YouFirst Room Upgrades

sonofanarchy

DIS Veteran
We're currently Blue Members. We have reservations for 2 standard rooms at Royal Pacific for July. If available, what kind of room upgrade would we receive, and would we need to ask for it?

it is easier for me to post the link so you can read all that you are eligible for at the blue status.

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/youfirst/benefits

Blue members can get a free upgrade if it is available when you check in.

you need to ask for it when you are checking in.

ie: book standard room and free upgrade to water view.

We're currently Blue Members. We have reservations for 2 standard rooms at Royal Pacific for July. If available, what kind of room upgrade would we receive, and would we need to ask for it?

Mac is correct but in July it's slim to none of getting that upgrade. It's summer and booked solid.

it is easier for me to post the link so you can read all that you are eligible for at the blue status.

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/youfirst/benefits

Blue members can get a free upgrade if it is available when you check in.

you need to ask for it when you are checking in.

ie: book standard room and free upgrade to water view.

So, if you've booked water view at RPR, what would the (possible) 'free upgrade' be?

So, if you've booked water view at RPR, what would the (possible) 'free upgrade' be?

if you are blue, none.
if you are gold you can upgrade to a king suite for $50 per night.

read the loews link i listed in an above post.
that should answer your question better than my explanation.

when i was blue i always booked the lowest priced room, then hoped for availability so i could get the free water view upgrade.

i've been at platinum for a number of years now and can book the free upgrade at the time of booking.

Not yet. Still rooms open at all resorts, at all price levels.

if you are at the blue level for youfirst, you can not get the free upgrade until the day you check in.

by the time you are there, it is possible that no waterviews are available to be upgraded to.

Not yet. Still rooms open at all resorts, at all price levels.

From someone that is there all the time I would be shocked if you can get an upgrade at checkin on peak season with DA open.

The other issue is if they only have say one night upgrade available and you are staying 3 you will be told no upgrades are available. I was blue back in 2008 and only once on many stays during that year was I upgraded. It was offseason and very dead.

No upgrade from water view only standard. Because the free upgrade is standard to water. If you want a suite, king suite at RPR, you will pay $50 more per night if available.

if you are at the blue level for youfirst, you can not get the free upgrade until the day you check in. by the time you are there, it is possible that no waterviews are available to be upgraded to.

Yep, busy times are pretty much no upgrades at checkin.

We were at PBH the week of April 21 and had booked a garden view room and received an upgrade to a deluxe room without asking. Again we have a garden view room for the first week of July with an APH rate and are hoping for an upgrade to a suite for $50 upon check in. Never hurts to ask! I'm happy with the garden view room anyway as PBH is our favorite resort.

(I plan to call for the complimentary room upgrade to deluxe anyway just in case. I would have done it when I booked originally but I forgot about the upgrade and now can't do it until both garden view and deluxe rooms are available. There are no garden views available today when I checked. It always pays to keep checking those rates!)

We are gold by the way.
Enjoy!:cool1:

We were at PBH the week of April 21 and had booked a garden view room and received an upgrade to a deluxe room without asking. Again we have a garden view room for the first week of July with an APH rate and are hoping for an upgrade to a suite for $50 upon check in. Never hurts to ask! I'm happy with the garden view room anyway as PBH is our favorite resort.

(I plan to call for the complimentary room upgrade to deluxe anyway just in case. I would have done it when I booked originally but I forgot about the upgrade and now can't do it until both garden view and deluxe rooms are available. There are no garden views available today when I checked. It always pays to keep checking those rates!)

We are gold by the way.
Enjoy!:cool1:

So for the heck of it I called back and got a different CM who gave me the free upgrade to deluxe room no problem. It also pays to sometimes call back and speak to someone different if you don't like the answer you get the first time!;)

So for the heck of it I called back and got a different CM who gave me the free upgrade to deluxe room no problem. It also pays to sometimes call back and speak to someone different if you don't like the answer you get the first time!;)
Yep, they will do that because you are gold. They will upgrade you to open a garden view to be sold. They can sell the garden view easier than the deluxe. Plus being gold it can be done at time of booking or arrival. Blue is when you arrive. The suite upgrade is to Portofino Parlor Suite. There are a total of 12 at PBH.

Yep, they will do that because you are gold. They will upgrade you to open a garden view to be sold. They can sell the garden view easier than the deluxe. Plus being gold it can be done at time of booking or arrival. Blue is when you arrive. The suite upgrade is to Portofino Parlor Suite. There are a total of 12 at PBH.

I like to be prepared upon check in when I am asking for an upgrade. Wasn't sure what suite it was.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

I like to be prepared upon check in when I am asking for an upgrade. Wasn't sure what suite it was.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Yep, you never know what they might do for you. I have been very lucky on upgrades in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter