Your Opinons Please

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
Hi, posting from the UK, we are DVC members, and looking towards next June's vacation.

Which is the best resort, VWL, BV, SSR.

Looking to stay at 11 nights at either VWL OR BV, and 10 nights at SSR.

Cheers

:cheer2: :cheer2: princess: princess: :cheer2: :cheer2: princess:

That's a very loaded question and one of personnal taste. It's all in which theming you prefer and which location and of course availibility and booking windows.

All DVC's are wonderful but you'll have to narrow down which aspects are most important to you. Which is your home resort? Are the resorts you want for that time available for the size villa you're looking for? Do you want to walk to park or like the AC theming? BWV would be the choice...have small children and a need to be near MK or like the woodsy lodge theming? VWL....Enjoy the nightlife of DTD and the resturant choices it gives or the upstate NY theming? SSR....as you can see alot of variables:scratchin

You cannot go wrong with any DVC but you'll get alot of opinions on "which is the best" according to everyone and their favorites....my favorites for instance are OKW and BCV's...;)

BEST of luck and pixie dust *~*~*~*~*~:wave:

If you have small kids, I would say VWL because of it's close proximity to MK. If they are older maybe BWV becauses of MGM and Epcot being within walking distance. No kids at all, SSR because of the spa, golf course and restaurants at DTD and PI. I have stayed at BWV and SSR and WL (not the villas). Each one is a very different experience. They are all great! You can't go wrong. My fave, SSR with or without the kids.

As others have indicated, none of the resorts are "better" than another one. But one might fit your needs a little better than the others.

Any children coming? How many and what ages? Is swimming a priority? Do you plan to stay around the villa or are you morning-til-closing park commandos? Is theming of a resort important to you? If so, what kind of themes do you prefer?

Since there is no "best" DVC resort, it's difficult to answer your question without a lot more info.

Good luck...as has been pointed out, you cannot go wrong with any of them! :)

Yes going with children DD 4years and DH 45years, we hit the parks early and leave mid day, and we return back to the parks later in the evening for our PS.

Swimming is a big part for DD, so a kids pool or splash area is a must.

Thanks for your input

Princess Jackson

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

"Best" is pretty subjective, but since you asked, the BoardWalk Villas are the best IMHO. :sunny:

To be honest, ANY of them will fill your needs nicely. Perhaps you might want to base your decision on where you will spend most of your time. If you think you will likely be at the Magic Kingdom more than the other parks, then VWL would be best for you. If you think you will likely spend more time at Epcot, then BCV would be the choice. If you will be spending time in all parks equally, then it really doesn't matter which resort. All have pools, kiddie play areas, slides etc. The only difference is the themeing and location, and in the case of OKW, the size of the villas.

princess jackson said:
Yes going with children DD 4years and DH 45years, we hit the parks early and leave mid day, and we return back to the parks later in the evening for our PS.

Swimming is a big part for DD, so a kids pool or splash area is a must.

Thanks for your input

Princess Jackson

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Although being near the MK would be good for you - I've read many many posts about the WL pool being very busy. I dont' have first hand experience on that one.

BWV would be close to two parks instead of just the one.

And SSR is the furthest away.

All are nice resorts - based on what you say about leaving mid day to return to the room - I would say BWV. As it is near two parks and closer to the AK than SSR and WL. If you are spending most of your days at the MK, then I would say WL.

Most of all, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter