Yourride and car seats for 2yo & 4yo?

lalasmomallie

Earning My Ears
We are planning on taking our first family trip to WDW in March and I have done a lot of research on almost every aspect of this trip to make it a truly magical experience for our 2yo and 4yo girls. I have been blown away with the positive response of everyone regarding the use of Yourride for transportation! I would love to book a reservation with them but I would like to hear from anyone who has used them with small children. We will not be lugging around our car seats from home and would love to hear about car/booster seats used through Yourride. We once had a terrible experience with a car rental service that assured us that we would be provided with a clean and safe car seat for our child. The seat we received was probably over 10 years old and was crusted over with unrecognizeable stains and old food, and I won't even begin to tell you about the smell. Needless to say, we had to wait while dh went out and bought a new car seat at WalMart and I'd like to avoid a future similar situation. Thanks for any help!!!:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsgirl:

We have not used Yourride, but we did use Happy Limo. We were very happy with their carseats. We even had a brand new one the last time we used them. If you don't get a response about Yourride this would be a safe alternative. We also used a different service and had a similar bad experience with their carseats. I would recommend that no matter who you use that you specify that your 2 year-old needs a carseat not a booster seat. We had a company show up with one of those small squares that the child sits on and my DD was only 2 weighing 25 lbs no where near big enough for this seat. It was a long wait before someone showed up with a carseat that she could sit in.

You should probably bring your car seat from home for your daughter to sit in on the plane. No way the plane's seat belt will hold her in if there's turbulence, plus kids seem to be happier flying when in their familiar car seat.

Anne

Thanks for the advice but I'm still looking for anyone who has specifically used Yourride and their carseats. I'd love to hear of anyone's experiences.

Also, what does everyone do for shuttles. Do you need to specifically ask for a car seat or inform the shuttle service that you will be traveling with small kids? We are staying off site at the Holiday Inn Suites and was wondering about the shuttles to and from the parks. Thanks!:wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave:

We used Youride for our trip in December. We used our carseat on the plane for the 1yr old but needed one for the 4yr old in the car. I just noted that we needed a carseat when I made the reservation. The driver had one in the back of the van when he met us. It was clean and in good shape. He put it in the van and helped adjust all the straps. I reminded him that we would need one for the return trip to the airport. The return trip was just as easy. We stayed on site so I can not help you with the other question

Originally posted by lalasmomallie
Thanks for the advice but I'm still looking for anyone who has specifically used Yourride and their carseats. I'd love to hear of anyone's experiences.

Also, what does everyone do for shuttles. Do you need to specifically ask for a car seat or inform the shuttle service that you will be traveling with small kids? We are staying off site at the Holiday Inn Suites and was wondering about the shuttles to and from the parks. Thanks!:wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave:

The hotel shuttles generally do not provide car seats. They are classified like cabs are, so the passengers do not legally need to be in one. I've never heard of a hotel shuttle offereing one. Best bet is to call yourself. I know the Mears shuttles from the airports don't have them either.

Anne

Another vote for bringing your own.
I think there is a fair amount of "contracting out" on YourRide which means you cannot verify the particular company that delivers you will have a carseat.
We had reservations in Nov. and specifically requested a car seat. When we arrived YourRide had another company's van and driver to take us. They had not been told (or so they said) that we required a carseat so they did not have one. We thought we were OK when I saw a YourRide driver next to us while we were loading. I grabbed that driver and took the carseat out of his car. Thankfully that family did not need the only car seat they had.
It was a strange carseat, I definitely had never seen one like that and unfortunately neither had our driver. He could not figure it out and neither could we. Mind you all of this is going on while there was a huge bus trying to pull in where we were. I finally said "never mind" and buckled my 3 YO in double and off we went. The driver knew I was not happy and said he would drive very carefully. Didn't happen.
BRING YOUR OWN CARSEAT!!! Don't take a chance.

We used Yourride in December. Had a nice car, the driver was very professional, booster was there for our 4 year old. Everything was fine on the way to WDW. On the way back, however the driver didn't bring the booster! We were short on time so gritted our teeth and went anyway. IF you bring your own you are assured of a familiar, safe ride for your child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter