Your favorite treat

Raspberry Mickey macaron, hands down! Finally tried one about a year ago and I kicked myself for waiting so long. I don’t even like fresh raspberries but it added a perfect balance to the sweetness of the macaron. I even ate it after it was refrigerated in our hotel room and it still tasted great!

I tried a Matterhorn macaroon once and found it to be so sickeningly sweet (and I love sweets) I couldn’t take more than one bite. I seem to be in the minority in that one though.

I have to get the Mickey face shortbread cookie that is partially covered in chocolate every trip, it has a delightful flavor (almond maybe?) But they may have changed that since my last trip, not sure.

We didn't do a lot of sugary treats when we were there in November, but we did enjoy the creme brulee we had at BB, the Dole Whip by the Tiki Room, and the amazing seasonal cronut we had at Schmoozies in DCA. That thing...holy moly. SO GOOD! We also had a seasonal lemonade when we were at Schmoozies. I wanted to try something from Abominable Snowman but the line was too long. I hear they have mobile ordering though, so I want to stop there next time.

Attachments

• 20181123_105018.jpg
    20181123_105018.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: EmJ
If I could only get one, it would probably be the Dole Whip, simply because I can't find anything close at home. But a very close second choice would be the churrios (I can find churrios at home, but they're not nearly as good).

I've never tried the beignets, but I'm looking forward to trying them this coming trip

We didn't do a lot of sugary treats when we were there in November, but we did enjoy the creme brulee we had at BB, the Dole Whip by the Tiki Room, and the amazing seasonal cronut we had at Schmoozies in DCA. That thing...holy moly. SO GOOD! We also had a seasonal lemonade when we were at Schmoozies. I wanted to try something from Abominable Snowman but the line was too long. I hear they have mobile ordering though, so I want to stop there next time.
I've always been curious about the cronuts at Schmoozies, but they're just so huge! I'll be first in line if they ever do minis.

It is fascinating to read everybody's favourites, and how everybody's tastes are different!

I'm not a marshmallow/candy/chocolate coated/whatever fan. So the tigger tail doesn't appeal to me.

But I am a dole whip gal - actually excited to try it with the rum. It wasn't available like that last time I was in DW.

I'm also a Mickey head ice cream gal. The chocolate coating on the head is so much thicker and better than any from the grocery store.

I had the beinets in DW at French Quarter, so I'm also eager to try them at DL as well.

And because we love the movie, I don't care how much it costs, we will be getting a Cookie Num Num at Jack Jack's!

Currently the pumpkin spice beignets are my must-get! I was so relieved they brought back those instead of butterscotch.

Ghirardelli treats are also always popular with my family.

Okay, by popular vote, the beignet is going on the list! And I actually know what choux pastry is because I've watched a LOT of the Great British Baking Challenge, lol.
Beignets, but I prefer the ones at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (cs) over the ones at the Mint Julep Bar. Every trip we make sure to get RB beignets for breakfast.

Okay, I bumped the Gray Stuff and the Matterhorn Macaroon from my list. The current list is:

Raspberry macaron
Mickey beignets
A visit to the Adorable Snowman
Tigger Tails

I have room for one more, but we might just go for the churros. I’ve heard so much about them! I’ve also heard a lot about the Dole Whip, but I’m pretty sure they sell it at my local zoo, lol. Like a pineapple soft serve ice cream? I never noticed it before coming here, so I don’t know if it’s new or if I just newly saw it, but I did have some and it was good!

Okay, I bumped the Gray Stuff and the Matterhorn Macaroon from my list.

This is all subjective - the macaroon is very sweet, but it’s also not very big. I’m not a huge sweets person (much prefer salty snacks), and I still like it because I love coconut. It really is about your level of preference for coconut more than anything.

I’ve never had a raspberry macaron at DL, but I’m adding that to my list!

My top go to favorites are: churros, dole whips, beignets, and the Pixar Pier parfait at the adorable snowman stand.

Do not underestimate the power of the churro. I don’t eat churros anywhere else except Disneyland- they’re just that good!

Dole Whip for me, too. I don't usually do a lot of sugary stuff, but I'll make a point of getting a Dole Whip pretty much every day we're in DL.

Another vote for the Dole Whip! Trying the Raspberry Macaroon is on my list as well.

The churros really are that good ... I can't eat them anymore since I'm now gluten-free but I STILL remember how wonderful they are! I'd recommend getting one and splitting it, if you feel like you're having a lot of sugar in one day. But, that way, you can taste and enjoy more!

Okay, by popular vote, the beignet is going on the list! And I actually know what choux pastry is because I've watched a LOT of the Great British Baking Challenge, lol.
Do the beignets from Ralph Brennan's in downtown disney not NOS. My personal opinion.
Also, if you are doing a tigger tail, I also suggest doing a cheshire tail. They are basically the same, but have a slight difference in flavor.
Back when they were doing just sprinkles they were the same except for the color, but now they are back to the hard chocolate, tigger has a slight orange flavor and cheshire strawberry.

I would not compare beignets to choux pastry at all. Choux has a completely different texture and taste. Beignets are just a version of a yeast donut. They are soft and fluffy and very flavorful. Choux is hard and airy, but mostly tasteless. It is a conduit for pastry cream. (Novice Pastry Chef talking here)

The ones at Jazz Kitchen are WAY WAY WAY better than the tasteless pillows of air sold in New Orleans Square.

The Gray Stuff is not that good.

Tigger Tails are completey disgusting. Unless you really love just dumping spoonfuls of sugar into your mouth. These things even come standard with tooth pain.

I like the Parfait at the Adorable Snowman stand (lemon dole whip mixed with blue raspberry icee...mmmmm...very good combo!)

The soft serve ice cream sold in DCA (at the Cozy Cone and Adorable Snowman) is some of the best quality soft serve I've ever had. It compares to the frozen custard from a few notable local places I visit. The Adorable Snowman now has Mobile Order too!

The Raspberry Mickey Macaron is a MUST.

The Alien Macaron at Pizza Planet is also VERY good. It has a lemon/blackberry filling.

The Jack Jack cookie num num is pretty great. It pairs nicely with some vanilla soft serve from the aforementioned Snowman stand.

The S'more at Smokejumpers is epic, if you like S'mores.

There is a peanut butter blondie at the Grand Californian GCH Crafstman Grill (QS) that is out of this world. You need like 4 people to eat it, but it's literally heaven sent. It is the size of a small toddler's head.

So, if you haven’t had beignets before, be aware that the Disney ones aren’t real beignets. They’re a perfectly delicious foodstuff in their own right (just had the pumpkin spice ones on Saturday!), but they’re not traditional beignets.

I don’t like the Grey Stuff. It tastes so artificial. The raspberry macaron is absolutely a favorite, probably our favorite non-seasonal treat.
Agree with all of the above. I do really like the Mickey beingnets. Hate the grey stuff. All the macarons at Jolly Holiday are awesome (seasonal or the regular raspberry). Do not like tiger tails (way too sweet and I am not really a fan of white chovolste) but I love the chocolate marshmallow wands. I also love the s’mores squares from Candy Palace and Pooh Corner.

Also, popcorn, churros and Mickey ice cream bars, hand dipped ice cream bars from Clarabelle’s.

Ohhhhhh I almost forgot! Dole Whip!!! Love them!!!

I’ve also heard a lot about the Dole Whip, but I’m pretty sure they sell it at my local zoo, lol. Like a pineapple soft serve ice cream?

I think I’m the only person who feels this way but I don’t get the appeal of the Dole whip. When I found out it was non-dairy I was like “what is this even made of?” I think it has a little pineapple juice but is mostly a franken-dessert of artificial flavors and ingredients. I don’t know why it bothers me so much since I eat all kinds of other junk with no problems. I don’t think you’d regret skipping it.

YES on the chocolate marshmallow wands ! and the raspberry Mickey macarons ! and the Dole Whip !.... and the Matterhorn macaroon !
…. agree with many pps….. big NO on the grey stuff ! wanted to like it but it was really..... ?? tasteless... don't bother.

Chocolate covered pineapple on a stick.
Dole whip or float. Really liked the raspberry dole whip swirl last time.
Gingerbread cookie.
Beignets from Jazz Kitchen express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter