Your whine of the day...

Bought a tv online right on Cyber Monday after listening to the man whine for about 3 months. Walmart said the delivery date would be Dec, 4th. On the fourth they changed the delivery date to somewhere between the 5th and the 7th. On the 7th they changed the delivery date to the 8th. Today it was changed to the 9th.
Despise them much.

Everyday of the non delivery I've had to listen to the man say one of at least some of this:
"Why couldn't we buy it at Best Buy?. It would be here already?!?"
"Did you call Verizon to set up the TV?". "No, we can set it up ourselves (understand, I'm a technodope and he is a techno dinosaur but err plug and play is definitely in my skills set, LOL)".

On the other side what with living in my mother's apt with alllllllll her furnishings and most of her clothing still here (she's gonna move back in as soon as her medicos feel it's fine for a 94 y/o woman to live alone again. Uh huh. Sure. Yeah. Independent little old ladies can drive you up a wall at times) she refuses to either move her gigonda 90's era blurry screen TV to her current digs or allow me to move it out of the media center since it has "sentimental" value.
I'm officially weary:rolleyes1

Earlier this week the weather forecast teased that we might get a light dusting of snow. Then as the week progressed the outlook became less and less. No snow for us. But about an hour or so south of us in Mississippi they got a light dusting. I want snow!!!!!! I miss living in snowier climates.

The grocery store was so busy that we had to park as far out as possible, even though my dad has a handicapped tag on his car. None of those spots were open, which is always a huge issue at this Meijer. And a couple of weeks ago they took out all the you-scan lanes for large orders. We always used them, I would scan and dad would bag. Now we have to wait in line for a cashier.

Some of y'all have legitimate complaints. Whines are supposed to be petty. :rolleyes:

I've been driving my husband nuts, so maybe it will help to just type it all out. I spent the week after Thanksgiving sewing advent calendars for my two older kids. I worked for hours cutting out all the little numbers, sewing borders, making 48 tiny ornaments out of Sculpey, etc. I finished a little late for the start of Advent, but I mailed them Priority on Monday. Generally, I can mail a package to my daughter and have it arrive on her doorstep the next day. For my son, it usually takes two days. Even with the holidays, I figured that they'd be there by Thursday at the latest. They still haven't arrived!!! My son's traveled west first and arrived in Rochester the same night I mailed it (that's typical for mail to him...west and then back east). It finally made it to Albany which is closer to where he lives today, but it still has to get to their local post office and then go out for delivery. My daughter's (mailed at the exact same time with the same method) showed up in Rochester early yesterday morning. It still needs to get to Buffalo, but it isn't showing any more movement. I know that they are going to be able to use these for years, that they can "catch up" on the days, and that I was late to start with, but now we've missed the first 1/3 of the days. It's petty, but I'm frustrated and whiny about it.

You can't go out because it's snowing? I don't get it.
Depends on where he/she lives. If it’s in the deep south like us things shut down & they want you off the roads. They can’t prepare the roads here as quickly as they can in areas where it knows a lot b/c they don’t have the equipment or whatever. Plus ppl here don’t have snow tires or any of that. Last time it snowed here was 2008.

I am a teacher and generally our Christmas break is a full two weeks - we go to school through a Friday and then we go back on Monday two weeks later. This year, we are getting shorted by 3 days. We go to school through Tuesday the 19th and we go back on the 2nd. So, we are only off 9 week days and we are shorted a weekend attached.
We are leaving on a car trip from Wisconsin to NH to NYC. We are leaving on Tuesday the 19th and we will be back Jan. 2. My perspective. - I feel like I am gone a solid 2 weeks. My work is going to hate me, since no one can be there except my boss and he is usually the one that disappears over the holidays.

I live on the gulf coast. And it freaking snowed this morning.

And if that wasn't bad enough (seriously, snow is only fun for 15 min.), I dropped my just paid off iPhone in the snow and it cracked the screen. It never cracked the hundreds of times it's hit the ground in the past, but today, split city.

I didn't have a whine yesterday morning, but I definitely found one on the way home from school - drivers not moving over for emergency vehicles!! (Maybe that's not a whine, but a legitimate complaint? - I was "grumping" about it in the car, though.) Here we all were, pulled over like we were supposed to, staring at this one clueless car tooling along oblivious to two fire trucks.

A big hug to everyone with real stuff going on, and a magic weather wand to everyone who wants snow and doesn't have it or has snow and doesn't want it! :wizard:

Last edited:
I need to take a shower and get dressed to make a return at Target. But I want to stay in my pj’s, sit on the couch, and watch Curse of Oak Island. You can’t make me get dressed!

One of my dearest friends was attacked last night at her home out in the country. She called me at like 3am. I was asleep. I wish I had been up and could have gone out to help her with the police report and to stay the night. I haven't heard from her yet...

that's awful, I'm so sorry :( I hope she is ok

that's awful, I'm so sorry :( I hope she is ok

She is. Thank you. I was just kicking myself for not taking her call after the police got to her house. I could have gone over to her place. I was asleep though which I guess is reasonable.

Not a flake of snow here, but I got notice that my freight carrier closed their terminal in Hattiesburg, MS today due to severe Winter weather. That's only an hour's drive from the Gulf of Mexico LOL

Yes. Hattiesburg is where my son was yesterday for his wife's graduation. I live along the Gulf of Mexico an hour south. We did get snow late yesterday afternoon of about half an inch.

My younger son and daughter had a good time with a mini snowball fight and making a family of 5 inch Snowmen from the snow on the cars.

My whine of the day is my mammogram required a call back. That news bummed me out and put a damper on my enjoyment of the snow. So now I go for an ultrasound on 12/22 for another look.

They saw a round mass of 1.8 cm. I hope it's a cyst or tissue. Fingers crossed.

My husband bought me yet another kitchen gadget I don't want, have no room to store and will never use. And he didn't even wait for Christmas. He grabbed my son's coat, wrapped it around the gadget and threw it on my lap this morning. "Here you go."

I didn't have a whine yesterday morning, but I definitely found one on the way home from school - drivers not moving over for emergency vehicles!! (Maybe that's not a whine, but a legitimate complaint? - I was "grumping" about it in the car, though.) Here we all were, pulled over like we were supposed to, staring at this one clueless car tooling along oblivious to two fire trucks.

A big hug to everyone with real stuff going on, and a magic weather wand to everyone who wants snow and doesn't have it or has snow and doesn't want it! :wizard:

To piggy back on your whine, I drive thru school zones on my way to and from work. When the lights on the sign are flashing, the speed limit drops to 25mph. Sooooo many people don't slow down!

I've been driving my husband nuts, so maybe it will help to just type it all out. I spent the week after Thanksgiving sewing advent calendars for my two older kids. I worked for hours cutting out all the little numbers, sewing borders, making 48 tiny ornaments out of Sculpey, etc. I finished a little late for the start of Advent, but I mailed them Priority on Monday. Generally, I can mail a package to my daughter and have it arrive on her doorstep the next day. For my son, it usually takes two days. Even with the holidays, I figured that they'd be there by Thursday at the latest. They still haven't arrived!!! My son's traveled west first and arrived in Rochester the same night I mailed it (that's typical for mail to him...west and then back east). It finally made it to Albany which is closer to where he lives today, but it still has to get to their local post office and then go out for delivery. My daughter's (mailed at the exact same time with the same method) showed up in Rochester early yesterday morning. It still needs to get to Buffalo, but it isn't showing any more movement. I know that they are going to be able to use these for years, that they can "catch up" on the days, and that I was late to start with, but now we've missed the first 1/3 of the days. It's petty, but I'm frustrated and whiny about it.

I have had the worst trouble with getting packages I've ordered lately too. The special hangers I ordered were lost in transit. I ordered a wallet for my dh November 13 for his November 30th birthday. It still hasn't arrived. i just learned that the blanket I ordered at the beginning of the month for a Christmas gift may not arrive in time.

My whine of the day... The young woman who rear-ended my car yesterday while texting with one hand and somehow eating a Chipotle burrito in the other hand. I was also afraid that once I saw that she was driving a pretty beat up 2004 Neon, she wouldn't have auto insurance. Sure enough, she didn't. Now I have to pay the $500 deductible on my car to get it fixed and hope to recover it later. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter