Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

chocovrdmicears

DIS Veteran
Old Spice Komodo Body wash = smells just like Norway.:laughing: Not like Trolls or Vikings....more like the smell of the gift shop.

Now to be fair..and to prove I am not completely nuts (ok..maybe that ship has sailed :boat:) - I put it in the shower and didn't say anything. My DD9 was taking her shower tonight and said "OMG! This stuff smells just like Norway!!!"... so if you need a *Disney Smell Fix* - check it out. ;)

Here is an un-offical DISNEY SMELL list for those of you needed a WDW fix.

Old Spice Komodo Body Wash - Norway/Laila
Target bathrooms - various WDW bathrooms (clean only) - and Soarin
Citrus Mist air freshner - Soarin
Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Be our guest scene from Philarmagic
Loreal Vive Shampoo in the gold bottle - Florida/WDW smell
Glade Christmas Pine - Soarin
L'Oreal Ever Pure with rosemary and juniper shampoo - GF Lobby
Gardenias - Poly
Yankee Candle- Beachwalk candle -ocean scene from Soarin
Yankee Candle - Sun and San - Yacht Club
Glade Apple Spice Air freshner - floating pie from Philharmagic
Bath and Body Worlds Seaside Escape - BC lobby
Burning leaves/woodburning stove - Flame Tree BBQ (be sure to get a permit please)
Elephant cages and or Band Aids - monorail (do what you will with this one)
D & G Light Blue cologne - Soarin beach scene
Yankee Candle Winter Wonderland - Soarin skier scene - piney, wintery and crisp
Bath and Body Works Tropical Spice - Disney resort TBD
Paula Deen Pecan Pie candle - Main St.
Bath and Body Works Sea Breeze cotton - Norway
Clean and Clear morning burst face wash - Soarin orange.
Aloe and Green Clover - Enviroscent - BC lobby
Lush Cosmetics - Soak and Float solid shampoo - burning Rome scene from Space Ship Earth (for those who want to be smokey)
Fabreeze Lavender & Comfort - BC lobby
Rainkissed Leaves and Dancing Waters from B&BW - scenes from Soarin
Oscare Meyer pre-cooked bacon - AKL (yum! - hehehe)
Ocean mens line from B&BW - Soarin
Targets new candle - Sweet Spun Sugar - candy stores in the World.
Soft Soap - Deep Cleaning Sea Mineral Soap - BLT
Sun Inn Hair lightener - AKL
B&BW Sparkling Icicles - Soarin

will keep updated...! (updates 1/30/13)

No, I don't think you're nuts. I randomly smells things that remind me of Disney. <3 it when that happens! :goodvibes

On another board, someone said they thought it smelled just like Soarin'.
Of course, I ran out and bought some!!!

Okay, I just smelled my Laila, the perfume they sell in the Norway shop and then the Old Spice Komodo. You know, you do have a point. Not identical, but sort of similar!

On another board, someone said they thought it smelled just like Soarin'.
Of course, I ran out and bought some!!!

Okay, I just smelled my Laila, the perfume they sell in the Norway shop and then the Old Spice Komodo. You know, you do have a point. Not identical, but sort of similar!

Well now I feel better! It's always nice when someone confirms your crazy!:rotfl:

That's neat, I'll check it out!

I'd love to find a 'smell-alike' for AKL Jambo House lobby. I can do the wood smoke (fireplace) but I can't replicate the main smell - it's an amazing clean smell, without being over-the-top chemical like most cleaners and air fresheners. I wish they would can it and sell it in the gift shop!

At this point in the winter, I'd even settle for Splash Mountain water smell. :rotfl:

Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!

That's neat, I'll check it out!

I'd love to find a 'smell-alike' for AKL Jambo House lobby. I can do the wood smoke (fireplace) but I can't replicate the main smell - it's an amazing clean smell, without being over-the-top chemical like most cleaners and air fresheners. I wish they would can it and sell it in the gift shop!

At this point in the winter, I'd even settle for Splash Mountain water smell. :rotfl:

Not that I wish this one on you..but last Spring our basement flooded when the 10 feet of snow that we got melted..and our kids (bless them) said.."Hey! It smells like Splash Mountain down there!" - not sure that is a good thing.;)

......I'd love to find a 'smell-alike' for AKL Jambo House lobby.....

One of my favorite smells ever! I don't know if it's the food smells from Boma mixing with the wood smoke, or what. But, I love it! :cloud9:

Another Disney scent is Citrus Mist air freshener. It smells exactly like the orange groves in Soarin'.

It's funny that there's a "smell" thread today. We ran out of soap today so I dug through the travel bag and found some Disney soap. I know it's not the best stuff out there, but it brought me right back to Riverside! :goodvibes

Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!

Yup..I know..I have noticed that at our Target too. :blush: - I am starting to think I have a problem.

Sometimes that happens to me also.

But usually it is that distinctive musty smell from Pirates.

And even though that isn't the greatest of smells, it does give a longing to smell it for real.:blush:

Cathy

There is a room deodorizer manufacturer called T Cell. They make a citrus scent cartridge that smells a LOT like the orange grove scene in Soarin'.

They stuck these units in the bathrooms of our office building, but used a different scent at first. One day I went in, and it was "HOLY CRAP I'M ON SOARIN'" - it is REALLY strong...

I'm still searching for something close to the Grand Floridian lobby smell. I've read on another thread that it's "aloe and green clover.". bath and Body Works quit carrying their scent of the same name and my DH bought me a soy candle fro Magnolia gifts that was close.

Yup..I know..I have noticed that at our Target too. :blush: - I am starting to think I have a problem.

I third this. Whatever orangey cleaner they use...I always want to ask what it is because just smelling it makes me happy and surprisingly calm. But how do you say "hey, the smell of your bathroom makes me smile, can you tell me what it is?" without REALLY seeming crazy???

Every time we ride Pirates, my daughter says, "it smells like squeezy yogurt!" ;)

I third this. Whatever orangey cleaner they use...I always want to ask what it is because just smelling it makes me happy and surprisingly calm. But how do you say "hey, the smell of your bathroom makes me smile, can you tell me what it is?" without REALLY seeming crazy???

Omg here too! i love the smell of our target restroom. its the same orange smell. wish i knew what they used. it smells like this air freshener they sell at home depot, its like a tub of this waxy material with a green vent top. its supposed to absorb odors. smells pretty close.

B&BW's retired Christmas scent Fresh Evergreen smells exactly like the Yacht Club lobby. I even bought some off eBay when I couldn't get it in the store anymore. :laughing: Scentsy's Festival of Trees is pretty close.

Yankee Candle's Home Sweet Home smells exactly like the Be Our Guest scene in Mickey's Philharmagic! You know, with all the pie and dessert scents. It's fantastic :]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter