You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

We've done TH as recently as August, but I don't think I ever noticed pot stickers there? And that's surprising because all 4 of us enjoy them!
Sorry, I need to edit my post. It was Yak and Yeti that has our favorite pot stickers.

I've heard nothing but good things about Tiffins. We were with friends last October and one of them wanted to stop at Tiffins for lunch. Unfortunately, the rest of the group wasn't interested, except me. I would have loved to try it.

I fell behind!!!!

Steve told me to take a picture of the Chef's Tasting menu but did I?? :sad2:
You have trained him well!

img_7583-jpg.283218

This was......eh. Definitely not the La Vie En Rose from F&G nor my Grey Goose slush. I finished it don't get me wrong, but it was kind of on the bland side? Not something I'd get again.
Hmmm. Wondering if my little cup was more grey goose or not...

I did pour soy sauce all over them so they were incredibly salty but that's the way I like my dumplings.
That is how I like it too!

Looks like you guys had a great time!

And FYI, the plastic cups were because we chose to sit outside, not because we can't handle glass.
Sure.....

Here I am...blowing up your notifications b/c I was WAY more behind than I thought.
Um, that's perfectly ok since I keep falling way behind on your TR and then forgetting about your PTR!

I want Tiffins on our next trip...but I felt like I needed to try Jiko instead. Tiffins is the most outstanding meal I've had on Disney property, and I wholeheartedly agree with your love of the place.
I want to try Jiko also. Of the two I think the boys would do better at Tiffins, so I'm planning on returning for our Spring Break trip in March :thumbsup2 That is, if I ever get around to making ADR's for that trip :rolleyes1

I'm glad to hear Ricky is making progress even with the bad days. Poor guy :hug: He's a trooper!
Thank you :hug: He's a tough kid and that's a big plus with this injury/recovery. He's itching to get off those crutches now real bad and can walk perfectly without them, but HAS to use them until Monday when we see the surgeon. However because he gets up and "forgets" to grab them, I bought him light blue grippy socks the other day with little penguins all over them and told him if he continues to not use the crutches I'm making him wear them :laughing: I'm confident his P/T will go well and he'll be on the quicker end of the recovery scale!

You guys tried so many things! I'm a food booth failure, I never end up trying as many things as I think I'm going to. If it's the slightest bit too hot, food loses all appeal
You know, after your F&G trip I didn't think of you as a food booth failure. However after reading your latest updates? Mmm, if the shoe fits............lol, just kidding. I really wish being hot made food lose it's appeal for me!

I've heard nothing but good things about Tiffins. We were with friends last October and one of them wanted to stop at Tiffins for lunch. Unfortunately, the rest of the group wasn't interested, except me. I would have loved to try it.
That's too bad, however since you have another trip coming up in a mere 3 days, maybe you can fit it in :goodvibes:goodvibes

I fell behind!!!!
Join the club!
Also I've been meaning to message you. I am so, so sorry I didn't message you last Sat. about meeting up, I feel bad and I really wanted to catch you. Ricky was better but my brain is still not working correctly :crazy: Next time (again)?

Looks like you guys had a great time!
We did! So much fun hanging out with DIS friends down there.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Joe and I are meeting at Chili's for a pre Thanksgiving drink (or 2) and app to get the holiday started...:drinking:

I know the menu can and does scare people away because, as the couple who got seated next to us during our dessert course said, "this isn't normal food" lol,

That would be us :crazy2: I wish we were more adventurous…maybe we'll try this next year!

So on this visit Angela our server asked which print we had. I told her it was like a market place print. She knew which one I was talking about and came back with a different one.

Maybe I'll go just for the free print…that's really cool!

I was itching to try the F&W version of the slushy:La Passion Martini Slush:

You mean the thing that knocked me on my butt and caused my EPCOT day to come to a screeching halt?!

Definitely not the La Vie En Rose from F&G nor my Grey Goose slush.

I actually though I WAS drinking the Grey Goose Slush :confused3 Now I'll have to ACTUALLY try that in April and I will just have to plan on leaving EPCOT right after to take a nap!

Here I got the Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing:

:love:

our next booth was in Italy where Steve and I mangia'd on some Absolut Penne: Vodka Sauce with Shrimp

That was the one think Mike had on his lis that he REALLY wanted but never got to try because the lines were crazy LONG on the day we went :sad:

Also want to add that Ricky is much improved today! The pain is lessening so he isn't needing the pain medication as frequently. He can also walk better-not well, but better-but more weight on his leg and straighten it more. He's probably going to practice tomorrow night and we're looking at at least a half day of school Wed. Having all his friends here Sunday and two more today really lifted his spirits :goodvibes

Awesome! So happy to hear he's feeling better :love: I hope everything is still going well now, almost a week later.

While we hung in there we took these with the Stones @kastoney:

img_7590-jpg.283927

Awww…what a nice, un-wrinkley picture! You both look lovely :hug:

Eventually it was time for us to head back to CSR and for the Stone family to gather their youngest and ship out to sea - you guys will understand that when Kari starts her dining report in about 6 months ;)

I HOPE it doesn't take six months!

Trying to get one more update in before the madness of Thanksgiving ensues!

Tuesday, Nov. 7th

We woke up early for our last full day in the parks and went directly to MK. We didn't get there for RD but still headed directly to one of my seasonal favorites: JINGLE CRUISE!!

IMG_7615.JPG

Not my favorite ride UNLESS, it's Jingle Cruise. We did a couple more rides since we had FP's here and also had a quick breakfast from an extremely crowded Gaston's. Seriously it was nuts, the line was out the door which we've seen before but even after walking around in circles for about 20 minutes we could not find a seat inside or outside. We ended up taking our food over to the wall by the gift shop there and sitting down. I had my favorite:

IMG_7624.JPG

And I finally remembered to ask for extra icing! Steve had the same but with the regular amount of icing: BO-RING. Good as always.
We made our way to Epcot around noon-ish I believe for our last chance at Food and Wine. This time we started at some of the booths on the FW side like Coastal Eats, where Steve got the Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce:

IMG_7628.JPG

He said the scallops were really good and felt this was one of the top dishes he'd had so far. He also enjoyed the corn/succotash combo.
We moved on about 5 steps to the Cheese Studio, passing this neat display:

IMG_7629.JPG
and we each tried something. I got the Savory Caramelized Onion and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula salad and Aged Balsamic:

IMG_7630.JPG

It was good. I was just surprised because it was cold and I expected it to be warm, and I probably should have known better since "cold" is in the name. I feel like it would have been better warm? Could just be me, but regardless that balsamic really made the dish.
Steve got the Braised Beef "Stroganoff" with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herb Cheese Sauce:

IMG_7632.JPG

Holy crap, once he had this he 100% declared THIS the best dish he'd had at F&W! I tried it and if I wasn't already starting to get full + the line being long, I would have gotten my own because OMG how good. The sauce was delectable and the egg noodles were almost like spaetzle, which I cannot resist :cloud9:
The chocolate booth was calling me but I wasn't quite ready or sweets, which is completely weird for me. There were still too many savory dishes I wanted to try so over to WS we went-to the right!
Canada was our first destination. While both main dishes there may be familiar to many, we haven't eaten at Le Cellier in years and both had something we wanted to try. I needed the cheddar cheese soup with the pretzel roll and it didn't disappoint. Steve tried the Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce:

IMG_7633.JPG

As much as I loved my dish Steve wasn't in love with his. He felt the filet was just ok and that he'd had much better other places including in other F&W dishes. He still wants to eat at Le Cellier in the near future but I keep reminding him how close the tables are and how much he hated that at San Angel.
I was so, so full now but the soup and bread made me thirsty so a drink was in order. Since we were quickly approaching the U.K. I knew exactly what I needed: anther Marger's Pear Cider that I'd tried 2 days ago! Steve tried getting the Guinness Blonde American Lager from the Ireland booth, but after standing on line for it for about 15 minutes the keg ran out and they said it would be about 30 minutes until they got a new one. So, over to the stand where I got my cider he went and got something different. Can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't blonde and I'm too lazy to look it up: maybe regular Guinness?

IMG_7635.JPG

LOVE that pear cider! We kept walking with our drinks to burn some calories :laughing:
I know I said I'd keep my Nov. reviews short and to the point, but I have to include this picture of the Morocco booth:

IMG_7637.JPG

Yay Morocco, you have a customer : cheer2: So happy for you!! The Morocco food booth never seems to get love at the festivals and as much as I love the Morocco pavilion I feel so bad for them lol. Happy to see this lady giving them attention!

There was one more thing I had been dying to try and it was at the booth in Germany. One reason I wanted to try it was the name, so I present to you the Schinkennudeln-Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese:

IMG_7638.JPG

Also pictures is what Steve got from the booth, the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll.
The Schinkennudeln was extremely good but also extremely heavy and I could only eat about half of it before I felt like I'd eaten a whole pizza. It was also pretty much just as described, a noodle casserole with ham and cheese. I'd get it again except it would have to be when I didn't want anything else to eat! Steve liked the bratwurst but said it was the same as the one you get at the little QS back by Beirgarten.

Feeling extremely full and having to head out soon so we could go back to CSR for a bit before our dinner reservation, we walked back towards FW. I did have one more place I wanted to check out and I thought if we waited a bit I may have room for one dessert in me. I'll finish up our final day/our Nov. trip soon, in the meantime I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving :donald: Also maybe by next Thanksgiving the DIS will add a Turkey emoji lol.

Trying to get one more update in before the madness of Thanksgiving ensues!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got the Savory Caramelized Onion and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula salad and Aged Balsamic:

That's my F&W regret :sad1: I never got to try that.

I feel like it would have been better warm?

Definitely it looks like it should be warm. I feel better about missing it now :laughing:

Not my favorite ride UNLESS, it's Jingle Cruise.

I :love::love::love: both rides, but the Jingle Cruise is hysterical! Except that I was the only one in the boat laughing out loud :rotfl:

I had my favorite:

img_7624-jpg.284700

…STILL on the list :sad2:

and we each tried something. I got the Savory Caramelized Onion and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula salad and Aged Balsamic:

img_7630-jpg.284741

We LOVED that! That balsamic glaze was to die for! I am hoping they have some version of this in April at the flower and garden food booths. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

happy Thanksgiving :donald: Also maybe by next Thanksgiving the DIS will add a Turkey emoji lol.

Happy Thanksgiving! A turkey emoji would be nice. Until then, here's your Thanksgiving fish :fish::fish::fish:

Last edited:
img_7632-jpg.284742

Holy crap, once he had this he 100% declared THIS the best dish he'd had at F&W! I tried it and if I wasn't already starting to get full + the line being long, I would have gotten my own because OMG how good. The sauce was delectable and the egg noodles were almost like spaetzle, which I cannot resist :cloud9:

Never would have guessed this looking at the picture!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Glad Ricky is doing better. Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Enjoyed your last few updates even if I was too lazy to comment.

Now I'm off to reread your dining review from last Thanksgiving....I can't remember all of the great food you had at the Epcot Festival of the holidays. Need to know our must tries.

img_7624-jpg.284700

And I finally remembered to ask for extra icing! Steve had the same but with the regular amount of icing: BO-RING.
Oh no, totally kicking myself for never getting one of these beauties on our trip. Don't know how we missed it! But it looks awesome with the extra icing. Good on ya for finally remembering, I most definitely never do.

img_7628-jpg.284739

He said the scallops were really good and felt this was one of the top dishes he'd had so far.
Yum! Glad to hear he enjoyed these. I couldn't get over the intense fish smell coming from this booth to ever try this.

img_7630-jpg.284741

It was good. I was just surprised because it was cold and I expected it to be warm, and I probably should have known better since "cold" is in the name. I feel like it would have been better warm? Could just be me, but regardless that balsamic really made the dish.
Odd yours came out cold, ours was most definitely served warm. I'm sure that made a huge difference. This ended up being my favorite item of the festival.

img_7633-jpg.284743

As much as I loved my dish Steve wasn't in love with his. He felt the filet was just ok and that he'd had much better other places including in other F&W dishes. He still wants to eat at Le Cellier in the near future but I keep reminding him how close the tables are and how much he hated that at San Angel.
I was so, so full now but the soup and bread made me thirsty so a drink was in order.
And 2 more items I never got to try. The filet of course was never on the list - hello mushrooms - but i was dying to finally try the soup as we've never been Le Cellier. Unfortunately I passed one day because it just felt too dang hot for cheese soup and when the weather was perfect there was about 30 people in line. It just wasn't meant to be.

And FYI, the plastic cups were because we chose to sit outside, not because we can't handle glass.
A likely story... :rotfl:

Looks like a fun trip! We felt the same about the German booth. I had to give up on the noodles. I liked the passion slush and ended up not trying either of the originals on our trip, good thing I can correct that in a few weeks or in January. The stroganoff was delicious tho. We enjoyed dipping our pretzel bead into the soup at food and wine and at Le Cellier :rotfl: but man those tables are close together!

img_7576-jpg.283080

He ate every bite of this and declared it delicious, just like everything else at Tiffins. That's the same black rice that came with mine. Next came my favorite part of every meal - dessert!!!

img_7578-jpg.283081

Yum, Steve had the same dish in August and I think in Nov as well and he really loved the swordfish with the rice and the veggie curry. And those desserts...yum!!

This is proof there is some type of higher power above us because while I didn't fall completely in love with the Guava Mousse, it was delicious. However the chocolate ganache (which I had in March) and that lime cheesecake were beyond perfection.
I want to eat here EVERY TRIP. That's how much I love this place. I think it has taken the spot of "our favorite signature". I also think I may take the boys in March; Chris can try the wagyu since he's a meat eater and Ricky will be open to trying whatever type of chicken dish they're offering at the time. It's just that fantastic. I know the menu can and does scare people away because, as the couple who got seated next to us during our dessert course said, "this isn't normal food" lol, but really it isn't that far off! I'm not really that adventurous an eater and keep in mind I don't eat any seafood or veer from beef, chicken, the occasional pork for meats and I adore this place. What I'm saying is,
GO!!!! Not to mention they give you neat stuff when you leave; on our first visit we got an awesome Joe Rohde print as I know many of you did. So on this visit Angela our server asked which print we had. I told her it was like a market place print. She knew which one I was talking about and came back with a different one. And, because we were return guests :D we got some dark chocolate bark, too!!

THIS. EXACTLY THIS!!! Everyone should GO to Tiffins!!! You phrased it perfectly!

img_7583-jpg.283218

This was......eh. Definitely not the La Vie En Rose from F&G nor my Grey Goose slush. I finished it don't get me wrong, but it was kind of on the bland side? Not something I'd get again.

Definitely enjoyed La Vie en Rose much better although I thought this one was ok. I had it once then went back to regular GG slushies!

img_7586-jpg.283219

"Do you see what I seeeeeee......." Look at all that sweet, sweet icing dripping down the sides and off the plate :cloud9: This was delicious if you like carrot cake. It was moist :P and carrot-y sweet and as for the frosting, well, I think the picture speaks for itself.

I see you enjoy your icing!! There must be carrot cake under there, right?

img_7587-jpg.283231

I'll sum this up quick: this s&@* was nasty. It smelled like coffee and had a bad coffee/beer taste. Unlike our friends, Steve did not finish this!

This looks like apple cider gone bad! :crazy2:

dumplings-jpg.283236

I know this isn't the most appetizing photo but it was dark out, and these were dee-lish. I did pour soy sauce all over them so they were incredibly salty but that's the way I like my dumplings. We took our food over by the.......tall tower in Japan where the drummers perform and sat on a wall, and I remember the conversation getting a little dirty but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what was said. I do know it was good that Casey wasn't there, and while our boys would have understood what was being said it was also better that they were in NY!

Yum these were great, they packed a punch with the wasabi too! Nice to have some salty dumplings with dirty conversation...:laughing:

Also want to add that Ricky is much improved today! The pain is lessening so he isn't needing the pain medication as frequently. He can also walk better-not well, but better-but more weight on his leg and straighten it more. He's probably going to practice tomorrow night and we're looking at at least a half day of school Wed. Having all his friends here Sunday and two more today really lifted his spirits :goodvibes

Yay! Go Ricky! I saw on FB that he was back to shooting balls again? That is amazing!

I mentioned this on your TR but I love this picture, you all look so happy!

yum I think we had this too and enjoyed it.

img_7598-jpg.283930

I went simple with a (plastic cup) of Moscato and Steve mixed it up with a (plastic cup full of) Moscow Mule. I remember Kari got Pepper's Ghost but I can't remember what Jason got :scratchin And FYI, the plastic cups were because we chose to sit outside, not because we can't handle glass.

Haha yes give the tipsy adults the plastic cups...

img_7599-jpg.283931

I know the turkey burger doesn't look appetizing, but it actually had lots of flavor and was good! And those fries OMG. The seasoning on them was spectacular; I think very close to the best fries we've had in Disney minus the ones at Territory Lounge over at WL. They were parmesan garlic fries and were nice and crunchy. I ate more of those than I did of the burger!

Those fries look soooo good!! I'll have to remember this!

We woke up early for our last full day in the parks and went directly to MK. We didn't get there for RD but still headed directly to one of my seasonal favorites: JINGLE CRUISE!!

img_7615-jpg.284701

I was so happy we got to ride this before we left!!

img_7624-jpg.284700

And I finally remembered to ask for extra icing! Steve had the same but with the regular amount of icing: BO-RING. Good as always.

I think there's a cinnamon bun under the icing, right? :)

img_7628-jpg.284739

He said the scallops were really good and felt this was one of the top dishes he'd had so far. He also enjoyed the corn/succotash combo.

I think we had this too and yes it was great!

img_7632-jpg.284742

Oh darn, we missed this one! Looks good!!

img_7633-jpg.284743

I agree the F&W version of the filet is overcooked and not that great. The cheese soup is still good though!

img_7638-jpg.284746

Also pictures is what Steve got from the booth, the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll.
The Schinkennudeln was extremely good but also extremely heavy and I could only eat about half of it before I felt like I'd eaten a whole pizza. It was also pretty much just as described, a noodle casserole with ham and cheese. I'd get it again except it would have to be when I didn't want anything else to eat! Steve liked the bratwurst but said it was the same as the one you get at the little QS back by Beirgarten.

More things that I missed. I swear I can't even eat my way through half the world and we always get full after only a few items! The noodle casserole looks delish though! But I do agree the bratwurst looks like the ones they always have at Germany.

Happy Thanksgiving!
:thanks: Hope you enjoyed yours with your dad!

We LOVED that! That balsamic glaze was to die for! I am hoping they have some version of this in April at the flower and garden forth both. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
I don't remember seeing anything like it at the festival this year, but hey like you said, no harm in dreaming lol! I loved the food at F&G just as much as F&W :)

A turkey emoji would be nice. Until then, here's your Thanksgiving fish :fish::fish::fish:
lmao I almost used the fish!

Never would have guessed this looking at the picture!
I know, even from the description I didn't think I'd enjoy it; I was surprised!

Now I'm off to reread your dining review from last Thanksgiving....I can't remember all of the great food you had at the Epcot Festival of the holidays. Need to know our must tries.
We unfortunately didn't eat much because unlike the other festivals, the portion sizes weren't snack-size; hoping they change that this year! But what we did try was really good :goodvibes

Not my favorite ride UNLESS, it's Jingle Cruise.
The only time we ride this is when it is the Jingle Cruise. :)

Canada was our first destination. While both main dishes there may be familiar to many, we haven't eaten at Le Cellier in years and both had something we wanted to try. I needed the cheddar cheese soup with the pretzel roll and it didn't disappoint. Steve tried the Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce:
These two dishes are usually really good but the serving of beef that Steve got looks terrible.

The scallops and the brat look so yummy!!!!
Steve enjoyed them both!

Oh no, totally kicking myself for never getting one of these beauties on our trip. Don't know how we missed it! But it looks awesome with the extra icing. Good on ya for finally remembering, I most definitely never do.
I'm very surprised I remembered! I know you aren't big on sweets but you definitely should try one :)

Odd yours came out cold, ours was most definitely served warm. I'm sure that made a huge difference. This ended up being my favorite item of the festival.
I know you said you loved this; should have asked if yours was cold. It definitely would have been better warm!

And 2 more items I never got to try. The filet of course was never on the list - hello mushrooms
They're saying, "Hello Kari, eeeeeeeeat usssss................."

but i was dying to finally try the soup as we've never been Le Cellier.
I'm sort of surprised you've never been there since you frequent the good restaurants; however on the other hand since it's a not worth 2 credits signature, I'm not surprised. We at there before it was 2 credits and liked it but the closeness of the tables is a total turnoff.

We felt the same about the German booth. I had to give up on the noodles
OMG, they were delicious but I felt like I'd ate a whole meal before I was done! Guess that's why all my female German relatives were...........hearty looking women lol

I liked the passion slush and ended up not trying either of the originals on our trip, good thing I can correct that in a few weeks or in January.
Please do, because at least the GG slush is so much better than the passion fruit one! I didn't think it was bad, just not up to par with the GG and definitely not anywhere near as good as the delicious La Vie En Rose :rose:

THIS. EXACTLY THIS!!! Everyone should GO to Tiffins!!! You phrased it perfectly!
We should be hired by Disney to do a Tiffins commercial!!!!!! In fact, I'm suggesting it to a client later tonight for their trip next summer. They went last summer for the first time and are very adventurous eaters so I know they'd love it; I want to suggest it to everyone now lol!

Definitely enjoyed La Vie en Rose much better although I thought this one was ok. I had it once then went back to regular GG slushies!
Yeah it wasn't bad, it was good enough to finish :D But if the La Vie En Rose isn't being offered I'll stick with my GG Slush.

Yum these were great, they packed a punch with the wasabi too! Nice to have some salty dumplings with dirty conversation...:laughing:
Salty dumplings go down easy! :rolleyes1

Yay! Go Ricky! I saw on FB that he was back to shooting balls again? That is amazing!
He is :goodvibes He can't jump or anything but he can practice shooting, and he can work his upper body in the weight room/gym as well. We saw the surgeon today and it went great, surgeon was extremely happy with his progress so he can start therapy again :thumbsup2 He also said he can see that Ricky will be one of the quicker ones to finish the P/T rehab program he'll be doing.

Haha yes give the tipsy adults the plastic cups...
It's like they knew who they were dealing with................................

I see you enjoy your icing!! There must be carrot cake under there, right?
:laughing: This time it was all their doing, the CM's put it on!

I agree the F&W version of the filet is overcooked and not that great. The cheese soup is still good though!
I would think they'd want the festival version to be super good, to lure people in to Le Cellier. Guess not.....
I'm so behind on your TR, I apologize :( I'll get back there asap, I promise!

Sounds like a very successful and yummy afternoon at Epcot! I'm still recovering from a Thanksgiving weekend stomach bug :sick: which is too bad because I would have been so much more excited about some of these dishes! :laughing:

I lost my quotes.

But sounds like another good day so are. Lots of Food!

I always hated my moms beef stroganoff. Wonder if this was a big difference...

It's ok about the other weekend. You had a lot going on... Next time... One day!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!