"You'll find I'm full of surprises" - Marathon/Princess Half Marathon - 3/11 Raglan Road Brunch

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Table of Contents

Trip #1
January 4th to 7th
Boardwalk Villas

January 4th
Boardwalk Room Service

January 5th
Tiffins
Boardwalk Bakery Special Delivery
La Hacienda de San Angel

January 6th
Tutto Italia
EPCOT Snacks
The Boathouse

January 7th
Chef Mickey's
Le Cellier

Miami Beach Day Trip
Scotch Tasting

Trip #2
February 22nd to 25th
Boardwalk Villas

February 22nd
La Cava Del Tequila
Monsieur Paul
Boardwalk Desserts

February 23rd
Pecos Bill
Enzo's Hideaway

February 24th
Baseline Taphouse
Flying Fish

February 25th
Raglan Road Brunch

Last edited:
Travel Plans

Trip #1:
Mr. Dis_Yoda Runs His 1st Marathon

Cast:
Dis_Yoda
Mr. Dis_Yoda
Dis_Yoda's Mother (she will be staying at the Ritz off-site but she was added to my reservation at Boardwalk so she has on-site privileges)

Tentative Plans...

Originally here were my plans:
Q8YNCWQ.jpg

But my husband took the wrong days off of work. As he has a new job - he doesn't want to cause a stink, my January 4th plans are gone. Not sure where I'm going to fit in my last ride on Stitch's Great Escape now.

We actually have the room booked until January 8th. We are completely undecided if we are going to stay the night of the 7th though. We wanted to make sure we still had a room though for my husband post Marathon so he can have time to get cleaned properly, go eat lunch and possibly nap before traveling home. We may end up staying the night and leaving for home at 3AM in the morning since I do have to work on the 8th. We'll just wing it!

January 4th
Unknown - Not sure when exactly he will get off of work at his new job. We will arrive at the Boardwalk sometime between 7PM and 10PM because of this.

January 5th
5:30AM - Dis_Yoda hands out beer to Disboard Runners
I draw cute Porgs.
gqVmFoL.jpg

yPymHw7.jpg

7:30AM - Clean Up & Head To Animal Kingdom
11:30AM - Tiffins
Post FOP FP+, head to Marathon Weekend Expo
5:00PM - La Hacienda de San Angel

January 6th
11:30AM - Tutto Italia
5:00PM - Boathouse

January 7th
Mr. Dis_Yoda Runs His 1st Marathon
12:30PM - Le Cellier
Who knows past this?

Trip #2:
Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Cast:
Dis_Yoda
Mr. Dis_Yoda

For this trip, Dis_Yoda is running the 10K. Mr. Dis_Yoda is running the 10K/Half Marathon.

You can look forward to my husband's costume for the Half Marathon. It should be better than Rapunzel in 2016.
mVM0gyj.png

February 22nd
Dinner - Monsieur Paul

February 23rd
Lunch: Skipper Canteen
Dinner: Il Mulino

February 24th
Lunch: Undecided
Dinner: Flying Fish
After Dinner: Dis_Yoda & Tankgirl47 Go Drinking

February 25th
Lunch: Raglan Road Brunch

That sucks that you have to go later than you planned, but I'm sure you will have a great time!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Also, I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw the list of items for your husband's costume.....LOL! I hope you manage to get there earlier than later tomorrow and I look forward to reading all about it!

I'll be doing the half at Princess weekend. I look forward to hearing how your race and Mr. Dis_Yoda's races went!

Plans look great. :rotfl2::eek: on the costume plans! Have fun this weekend!!

Thanks! My husband likes to embrace the Princess Theme. Its probably the only race he feels comfortable dressing up at as he doesn't for any of the other Disney races.

That sucks that you have to go later than you planned, but I'm sure you will have a great time!

It does suck to leave later than before but at least I saved 4 hours of vacation time at work which means more to put towards other vacations! Positive thoughts on that!

I’m in! Looking forward to reading everything!

Yay! Welcome!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Also, I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw the list of items for your husband's costume.....LOL! I hope you manage to get there earlier than later tomorrow and I look forward to reading all about it!

If you knew my husband, you would really spit out your coffee. When he sent me the list originally, I was glad I wasn't eating or drinking something! I'm ready for tomorrow!

I'll be doing the half at Princess weekend. I look forward to hearing how your race and Mr. Dis_Yoda's races went!

If you see him on the Princess Half, feel free to say hi! In 2016, he apparently scared people as he made a great Rapunzel until he talked. Enjoy your RunDisney weekend!
:wave:Joining in

Welcome!

I love porgs and beer :)

I love porgs and beer too! Too bad you won't be here this weekend :(. 2019!

Those Porgs are so cute, joining in so I can enjoy your great reviews!

Porgs are adorable! They may be my favorite part of the new movie. Welcome!

Your plans sound great, but I can't believe you made an excel spreadsheet in a day planner! :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing about it all.

So excited for a new report... can’t wait to see those costume pics! Haha

Hi there! Hope you have a great trip this weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it, especially the handing out beer part :-) Genius!

Looking forward to your review . Have a great trip.

Thank you! Trip is already off to a great start!

Your plans sound great, but I can't believe you made an excel spreadsheet in a day planner! :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing about it all.

I love having colors in my day planner! It makes my day really organized and easy to see whats going on! I do the same with my normal day job.

So excited for a new report... can’t wait to see those costume pics! Haha

I can't wait for the costume pictures either! At least this time, I don't think we're doing make up.

Hi there! Hope you have a great trip this weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it, especially the handing out beer part :-) Genius!

Hi! Thank you! I hope I have a great weekend too! Alarm is set fur 5AM which seems late for a race day but at least it isn't like I'm running it! Got the beer all ready and the cooler filled with ice!

Boardwalk Room Service

On Wednesday Evening prior to leaving for Walt Disney World, I got the best text message from my husband. He was no longer getting off of work at 5:30PM!

tuNxvrX.png

It also meant that when I got home from tutoring children in Math (since I unexpectedly
got called in due to drama), I needed to make sure everything was packed and ready so that when we both got home from our jobs, we could get in his truck and go! Once we both got home (a little before 4PM), we loaded up the car and headed to the kennel before getting to Disney. I fully admit, when I checked Gaston into at the kennel, I lost it crying again. The last time I was there was the last time I saw Jafar. They started crying too. I love them as they are a very caring facility. It may be a little out of our way but they are worth it!

W4PXvdE.jpg

I got kicked out of the front seat!

We arrived at Disney a little after 7:30PM and headed straight to our room. I think my mother’s request for a ‘quiet’ room has permanently been attached to my name as well. We got another room super far from the main area - 3rd time in the row. On our drive to Disney, we had agreed to go to Flying Fish and eat at the bar. Once we got to the room, my husband changed his mind and we got room service instead. I ordered two appetizers for my meal. My husband ordered chocolate cake.

As we waited for the food to arrive, I poured myself some wine in a classy non-wine glass.

v0O3Auu.jpg

My wings were awesome. They actually were hot this time rather just a bit of spice. They also were separate wings instead of the flapper and drum being attached together. That made this a lot easier to eat this time around!

ZuqUp5r.jpg

Buffalo Wings - Hot

I was sad I ordered the wings when I started eating these. This may be the best item I’ve had that would have came from ESPN Club. Crispy tater tots topped with a ton of beef brisket, cheese and caramelized onions. I did order it without the pico on it.

pmieSu1.jpg

Loaded Tater Tots - Brisket, Caramelized Onions, Cheese

My husband enjoyed his chocolate cake. He didn’t say much but it was gone before I was even halfway through my wings!

af4XNNT.jpg

Chocolate Cake

Overall, a good first night dinner while we watched the CBS Comedy Block!​

Glad you were able to get on the road early! Dinner looks good! Have fun passing out beer in the morning!

Oh boy, those Boardwalk hallways can be LONG. I love the bar at Flying Fish but can totally see opting for room service instead. Funny, someone just recently recommended that wine to me. Those taters look yummy as does that cake!! Good luck to your husband with the race!

I'd eat the chocolate cake that fast too!! Love the updates. Now my belly is growling :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!