your hotel opinion please!

thebigkahuna

DIS Veteran
For a romantic weekend - which hotel do you recommend?

Tell me about which hotel you like best & what romantic things you do while there :love::lovestruc ~ TIA!!

Ok, I'll bite -- I've never stayed at HRH, so I can't comment on that one...

We love the RPR, my dh and I recently stayed there for a few days after marathon weekend at WDW. We found the elephant courtyard to be romantic at night, as well as the boatride to CityWalk. We also liked walking to CityWalk, the path meanders and it ends at Margaritaville, sure to spur some relaxation. A meal at Emeril's would also be quite romantic.

We had ds with us when we stayed at PBH, but the villa pool, and particularly the "baths" area could inspire romance. You can also walk around the lake, share a pizza, enjoy some delicious gelato, and have a more upscale meal at Bice...we sat out on our patio overlooking the villa pool at night, and we found that very relaxing. I didn't try the spa, but I'm sure there are some treatments that could pamper...

For us, the romance is just in being together, so I guess I don't have much to share...

Maria :upsidedow

thanks! I'm trying to narrow it down, and just can't make up my mind!
I agree that the romance is being together, but sometimes the surroundings dont hurt!! ;)

I would go based on the vibe of the hotel and what makes you the most comfortable --

HRH -- is modern and slightly edgy
PBH -- is more refined and classic
RPR -- is a south sea paradise

We are most likely to relax at RPR, so that's our favorite. We enjoyed PBH very much, but it just wasn't "right" for us to fully relax. Everyone is different, go with your instinct for what makes you happy!

Maria :upsidedow

While RPR is our fav resort, for a romantic time together , i would say PBH, and the villa pool is lovely just to relax and do nothing,

I have never, ever been to Universal alone with DH - we always seem to have a truckload of kids with us. But, if I were, definitely stay away from Hard Rock - noisey, boisterous, loud, too many kids, you name it. Definitely NOT relaxing. Portofino would be my choice.

I have never, ever been to Universal alone with DH - we always seem to have a truckload of kids with us. But, if I were, definitely stay away from Hard Rock - noisey, boisterous, loud, too many kids, you name it. Definitely NOT relaxing. Portofino would be my choice.

wow, lots of kids at Hard Rock? I didnt think there would be...thought maybe it would be to noisy for kids - I was thinking that for a young couple this might be a good choice.....although right now, I'm leaning towards the Portofino...it looks lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter