YTZ airport and transportation

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
Hello i am going to fly out this airport for the first time, some questions:

1.I heard some car rental companies, if i rent car for a 1 day and get to downtown car rental location, they offer free shuttle directly airport, you ever tried that?

2 Which taxi company is the cheapest (reliable ) to take you to downtown ferry terminal ? I live in York Region.

3. I have two small kids and distance may be bothering, how long is the walking distance from taxi dropoff to the ferry terminal

Thanks
TC

The drop off point at the terminal isnt very big. And the ferry is one of the world’s shortest ferry rides (121 metres) to and from the foot of Bathurst. There’s a ferry every 15 minutes.

Not sure about taxi's thou. Have you considered the TTC? That would be cheapest.

The responses from the last time you asked this question are still valid:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ytz-airport-how-was-it.3343507/#post-52504579

I'm not sure what you are asking about car rentals. Are you planning on renting one from near you, driving it downtown (doing a one-way rental to drop off at a downtown location) and taking a car rental shuttle to the airport? I know that there are one or two car rental places at YTZ (I think one might be Hertz, but I'm not sure). If that is the plan, I would think that a taxi would be roughly the same price (and a lot easier!)

Due to the construction, things keep moving around, but the shuttle and taxis drop off very close to the land-side terminal.

With the construction, don't bother. Honestly. You'll be ready to commit murder before you even get close to the airport, whether you cab it or use a rental car. The directions and signage in the area alone is enough to confuse the living daylights out of us downtowners, and I would hate for you to start your vacation in an unhappy place.

Take Go or the TTC to Union. All you need to do is walk out of Union, cross York on the south side of street and wait by the Starbucks to catch the free shuttle to the island airport. It's 15-minutes of stress-less travel..

Here's the link:

http://www.portstoronto.com/Airport/Getting-To/Airport-Shuttle.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter