there are still so many desserts in there I need to try!

Wow! Congratulations! And Happy Birthday, Chris!
:thanks:x2! The wedding is going to be EXTREMELY low-key; I'll try to post pictures next week!

10 more days :rolleyes1
:cheer2: I need to pm you my # so we can hopefully meet up at the Poly :thumbsup2

Congratulations on Jays wedding and :bday: Chris!
Thank you! It's supposed to be really nice, warm weather this weekend which is good since the ceremony is outside lol.

Have a great weekend :goodvibes
You also, I'll try to post pictures next week!

Hi Ariane! Me love a Grey Goose slushie!!! I actually had my first one in July...sigh...I wish I was standing in the hot, Epcot sun drinking one right now...
I remember you posting when you had your first one :drinking1 Soon enough we shall be there!

Congrats to your stepson on his upcoming marriage and your son's birthday!!
Thanks! They've been engaged for awhile.....we were expecting a big wedding but we're getting the opposite lol. This was planned 3 weeks ago :rolleyes:

That turkey sandwich looks amazing. It's huge and the way you described it makes me definitely want to have one right now.
Both the sandwiches were huge! Still the guys had no problem finishing theirs and I think I'll be ordering that in the future.

I had the Jambon Beurre: Ham and Cheese, Dijon Mustard Butter on a Demi Baguette:

View attachment 277757
My ham was fresh also but not that tasty. Not bad but not tasty. And as one would expect my baguette was hard which is how a baguette should be, but it was extra hard and made it difficult to bite. My jaw hurt half way through :rolleyes1 It could have used quite a bit more dijon mustard butter as well because the sandwich was on the dry side.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Jambon Beurre. I had one a couple of years ago, and it was amazing. I did get it heated up, though, so maybe that helped?

I followed you on IG! I hope you win!

img_6845-jpg.277741

Behold the Grey Goose Strawberry Slush, and we didn't have to go to WS to get it!!!! I read about this on Renee @ArielSRL 's TR: she got hers at Cool Wash closer to TT and I got this very close to the Pixar film festival but I can't remember exactly where. The important thing is it was THERE, and it was DELICIOUS. It didn't matter that it was barely after 10am, the alcohol was very prevalent and Steve and I were glad for that. We were SO glad for it we got another one a little later! We walked away with our frozen adult beverage of happiness while Chris munched on this
Is it as good as the France slushes though? Because I'm not a big orange or lemon fan but I can get on board with a strawberry alcoholic slush.

Empanadas con Queso: Fried Flour Tortillas filled with Cheese and served with Mexican Slaw:

img_6862-jpg.277745
I usually skip the Mexican QS because I can get better Mexican here, but these actually look really good.

Dinde B.L.T.: Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli

img_6866-jpg.277756

They both said this was delicious. The bread was soft and warm and that was a big part of what made the sandwich good. The turkey looks like cold-cut turkey but it wasn't.
I've had this before and I wasn't impressed. Maybe I need to try it again.

Napoleon: Puff Pastry layered with Cream

img_6868-jpg.277758

We all know what this is, right? It happens to be one of my favorite pastries, but I'd shied away from trying it because form the beginning of Les Halles existence people have said the Napoleon wasn't that good. I finally decided to give it a shot and I'm so glad I did! It was delicious, I don't know what people are complaining about! We have great Italian bakeries around us as well as in NYC and especially in the Bronx where Steve is from, and this is very close to being right up there with Napoleons we'd get any of those places. Not exactly the same but better than I expected. I practically licked the plastic paper underneath and my jaw did not hurt afterwards
Oh I'll have to try this too if I can ever pull myself away from the creme brulee or strawberry tart!

The Boardwalk Bakery has Napoleons, too. I’ve never tried one but they are nice looking. ;)

I don’t like the regular Grey Goose slush that they have at the little cart. I wish they would offer the pink one that they have during Flower and Garden. That’s my favorite. :)

I ate so many of those chocolate chip muffins while we were there, they were so delicious and chocolate-y! I also only took one picture of the lounge breakfast offerings today but they never changed, so you can refer back to one of my earlier posts here for more pics if you feel the need lol:
There is never anything wrong with chocolate at any time of the day!

Behold the Grey Goose Strawberry Slush, and we didn't have to go to WS to get it!!!!
I need this in my life!

You didn't really think we were done with Grey Goose for the day, did you? Tried and true, the traditional Grey Goose slush always comes through!
That a girl!

My ham was fresh also but not that tasty. Not bad but not tasty. And as one would expect my baguette was hard which is how a baguette should be, but it was extra hard and made it difficult to bite. My jaw hurt half way through :rolleyes1 It could hae used quite a bit more dijon mustard butter as well because the sandwich was on the dry side.
The guys were very happy with their sandwiches but mine left a little to be desired. They hadn't gotten dessert but there was something I'd wanted to try since Les Halles opened

Napoleon: Puff Pastry layered with Cream
Too bad your sandwich did not live up to expectations. Go for the croissant next time and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. The Napoleon looks amazing though!

img_6838-jpg.277740

I wanted to try that cranberry mayo because I love it on sandwiches, but I wasn't in the mood for turkey and mayo in the morning. On our way out I took note of the sign showing us what we'd be eating that evening during wine and cheese hour(s):
Except for the eggs, what in the heck is this stuff doing out for breakfast???? I love me some italian meats, but certainly not at 8 in the morning! That is just crazy.

Said it before and I'll say it again, us moms who booze before lunch gotta stick together. And including @ArielSRL this time!

img_6862-jpg.277745

He isn't that fond of the slaw but loves the cheese empanadas, and I agree they're really good. These are exactly as the description says, fried tortillas filled with cheese.
Yum, I don't think I've ever had these but they look delish

img_6865-jpg.277755

You didn't really think we were done with Grey Goose for the day, did you? Tried and true, the traditional Grey Goose slush always comes through! Sunshine in a glass :flower: We took our drinks into Les Halles where 3 of us got more lunch. Steve and Ricky got the same thing
Can't wait to break my grey goose slush virginity with you :-)

img_6867-jpg.277757

My ham was fresh also but not that tasty. Not bad but not tasty. And as one would expect my baguette was hard which is how a baguette should be, but it was extra hard and made it difficult to bite. My jaw hurt half way through :rolleyes1 It could hae used quite a bit more dijon mustard butter as well because the sandwich was on the dry side.
That looks like an obscene amount of meat to bread ratio right there. I totally hate a hard baguette so will have to steer clear of this one

img_6868-jpg.277758

We all know what this is, right? It happens to be one of my favorite pastries, but I'd shied away from trying it because form the beginning of Les Halles existence people have said the Napoleon wasn't that good. I finally decided to give it a shot and I'm so glad I did! It was delicious,
Yum! Casey looking over my shoulder and up way past her bedtime also says :love:party::jumping1::dance3:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Jambon Beurre. I had one a couple of years ago, and it was amazing. I did get it heated up, though, so maybe that helped?
That could be, I never think of getting heated up and when they ask you by the register I'm using too hungry and don't want to wait the extra minute lol. But next time I eat there if they offer to heat up whatever I get, I just may say yes :)

I followed you on IG! I hope you win!
:thanks: Considering I started out with like 25 followers I'm doing pretty good!

Is it as good as the France slushes though? Because I'm not a big orange or lemon fan but I can get on board with a strawberry alcoholic slush.
::yes:: It is, so go ahead and try it! It's thicker than the Grey Goose slush and I assume the Grand Marnier one although I've never had that, and while we had no problem tasting the GG in the strawberry slush there was more of a fruit flavor to it than the ones in France.

Oh I'll have to try this too if I can ever pull myself away from the creme brulee or strawberry tart!
I'm not a creme brulee fan but I do want to try the strawberry tart!

The Boardwalk Bakery has Napoleons, too. I’ve never tried one but they are nice looking. ;)
I've been in there before including over the summer, so I've probably seen them and either wasn't in the mood or it was late and they were out? But good to know! Every bakery item I've ever tried in there has been good :goodvibes

I don’t like the regular Grey Goose slush that they have at the little cart. I wish they would offer the pink one that they have during Flower and Garden. That’s my favorite. :)
Ah yes, the La Vie En Rose :love: I wish they'd have that year round also and I can't wait to have one next March!

Go for the croissant next time and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
I believe that's what I'm going to do!

There is never anything wrong with chocolate at any time of the day!
You can say that again lol

I love me some italian meats, but certainly not at 8 in the morning! That is just crazy.
I......can't say anything here. I just can't :P

Said it before and I'll say it again, us moms who booze before lunch gotta stick together. And including @ArielSRL this time!
#boozinforbreakfast

Can't wait to break my grey goose slush virginity with you :-)
I'll be gentle, I promise :rolleyes1

I totally hate a hard baguette
Once again Kari......................

Well, I had a lot of catching up to do. Mama Melrose seems to get mixed reviews, but on my last trip there all four of us enjoyed it. I would definitely try it again. I love Les Halles. The pastries of courses are awesome! I've never tried it for a meal though, but the sandwiches look good. I can see why your jaw hurt, it does look a little big to fit in your mouth. Ahem. :rolleyes1 (see, someone has to keep up the standards around here!)

Took awhile but I am all caught up. No point commenting on what came before, but will chime in going forward.
Well I'm glad you made it back :goodvibes Sometimes real life gets in the way of the DIS, I know that all too well!

Mama Melrose seems to get mixed reviews, but on my last trip there all four of us enjoyed it. I would definitely try it again.
I'd try it again too, but I think I'll wait awhile. Like I said Steve and I enjoyed our lunch there in May and I was the only one who was a tad disappointed with my meal this time. Well except Chris, but since he's rarely satisfied I don't count him :laughing:

I can see why your jaw hurt, it does look a little big to fit in your mouth. Ahem. :rolleyes1 (see, someone has to keep up the standards around here!)
Jeff I sincerely appreciate you keeping this going :worship: Just because I'm in my - not in my 30's anymore doesn't mean I have to cleanse my mind!

I totally forgot about the grey goose at the Cool Wash! Man! I missed out!!! Looks delish.
Something for your Feb. list :thumbsup2

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm using purple because it's my NEW DAUGHTER IN LAW'S FAVORITE COLOR :cheer2: The wedding was very nice; as I said in my TR it wasn't what we expected it would be when they got engaged last year, and it wasn't.......my kind of wedding, but it wasn't my wedding! The ceremony was outside in an apple orchard and the weather couldn't have been more perfect; sunny and 77 which is not normal for late Oct. in NY. I didn't take many pictures but hopefully will have some from the photographer soon:

Jason waiting for Candace (yup, got married with his sunglasses on)
View attachment 278785

After the deed is done!

View attachment 278787

Steve with all his boys and (FINALLY!) another female DeVizio!

View attachment 278788

Since this is a dining report here's a bit of food FYI. Being that they got married in an apple orchard, they got free cider and apple cider donuts. They wrapped the donuts in plastic, tied them with a silver tie and then Candace put them in these bags:

View attachment 278789

She did lots of DIY stuff, including the favors-candy in these mason jars. The plain pumpkin was for guests to sign with a gold highlighter marker:

View attachment 278799

Everything went well and they were extremely happy, which is what's important. Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that. I thank you in advance for saying so :D
Chris had a nice birthday on Sunday, we had a bowling party for his friends and he was satisfied with his gift haul!

IMG_7428.JPG
And now back to where we left off: Les Halles lunch. From there we went to the IG to boat over to the BW, to catch a bus to Disney Springs. I'm not positive why we went from BW instead of BC; I think the boat stopped there first. Just recently in her TR, @MeghanEmily was saying she wasn't sure exactly how the Friendship boats there worked. If you leave on one from either Epcot or HS you'll get to all of the Epcot area resorts before getting to the other park, and obviously if you come from HS you'll hit S&D first while coming from Epcot you'd hit BW, B/YC first. Just not sure if BW or BC is first when leaving Epcot but my guess is BW since that's where we got off. OK :thumbsup2
So where exactly were we going in DS?

Splitsville-Luxury-Lanes-Downtown-Disney-Orlando-8.jpg

To do something you can do ANYWHERE in the U.S, and most certainly on any given day at home! However the boys wanted to go here back in Nov. 2016 and then last August, but we didn't make it either time. Since taking mid-day breaks isn't a bad thing in August I was determined to make it this trip.
Originally I thought we'd eat lunch here, I've read many good reviews of the food. But then we were all just a bit too hungry while still in WS, hence our stop at Les Halles. So at this point I didn't think we'd be doing any eating at Splitsville.

I thought wrong!

At Splitsville you pay for an hour of bowling and I suppose if it isn't crowded you can pay for another hour. We did get drinks right away:
Sodas for the boys, a Guinness for Steve and yeah, a plain old unsweetened ice tea for me since the heat had started bothering me again in Epcot :sad2:

IMG_6878.JPG

Here are a couple pictures of the alley in case you don't frequent the TR board:

IMG_6880.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

BALLS!!!

IMG_6883.JPG
About half way through our hour of play our server convinced us to order some food. She really had to work hard to convince us......
Chris got the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Breaded chicken breast spiced up with hot sauce and cooled off with ranch dressing, lettuce, and tomato. Served with fries.

IMG_6886.JPG

He loved this, I mean who wouldn't love those fries?? The sandwich was super duper spiced up but that's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) he likes it. Keep it in mind for your future reference though.
Ricky got the Classic Burger: Served with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion and Fries (hold the onion)

IMG_6887.JPG
He absolutely loved this even more than Chris loved his chicken sandwich, in fact Ricky declared it the best burger he'd ever had in Disney. On Sunday that honor had gone to the one at the Plaza, so that didn't last long! And again with the crispy wrinkly fries :goodvibes
Steve and I were just a tad hungry so we shared the Macho Nachos: Loaded with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar jack cheese, queso, black been corn salsa and pickled jalapenos drizzled with avocado ranch and served with a side of sour cream

IMG_6888.JPG

I meant to order these sans jalepenos because I'm not much of a jalepeno fan but I forgot. No worries, these were some of the best nachos we've ever had! The meat was so well-seasoned and even though you can't see the queso real well, it was in there, there was plenty of it and it was de-lish. The two of us put a good size dent in those nachos despite our French lunch! Not only was bowling tons of fun but the food was awesome and we will definitely be back. We finished up our hour and went back to chill at our resort for a bit before our evening plans. Let me leave you with one parting shot before I move on:

IMG_6884.JPG

I forgot we were bowling when I got dressed this morning and I wore flip-flops, so I got to buy these fabulous SPLITSVILLE socks for $10 lol!
I'm going to stop here because I have to get to some PTA stuff, sorry this update was a little light on the dining but thanks for letting me share my weekend with you! And I apologize for the color switch but for whatever reason the color button isn't working for me tonight :headache:

And I'm back with the wedding pictures! I think when I start a post and then don't finish it until a day or two later, the first few pictures I post don't show up. Or it's just that I still can't work a computer :sad2:

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

Sorry I'm not rewriting all the descriptions, I'm going to make you go back to the other post and work for that! Thanks again for reading!

I'm using purple because it's my NEW DAUGHTER IN LAW'S FAVORITE COLOR :cheer2:

Yay!! Congrats on the new member of the family. Purple is my favourite colour, too!

Since this is a dining report here's a bit of food FYI. Being that they got married in an apple orchard, they got free cider and apple cider donuts.

Oh my goodness, BEST reason to get married at an orchard!

Everything went well and they were extremely happy, which is what's important. Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that. I thank you in advance for saying so :D

But of course, you do!
:rotfl:

Just recently in her TR, @MeghanEmily was saying she wasn't sure exactly how the Friendship boats there worked. If you leave on one from either Epcot or HS you'll get to all of the Epcot area resorts before getting to the other park, and obviously if you come from HS you'll hit S&D first while coming from Epcot you'd hit BW, B/YC first. Just not sure if BW or BC is first when leaving Epcot but my guess is BW since that's where we got off. OK :thumbsup2

Yep, we were let off at BW from what I can recall. Now that I understand the boats better I'm going to have to redeem myself and try them again! :blush:

but that's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) he likes it.

:rotfl2:Omg you're such a goof!

He absolutely loved this even more than Chris loved his chicken sandwich, in fact Ricky declared it the best burger he'd ever had in Disney.

No way! At Splittsville, of all places! Great to know you had such good food experiences here!

img_6888-jpg.279145

I meant to order these sans jalepenos because I'm not much of a jalepeno fan but I forgot. No worries, these were some of the best nachos we've ever had!

These look amazing!

Beautiful family! You guys are pretty blessed! The couple looks pretty thrilled...and Jason is a pretty cool dude on his wedding day! :cool2:

The wedding looks really nice, I love that wedding dress.

How cute are these. I love bowling, but I am absolutely terrible at it and always break my nails when I play.

About half way through our hour of play our server convinced us to order some food. She really had to work hard to convince us......
Chris got the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Breaded chicken breast spiced up with hot sauce and cooled off with ranch dressing, lettuce, and tomato. Served with fries.
This sandwich looks really good and the fries look great. This place was never on my radar before, but I might need to check it out one of these days.

Congratulations on gaining a new daughter in law.

I've never been to Splitsville but my kids have. I can't recall what they got to eat but I do remember them saying how good it was. Gotta love those $10 socks.

Mmmmmm nachos! They look so good.

Congrats on your stepson's wedding! I love the diy pumpkin cardholder. The bride and the boys all looked great!

Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures. What a difference a year makes when I look at Ricky and Chris in the group picture.
Splitsville looks like fun.

Yay!! Congrats on the new member of the family. Purple is my favourite colour, too!
Thank you! She does everything purple and picked out her moms dress just to make sure it was - purple.
Oh my goodness, BEST reason to get married at an orchard!
I admit, at first I thought it was a bad idea. Mainly because I like traditional, big weddings (or Disney weddings like yours!!!!) plus I didn't think it would make a good background in pictures. But given that the weather was gorgeous it really was much nicer than I thought, and the photographer did a great job of making the background in all shots look beautiful!

No way! At Splittsville, of all places! Great to know you had such good food experiences here!
I was skeptical even after reading tons of good food reviews, and I wondered why people were going there just to eat and not bowl! But the atmosphere is cool and the food is definitely worth it if you want to eat in DS but not fancy :thumbsup2

and Jason is a pretty cool dude on his wedding day! :cool2:
lol, I'm pretty sure that's where Ricky gets his "I have to look cool in any and all pictures of me taken in WDW" attitude from :cool1:

The wedding looks really nice, I love that wedding dress.
She did look beautiful :goodvibes Thank you!

This sandwich looks really good and the fries look great. This place was never on my radar before, but I might need to check it out one of these days.
Like I said above, I found it surprising that so many people reviewed the food so favorably and that people would go just to eat and not bowl, but definitely worth it between the atmosphere and food!

Congratulations on gaining a new daughter in law.
:thanks: It's exciting and I like saying "daughter in law" lol.

. Gotta love those $10 socks.
:laughing: My feet were chilly today as I was cleaning around the house so I actually put them on! Gotta get my $10 out of 'em

Congrats on your stepson's wedding! I love the diy pumpkin cardholder. The bride and the boys all looked great!
Thank you!! I knew she was making the favors but I didn't know what else she was doing. I stopped asking questions because she ws getting lots of crap from her family about the way they were doing things and also from Jason's mom, so I didn't want to be a pain lol. She put a decent amount of work into it all!

What a difference a year makes when I look at Ricky and Chris in the group picture.
I know :( My nephew hadn't seen them in almost a year and couldn't believe how old they both looked.

Splitsville looks like fun.
It was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter