Your favorite beachfront hotel on the Central Coast?

taaren

DIS Veteran
I had been planning on Disneyland Paris for a milestone birthday this winter, but that's out for obvious reasons. Thinking I'd like to relax at a room on the beach and stare at the ocean and be able to just watch the waves for that weekend instead since staying close to home is likely to be necessary.

So, what is your favorite on-the-beach, walk-to-the-water with no roads in between you and the ocean property? Prefer mid-to upper-mid range pricing, between Pismo and Santa Cruz. Have you stayed someplace that felt remote and luxurious? I'll start hunting around on websites for some of my favorite beach towns (Carmel-by-the-Sea, etc), but thought some of my fellow DISsers might have some places they thought were great that I've never seen. TIA.

You really can't miss in Cambria. I spent a bunch of time surfing there when I was going to college. There are a bunch along Moonstone Beach Drive and they are all nice. It's very close to Hearst Castle and a great jumping-off point for the drive up PCH if that is your plan.

I know this is asking for on-beach property, but Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur is one of those places worth looking at for big milestone trips. It's not on the beach, but it's perched overlooking the ocean. The property is absolutely stunning.

https://www.postranchinn.com/
I did a random check for a weekend at the end of August, and rates start at approx. $1275/night and go up from there. If that's not in the cards, they do have a restaurant.

There's the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay. But, personally, I lived on the Central Coast in Monterey area for 16 years and, of course, that area is my favorite. I'd stay in one of the quaint cottages in Carmel by the Sea. A little further out from Carmel by the Sea is Carmel Highlands. There is the Hyatt. It's perched up across the highway with beautiful views. Downside, I always hated driving up there.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions!
I know this is asking for on-beach property, but Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur is one of those places worth looking at for big milestone trips. It's not on the beach, but it's perched overlooking the ocean. The property is absolutely stunning.

https://www.postranchinn.com/
I did a random check for a weekend at the end of August, and rates start at approx. $1275/night and go up from there. If that's not in the cards, they do have a restaurant.
That is a gorgeous property! I will definitely put that on my bucket list for a milestone when I can afford it! (Maybe another decade?)

So far the Hyatt in Carmel by the Sea and the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay have been closest to my price range and luxury wants for this trip.

Avila Lighthouse Suites in Avila Beach. Large rooms, pool, right across the street from the beach and walking distance to restaurants with outdoor dining.

It's sister property, Pismo Lighthouse Suites, is also nice, but you will need to take the stairs down to the rocky Beach. Also a nice Mexican restaurant within walking distance with a good happy hour. Nice views in their Oceanview rooms.

I just realized you mentioned luxurious. Sorry, missed that part! This is more on the mid range and casual. We stayed there a lot when our oldest was at cal poly SLO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!