Your to do list?

maureen4200040

The last person leaving Disney please lock the doo
Hi all,

I'm looking for things to do with my 12 year old niece at Disney.

What things do you like to include on your to do list when visiting Disney - all ideas and suggestions welcome.

Thanking you in advance:goodvibes

Maureen4200040

Our favourite things at Disney are:

Everything (!) but especially:

At MGM: Fantasmic, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller coaster, Muppets 3d

At Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjiro Safari

At Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Big thunder mountain railroad, Space Mountain, Buzz lightyear (I also have to do Small World but my family hates it!) Spectro magic and fireworks

At Epcot: Test track, mission space, Honey I shrunk the audience, spaceship earth

Also like: Wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, The slides at Blizzard beach, an evening at Downtown Disney - eating at the Rainforest Cafe.

Outside of Disney - we love Islands of adventure - best rides - Spiderman and The Hulk coaster. Our favourite restaurant at Islands is Mythos.

Have a great time!

Maureen, when are you going and where will you be staying? :)

Karen :)

I alway schedule some character meals :) Do you think your niece will like those?

12 can be a difficult age to plan for, you really need to ask her what type of things she likes doing. Some kids that age LOVE roller coasters/thrill rides, and some hate them. Some enjoy the character meals and some think they are the worst thing imaginable. Some kids LOVE the waterparks and some (particularly at that age) are very self concious.

If she's not been before kids of that age can take a little while to warm up. It can take a while for them to lose their aura or where it's just NOT COOL or "adult" to enjoy what they sometimes see as "kids stuff". I would take it slow and not push her too quickly into things. If she likes animals days at AK, SW or BG in the first few days may be a good way to break down some of the barriers to the more obviously themed parks in the area. If she likes thrill rides IOA and Busch Gardens are, IMHO , the parks with the best selection of that genre of attraction.

Hi Miffy2003

Although I'm going in December 04, the trip with my niece won't be until May 2005 - I've planned everything I'm doing for my December trip - so I'm now starting on our May 05 trip.

I'm one of these people who likes to think ahead of time, and I'm always trying to find ways to save money.

Maureen4200040

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter