your thoughts on which water park

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
Our DGS is 2 1/2 and loves the water. We have hit BB the last few times we were there, and now that he will be joining us we're not sure if we should visit TL instead. Any ideas as to which one is more "toddler friendly"? Thanks for all input.:)

TL's wave pool is rougher. Unless you really want a change, I would stay with BB. We took our DGC to BB twice during our stay earlier this month. They're a bit older, 5, 6 and 7 and really loved BB!

After I posted this I started thinking we may not even have to hit a water park. He is only 2 1/2 after all, and while he loves the water, I doubt if he'll be much into water "rides/attractions" if you know what I mean. We are staying a BLT, and having stayed there before, I know they have the little fountains for kids, and a small slide that he will probably be able to use. I'm not sure what's over at the CR pool, but I'm thinking there has to be something there for him that would be a little change of pace. So BLT just may be his water park for this trip. Can't remember if there's anything exciting kid-wise over at the GF or POLY, but DH and I can scope it out before the baby gets there.

I think all the resorts have something for the little ones.
Personally I prefer TL to BB because of the tropical atmosphere and there is a wonderful area there for small children, I think it's called Katchakiddee Falls or something like that. I know my DGC loved it before graduating to the grownup areas.

I took a newly 3 to both TL and BB. Found BB to be a little better- the small kids' area is more "open" so you are less likely to lose sight of your little one. TL's area did seem to have a little more to it, but I preferred the openness of BB, which comes in very handy if you have more than one child playing there.

We took our 2 year old (turned 2 while we were in Disney) and our 3 year old to BB. They had more fun there than I've seen them have in any other pool/water park. It's so kid friendly and they have great kiddie slides there, plus an inner tube slide that doesn't have the whole in the bottom of the tube so no falling through. We spent most of our time in the kids play area, but also took them on the huge lazy river. They really loved it. Kidani at AKV has a great kiddie splash area, but we didn't get a chance to use it our last trip so I'm not 100% on how good it would be for your little one. I think it would be alright though. Have a wonderful trip!

Kidani at AKV has a great kiddie splash area, but we didn't get a chance to use it our last trip so I'm not 100% on how good it would be for your little one. I think it would be alright though. Have a wonderful trip!
Just remember that you can't pool hop to Kidani. You need to be staying at AKV.

After I posted this I started thinking we may not even have to hit a water park. He is only 2 1/2 after all, and while he loves the water, I doubt if he'll be much into water "rides/attractions" if you know what I mean. We are staying a BLT, and having stayed there before, I know they have the little fountains for kids, and a small slide that he will probably be able to use. I'm not sure what's over at the CR pool, but I'm thinking there has to be something there for him that would be a little change of pace. So BLT just may be his water park for this trip. Can't remember if there's anything exciting kid-wise over at the GF or POLY, but DH and I can scope it out before the baby gets there.

There a nice little water area over at the CR. Flat ground (some kind of maliable material) with water that shoots up out of the ground, etc. My DD3 loved it.

BB has a better little kid area and the better family raft, otherwise we prefer TL for the wave pool, shark reef, and the lazy river.

You are right since he's only 2 1/2 he may get just as much enjoyment if not more at a resort pool. He's probably too little for most of the rides anyway. Save yourself the expense till he's old enough to really participate and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter