Your experience with MNSSHP please

lisalonglash

Yes, I love Pluto!
We are thinking about adding the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to our WDW vacation this October, but wanted to get your opinions first!

(1) Is the ticket price worth the event? (last year, the cost for advance tickets for our family would have been about $165, I'm sure the price will be higher this year)

(2) How does event admission work? If you're already in the park, can you just stay in the park? If you've been to a different park that day, can you even get into the MK for the event without Park Hoppers?

(3) After you get your wristband, what happens?

So, on the one hand, I'm excited because this event sounds really fun and I'm hoping being at the event will mean much much shorter ride lines; but, on the other hand, I'm wondering if this a hyped-up event and not worth the considerable cost for our family.

Thanks so much for your input - much appreciated!:flower3:

) Is the ticket price worth the event? (last year, the cost for advance tickets for our family would have been about $165, I'm sure the price will be higher this year)Absolutely! We've done it two years in a row with my DD17 and DS11 because they enjoyed it so much. Not only is the trick to treating fun, but seeing all the costumes, the fireworks, the parade with the headless horseman and the gravediggers!

(2) How does event admission work? If you're already in the park, can you just stay in the park? If you've been to a different park that day, can you even get into the MK for the event without Park Hoppers? Your ticket to MNSSHP is your admission. We don't go until the event begins. You can't stay if you are already in the park. They wristband you.

(3) After you get your wristband, what happens? You go trick or treating and let the fun begin!

So, on the one hand, I'm excited because this event sounds really fun and I'm hoping being at the event will mean much much shorter ride lines; but, on the other hand, I'm wondering if this a hyped-up event and not worth the considerable cost for our family.
We've never even had time to do any rides other than the Haunted Mansion as we are so busy with the activities. The rides are not primary for us

We had the same questions last year and decided to pay the money and try it. We are very happy we did. :woohoo:
You can get into the park around 4pm even though the event doesn't kick off until 7pm. Come as early as you can to get the most out of it.
There are a ton of characters walking around.
The trick or treats are fabulous! They will dump handfulls of candy into your bag.
Not as many people in the park so it is easy to get on the rides.
The parade is fantastic! And, the fireworks even better. :-)ssst: Watch the second parade as it is less crowded but just as good as the first. Use that time to go TorT or go on rides)

When we go, we'll have a lazy morning and sleep in. Maybe nap in the afternoon if we're up early. Go swimming and have a leisurely lunch. Walk the grounds and so on...

Then we'll go over to MK about 5:00 p.m. or so and start walking around. It's actually quite nice 'later' when it sort of clears out to ride the favorites all by yourself. We're usually close to the last to leave the park when it's closing.

If you're that way inclined, get a second bag for candy. They'll just plonk a handful in each one no questions asked. Also take a backpack for the candy if you're going to use two bags. Empty half of the bag in to the backpack every now and then.

One party that we attended we went overboard on collecting candy. We probably had maybe 'a lot' (20-25 pounds?) of it when we were done. The Southwest baggage people sort of just looked at us and then the candy and then said that our baggage was overweight. At that point we started handing out piles of candy to the SW people and became their best friends for the day. Didn't get charged the overweight either. :)

The only suggestion that I have is to avoid doing another park during the day, unless you absolutely have to because it's such a long day if you do. If you're planning on leaving the park at 8:30, or just after the fireworks, then you're not getting your value for your money... try to stay as late as possible.

Jim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter