Yudu DISigns

WDW Enabler

Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE
I do not know if there is a desire on the boards for Yudu Screen printing designs.

I adapted Bayou Mickeys Dead mice have no tales patern for the Yudu.

Note for anyone using the Yudu, make sure there not alot of very thin lines or the screen will not turn out.

I am willing to work on more Yudu DISigns if they are wanted by people in the group.

WDW Enabler
Mike

How is that to work with? I just read about one recently and love the idea. (I have done traditional screen printing and it's such a pain)

Could you post a picture of your design? I'd love to see it! :cutie:

How is that to work with? I just read about one recently and love the idea. (I have done traditional screen printing and it's such a pain)

Could you post a picture of your design? I'd love to see it! :cutie:

The Yudu is a fairly sailor proof machine. Simple 1 station screen printing machine. The instructions and video that come with it are poor, but a little experience and trial and error goes a long way.

The 50% off coupons at michael's does not apply to the machine its self but it does to all the accessories. So we use the coupons for the emulsion sheet and paints.

I will post a picture of the screen design and a finished product after my dinner settles (and my butt faint goes away)

Mike

YuduDeadmicecopy.jpg

this is the pattern I used to expose my screen. I printed it onto a transparency sheet and place under the screen for exposure.

DSC00225.jpg

This is the finished screen. As you can tell this screen has been used for multiple projects in the past year.

DSC00226.jpg

This is 2 of the finished products. I used Gunmetal Yudu paint. Has a bit of glitter in it that gives it just a bit of sparkle.

Hope this helps

Mike

Oh I LOVE that! And the prints look perfect! :cutie:

I've heard the instructions and dvd are just horrible...so I was hesitant to spend all that and fail.

Have you ever tried to make your own screens, or is that impossible with this? (I make my own screens and frames all the time so I don't have to destroy the ones I have)

Have you ever done regular frame screenprinting? I'm just wondering if you think it's worth it to get this if I have everything for that already. (This seems like much less mess, and possibly takes less space?)

Thanks so much for posting this! Honestly, I was just thinking about getting one the other day... :goodvibes

Oh I LOVE that! And the prints look perfect! :cutie:

I've heard the instructions and dvd are just horrible...so I was hesitant to spend all that and fail.

Have you ever tried to make your own screens, or is that impossible with this? (I make my own screens and frames all the time so I don't have to destroy the ones I have)

Have you ever done regular frame screenprinting? I'm just wondering if you think it's worth it to get this if I have everything for that already. (This seems like much less mess, and possibly takes less space?)

Thanks so much for posting this! Honestly, I was just thinking about getting one the other day... :goodvibes

I have done screen printing previously ( an 4 station machine).

This is a very clean and simple machine. You can not make you own screens. You can purchase additional screens for $28, or if you use the michael's 50% off coupoun it is under $14 for a new screen.

DW if picking up a new scrren on her way home from work tonight and some emulsion sheets so I can work on the sailor rules for drinking around the world at EPCOT.

Darn! (That you can't make your own screens)

But it's still really tempting... :rolleyes1

I hope you show your new design! I've never done Disney designs with screens, but this board is a huge inspiration! (I may have to borrow the dead mice some day if you and Bayou Mickey wouldn't be offended! - My son is 13 and anything creepy is absolutely perfect!) :laughing:

Good Luck to you guys on your Epcot piece!!

(ETA: My DH is a Navy man as well...I've finally got him coming around and understanding that Disney is an absolute necessity!) LOL!

Darn! (That you can't make your own screens)

But it's still really tempting... :rolleyes1

I hope you show your new design! I've never done Disney designs with screens, but this board is a huge inspiration! (I may have to borrow the dead mice some day if you and Bayou Mickey wouldn't be offended! - My son is 13 and anything creepy is absolutely perfect!) :laughing:

Good Luck to you guys on your Epcot piece!!

(ETA: My DH is a Navy man as well...I've finally got him coming around and understanding that Disney is an absolute necessity!) LOL!

WDWEnabler and Robin,

While I do not own a yudu, I have demo'd this machine and would like to own one!

This was launched as a home silk-screening system for those with no previous experience. And, while first reading the directions it seems complicated to the unexperienced, IMHO nothing is really hard, it is just alot of steps. But not necessarily a lot of steps compared to a commercial system where you need to stretch your own screens, etc, just seems like a lot if you've never done this before.

Just wanted to let you know that while the training DVD is horrendous, there is a link on the yudu site to a very good training video.

There is also an unofficial forum out there, with lots of tips and tricks. Some of the users are first time users, and some are experienced silk screeners. While no one has yet figured out how to build their own screen form to fit the machine, there is plenty of discussion on alternate inks and emulsion films (or liquid emulsion and coating screens yourself) as well as a type of hardware bracket to keep the hinges from popping out and moving the screen just enough to lose registration on multi-color designs. Wealth of information!!!

I would definitely be interested in more yudu friendly designs, and will check back often, or let you know if I have any good design ideas!!

GoofyWalker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter