Your go to spot???

butsy113

AKV Owner
My family visits frequently and have our favorite places to eat, but we are wanting something new! The problem is that we are taking a group of people with us, and want them to have great food and experiences. There will be 4 adults (5 for a few days) 2 of which are celebrating their 60th birthdays, 1-16yo, 1- 15yo, and 2-14yo. We tend to favor al a carte rather than buffets, and will be using TiW.

If you could eat at one table service restaurant what would you choose??

We've eaten at several places, but the one place that we go to on every single visit is: 50's Prime time Cafe. Home cooking type food (Great fried chicken dinner). 1950's decor & theme. It's our one go to spot on every visit. Nothing fancy, but we like it. We plan to try "Homecoming" on our next visit at Disney Springs. The menu looks pretty good.

Our go to is Boma at AKL. It's only the buffet I have every wanted to return to. We try to go twice each visit because they rotate two (similar) menus. If you really want to avoid a buffet, I would suggest Sanaa at AKL which is also very good and you can watch the animals while you eat :)

Teppan Edo is the one we always go to. Ohana is another, they give you a lot of food.

Whatever is available at the time. We don't make advance ADRs and like to play restaurant roulette and go with whatever available. We rarely repeat and I can't think of a single place that is a must do.

With a lot of people I would suggest Boma because it's interesting but still has a lot of variety so everyone will be able to find several things they like. It's the one place my teenage son ALWAYS requests. But since you don't care for buffets as much I would probably say Jiko.

If you are not planning on everyone paying for a park admission so you will be eating outside of a park, for us it's Olivia's. We have had relatives from the area visit us while we are there on a couple different occasions and after the first time they asked if we could eat there again. I totally understand all the other suggestions, but for us, it is just so relaxing over there and the food is always good. Olivia's will usually come up in surveys when people ask a similar question such as "hidden gem?".

We just recently tried the Wave in the Contemporary resort. We should have done that a long time ago! It was super yummy and the service was amazing. We had it timed to finish just in time to watch the MK fireworks from the observation deck, but there was bad weather and they moved the fireworks up to keep them from happening during the storm.

Everyone loved their entrees, drinks and desserts!

Happy Planning!

We always have to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast, BOG or Columbia Harbour House for lunch and Ohana and Chefs de France for dinner, otherwise we mix it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter