Your Help Please

Andy B

DIS Veteran
We are going in August this year and for the first week I was planning on staying in a Villa, however my Neice works for Marriott in this country and on their Friends and Family rate I have the option of a two bedroom appartment in their Royal Palms Resort. This would be about $100 less than a 3 bedroom private Villa with pool.

What would you do.

For further information we are a couple with DS16 and DD10.

After 9th we are then spending 4 nights at cocoa beach and then a week in WL so our first week is for non Disney Orlando activites.

royal palms is one of the timeshares. It is only a 2-bedroom.

so ask about Imperial Palms or Grande Vista they both have 3-bedrooms

the royal palms got some pretty nasty reviews - but I think it has been rehab (not sure).

if you only need a 2-bedroom ask about Cypress Harbour. (much nicer)

the marriott site is having problems - but this should be the resort you are considering
http://www.vacationclub.com/resorts/rp/default.jsp

Thanks Spicycat, I di put it was a two bedroomed Appt in my post. I have looked at the site and Royal Palms is the only one that the Friends and Family rate is being offered at.

is it $100 per night - or $100 for your entire stay?

if a $100 per night I would go with the Marriott.

a $100 for your entire stay - that depends upon you. the Marriott is in marriott world center so has all the benefits of a big resort. and I mean a big resort.

www.marriottworldcenter.com

your home could be with a community hall or something - or it might not.

With the ages of your children, I would ask the question, is the extra $100 worth it? Look at some of the positives between the two options and then think which would work better for you. I have started the list here, but obviously I don't know the details of the two places.

3 bed home
+ extra space / bedrooms
+ private pool

Mariott
+possibily better resort amenities

I personally would go for a home with a private pool because that amenity we use more than anything. It is so nice to leave your pool toys etc by the pool rather than having to drag them back and forth every time. We also like to sit and eat by the pool in the evenings. Makes me want to be in FL now, but only 1 month to go...

-Kay

is it $100 per night - or $100 for your entire stay?

if a $100 per night I would go with the Marriott.

a $100 for your entire stay - that depends upon you. the Marriott is in marriott world center so has all the benefits of a big resort. and I mean a big resort.

www.marriottworldcenter.com

your home could be with a community hall or something - or it might not.

The location of the Marriott World Center is great and has a great pool. It's very close to Downtown Disney (which we always enjoy) and has a great location. There are lots of great restaurants at DD and in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. It's very close to a Wal-Mart Supercenter (groceries, etc.).

OTOH, with the house you would have more room.

We have been to the Marriott World Centre at Christmas 2003 when My Neice's husband was the manager of the Restaurant in the complex, my DW and children played in the pool and I played golf. We have stayed in a couple of similar units at Hilton Head Island.

well then you know all its benefits.

weight that against more room and the benefits that renting a house would be.

with a teen I would more entertainment than a house could provide.

now the 10 year would be fine at either.

you know your kids and which they, as well as you, would like better.

good luck!pixiedust: :thumbsup2 ::yes::

one more benefit of Marriott - the pool - it is nice and will probably have lots of teenage girls there.:beach: so your teenage son will have something to look at and maybe not be complainting.

but I really think you want the house. go with what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter