Your favorite table service restaurant for lunch?

Lilly0704

Earning My Ears
We have the deluxe dining plan for our upcoming trip! I'm curious as to what table service restaurant you guys like for lunch? We would like a few places we could just drop in without a reservation. We are open to all parks and resorts! Thanks!

It's rare to find a TS that you can just drop in on, you can find them available to make same day ADRs for though. We love the outside lounge for HBD at HS. I'm not sure if that qualifies for a TS or not, I know the inside is a signature.

As far as table service our favorites are Tutto Italia, Whispering Canyon, 50s prime time, and BOG (their lunch is CS but still requires an adr). You will need to make reservations as most places are totally booked. As a party of 1 you may have decent luck with walk ups but if you are a party of 3 or more you will need an adr, otherwise you may end up wasting most of those dining credits.

I agree. Very few in park restaurants are a walkup. The Plaza at the MK may be one
I would make ADR's or risk loosing your credits

I guess by walk up I mean same day ADR. I'm not too concerned with potentially losing credits, we've got reservations for everything we wanted, and we are already getting our money's worth out of the plan. I'm mainly curious about the best lunch menus for table service restaraunts.

Table service lunch is great! We have a few favorites that are not ones people think of immediately; Animal Kingdom-Tiffins, Studios-Brown Derby, Epcot-Tokyo Dining (ask to be near windows by World Showcase) and Magic Kingdom-Jungle Navigation/Skippers Canteen. All have interesting menus and nice feel. If you are up for a late lunch/early dinner Flying Fish, first dinner seating could work. Have fun!

Don't plan on walking up anywhere...as it seems it's up to the whim of the staff/low level managers if they feel like doing it.

It's also they don't employ full wait staffs anymore...it's tied to bookings.

Not your fathers disney.

I always recommend San angel inn, brown derby, Sanaa, tutti italia, homecoming (lots of new options at springs), Olivia's, beaches and cream...

I got an ADR for Coral Reef as I was walking towards the restaurant. Same day ADRs are possible.

Same day ADRs would be very strong possibles at Spice Road, Marrakesh, Tokyo Dining & Nine Dragons (Epcot).
Less strong but still possible: Yak & Yeti (AK), Kona (Poly) & Sanaa (Kidani Village).

We like Capt. Grille at YC & Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch . Been able to get an ADR in morning for both. ESPN if it is not a weekend is usually a walk up. You will most likely have less luck in the parks. My suggestion would be to look for the earliest time. Disney Springs also should be easy to get in for lunch.

We love LTT, Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, HBD, and Rainforest Cafe at AK. Some other places we like for dinner I am sure are also good at lunch and they are Chefs,
Le Cellier, Tony's, and 50's PTC.

My favorite lunch is Sanaa, but I also like Liberty Tree, Rose & Crown, Sci-Fi-Fi & Yak & Yeti

Where you will be (park, resort, etc.) on the day you want a TS reservation? We have lunch reservations at Teppan Edo, 50's Primetime and Tiffins to correspond with the park we will be in that day.
I am going to try for a same day ADR at Skipper Canteeen because the menu seems fun. That was not my original plan when booking ADR's, but this week I got the bright idea that hubs and I will share breakfast at BOG and use the other credit to share a meal at Skipper. (DxDP)

We've gotten same day ADRs at Tiffins (love it!), Kona (ok), Sanaa (very good), Spice Road Table (really good), Hollywood Brown Derby (very good), The Wave (very good) and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting!

It's possible at others that I personally would NOT recommend (e.g. Tony's, Yak & Yeti, etc.).

I think we skewed a little here...

The original question was recommendations for no reservation lunches...

That's not advisable.

Same day will lock you in (not so much if you're not paying cash...), could be limited supply, and the system won't allow you to make them within an hour...I believe...

So that option is limited as well.

For lunch specifically I prefer less expensive, in-park restaurants.

Places like;
The Plaza
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Rose and Crown
Tusker House (I actually prefer the late breakfast, early lunch time here)

On a rest day I have gone to Olivia's and Homecomin' and both were great for that simple, nice lunchtime meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!