Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

No Mads When We’re at Nomads

After a late night partying with the Uno and Table Cloth crowd we slept in the next morning before heading to my mostest favoritst park: Animal Kingdom!!!

There we experienced a dinosaur nightmare

Before encountering my real idea of a nightmare: Shopping!
After feeling the need to touch or play with everything in the store.

Casey finally picked up this amazing item for the low, low price of $9.99. She may be an 8 year old from Virginia but inside she has the soul of a Japanese Harajuku! God help my wallet if we ever go to Tokyo Disney.

Hungry for some actual food we went with the Disney breakfast of champions, Ice Cream.

Meet the small and dainty Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich from DinoBites.

This is two sugar cookies filled with Strawberry Ice Cream and rolled in strawberry and vanilla cake crumbs. The ice cream was pretty hard, and would have been much easier to eat with soft serve, so we ended up just eating it with spoons but it hit the proverbial 11 am spot.

As we ate Casey saw a couple of lonely ducks with no friends so she felt compelled to try and cheer them up.

Onward and upward we headed to meet the Mickey Mouse of Asia. Yes ladies and gentleman the man in line in front of us was trying to pacify his scared son by telling him the Yeti was really like the Mickey Mouse of Asia.

Clearly that was the case.

Two rides and a meet and greet in the books it was clearly time for some adult fun and our most cherished place in all of Disney World, Pizzafari.

I kid, I kid. To the surprise of no one its Nomads Lounge. Thankfully it wasn’t crowded at all and it felt like old times when this was our secret place and I hadn’t blabbed all over the internet about how amazing it is.

Speaking of old times we all got what has become our signature drinks.

Lilly Gorill-ie for my monkey of a girl

Tempting Tigress for my frisky man

And an Anapurna Zing for to put some zing in my sing.

Or really just cause I like gin

Needing some carbohydrates to soak up our alkeyhol and sprite we got our absolute favorite item here and one of the best things on property the Gobi Manchurian.

This is from the Tiffins “enchancements” menu (you can order from it or Tiffins appetizers in the lounge) and is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion. Sounds simple but it is tender cauliflower fried to crispy perfection in a spicy Asian style sauce. It's Casey tested and Casey approved!

We also went with the Smoked Pork Ribs with Sweet Soy Glaze and Apple-Jicama Slaw for my girl who never met a rib she wouldn’t eat.

This batch was slightly dry but had a wonderful char on them and a slightly sweet sauce with just a hint of heat.

Up next we have the Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, Fries, Crispy Onions, and Black Truffle Salt .

We order this just about every trip and while I still have yet to detect the truffle flavor they say is in here, but fries covered in gravy, onion rings and cheese is still always dang good.

And last and sadly least we tried the Beef Sliders with Tomato-Pear Jam and Yucca Fries.

For $16 we only got 2 of these and sadly they were very overcooked. We did like the yucca fries but they needed some of the yummy mayo sauce we get at home with yucca.

Somewhere along the way Jason also ordered an old elephant beer, because when a beer matches your shirt it’s a must.

As usual we were quite pleased with our trip to Nomad’s Lounge. It’s the perfect place to unwind from the park, grab some amazing drinks, and nosh on some unique food choices. And with our tables in wonderland card we saved $19.70. Even with the no-truffle truffle fries and overcooked sliders, the most perfect place on Disney property will always have 5 forky’s given.

Bellies and livers happy we made our way over to Pandora where Casey got her inner Na’vi on

Then promptly used the queue for Flight of Passage to try out for the Na’vi gymnastics team.

We were able to get a 4th FP for the Na’vi senior citizens cruise before a quick photo shoot and heading out for the afternoon.

Up next what the forky happened to a favorite?

Dear God that was one teeny tiny ice-cream cookie sandwich! I take it you went back for seconds :confused3:rotfl:
You definitely got off to a great start. Your ride photos are class as always. I love that you all join in the act. Wonder what the others on the ride think when they see them? :rotfl2:I never remember where the cameras are until it's too late so my photos are the boring kind or else I'm looking like I might actually melt in the florida heat with my, oh so white it reflects the sun back at the rest of you, Irish skin:laughing:
Nomads looks great. You might even convince me to eat the cauliflower ::yes:: All the food looks delicious and I'd probably think the sliders were cooked to perfection given my love of all things well done as well as all things done well :thumbsup2
Casey looks like she was having a blast between shopping, gymnastics, face-painting and food plus a ride or two its like kid heaven for her. Perfect day so far :goodvibes

Meet the small and dainty Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich from DinoBites.

Omg that sandwich is huge!

Yes ladies and gentleman the man in line in front of us was trying to pacify his scared son by telling him the Yeti was really like the Mickey Mouse of Asia.

I love it :rotfl:

This is from the Tiffins “enchancements” menu (you can order from it or Tiffins appetizers in the lounge) and is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion. Sounds simple but it is tender cauliflower fried to crispy perfection in a spicy Asian style sauce.

That looks good!

I still have yet to detect the truffle flavor they say is in here

I didn't taste any either.

She may be an 8 year old from Virginia but inside she has the soul of a Japanese Harajuku!

No idea what that is, but it's cute ::yes::

It looks yummy!

Yes ladies and gentleman the man in line in front of us was trying to pacify his scared son by telling him the Yeti was really like the Mickey Mouse of Asia.

What?? Poor kid :P

I kid, I kid. To the surprise of no one its Nomads Lounge. Thankfully it wasn’t crowded at all and it felt like old times when this was our secret place and I hadn’t blabbed all over the internet about how amazing it is.

I'm really excited to take Mike here in March :worship:

This is from the Tiffins “enchancements” menu (you can order from it or Tiffins appetizers in the lounge) and is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion. Sounds simple but it is tender cauliflower fried to crispy perfection in a spicy Asian style sauce. It's Casey tested and Casey approved!

And that's what I'm getting. I don't love Asian style sauce, but everything else sounds amazing :goodvibes

Then promptly used the queue for Flight of Passage to try out for the Na’vi gymnastics team.

When in Rome…or the Valley of Mo'ara :-)

Casey finally picked up this amazing item for the low, low price of $9.99. She may be an 8 year old from Virginia but inside she has the soul of a Japanese Harajuku! God help my wallet if we ever go to Tokyo Disney
I know, right?!?! Us too...

Holy Cow that thing is huge!!!

Two rides and a meet and greet in the books it was clearly time for some adult fun and our most cherished place in all of Disney World, Pizzafari.
I mean you had such a great time there last time...

Lilly Gorill-ie for my monkey of a girl

Or really just cause I like gin
We need to try all 3 of these!

And this!

For $16 we only got 2 of these and sadly they were very overcooked. We did like the yucca fries but they needed some of the yummy mayo sauce we get at home with yucca.
I love yucca fries. So good. Skipper Canteen used to have them with the steak when they first opened.

Somewhere along the way Jason also ordered an old elephant beer, because when a beer matches your shirt it’s a must.
I mean it's clearly an adult goal... Shirts and matching drinks....

Nomad is still on my to do list. I am usually traveling solo and for some reason that is holding me back. I will eat in a restaurant solo but feel awkward in the lounge/bar situation. Thinking I just need to get over that and go. It looks so yummy .

As we ate Casey saw a couple of lonely ducks with no friends so she felt compelled to try and cheer them up.
We met Scrooge and Launchpad together in December, too! I thought it was weird they had them together, but was glad not to wait in two seperate lines for sure!

Up next we have the Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, Fries, Crispy Onions, and Black Truffle Salt .
I think that strawberry ice cream cookie for breakfast and this for lunch sounds abso-frickin-lutely amazing!!

We were able to get a 4th FP for the Na’vi senior citizens cruise

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hungry for some actual food we went with the Disney breakfast of champions, Ice Cream.
I approve of this nutritious and delicious choice! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

As usual we were quite pleased with our trip to Nomad’s Lounge. It’s the perfect place to unwind from the park, grab some amazing drinks, and nosh on some unique food choices.
I will go here on my next trip. It's downright ridiculous I haven't yet done so :headache: :sad2:

Oh we tried those sliders in 2019 and said never again! Unflavorful was what we thought.

Drinks look amazing as always! Nomad's is such a gem at Animal Kingdom that was well needed for the parks!

Holy cannoli Batman! That ice cream sandwich was HUGE!

Yum!

Yum!

As usual we were quite pleased with our trip to Nomad’s Lounge.
We were lucky enough to make 2 trips here this past week and I couldn't agree with you more. The drinks and food choices are awesome and it's just a great place to hang out and relax from the craziness of the parks.

My amazing Dad had been checking in on the dog and he seemed to be responding much better to him than the sitter. So before I could say no he’d already packed his bags and moved into our house for the next week. This was the best early birthday present I could have received because not only did I know the dog was in good hands, but we’d be able to finish our Disney trip and still head to Savannah as planned. I was able to cancel the flights I’d purchased the night before with no problem and for the first time truly felt like I was in vacation mode.

Oh this makes me so happy! I know how the story turns out but its still great news in the update!

In what should not come as a surprise to anyone we had dinner at the California Grill. I think this is the one restaurant we go to every trip as it rarely disappoints. And speaking of not disappointing, may I present some semi-tipsy notes which have moments of complete clarity and moments of “Tatats too itiskian.”

YUM! We are yet to try here... its on my ever growing list....

To get our celebration off on the right foot I got their Ancho Rancho Spicy Margarita with Patrón Anejo, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, Fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar.

YUM!

Sadly I was wrong because in a moment of complete and utter clarity “peaches not ripe enough had better from farmers market loved pecans and fried goat cheese really good but ridick small portion and not worth $16.” Score tipsy me!

UGH this sounded so good! This is really disappointing to hear boooo!

These were the winner of the entire night and one of the best items of the trip. And how do I know this? Because “Beef wontons delicious like spicy chili sauce remind of Schumann dumplings too spicy for Casey beef good and tender but oil made with cola is true stand out best Disney dumplings j says best thing ate tonight and he isn’t dump queen like me.” Again such coherence from the Dump Queen. Who am I even?

this sounds really good! happy to hear it lived up to it!

This was the real winner because “best one love lobster and eel sauce complex.” She tipsy shoots and scores!!!

haha! Sounds good as well

I mean when in Disney why not!

I do love some Yuca fries... but overcooked burgers are not my jam

As usual we were quite pleased with our trip to Nomad’s Lounge. It’s the perfect place to unwind from the park, grab some amazing drinks, and nosh on some unique food choices. And with our tables in wonderland card we saved $19.70. Even with the no-truffle truffle fries and overcooked sliders, the most perfect place on Disney property will always have 5 forky’s given.

I really enjoyed Nomads Lounge and Tiffins! all the Forkys given!!!

I love this picture! It looks really good too! I never would have thought of this as a snack but now I want one!

To the surprise of no one its Nomads Lounge. Thankfully it wasn’t crowded at all and it felt like old times when this was our secret place and I hadn’t blabbed all over the internet about how amazing it is.

Funny I've been reading your TR's for a while and all about Nomads lounge but for some reason it just clicked now - I forever thought that these lounge places were for adults...but I'm so excited that they aren't! I think this could be a great alternative to trying to get an ADR somewhere...although when crowds are bad I suspect these lounges get busy too...but hopefully if it's not a real meal time maybe it won't be so bad!

We order this just about every trip and while I still have yet to detect the truffle flavor they say is in here, but fries covered in gravy, onion rings and cheese is still always dang good.

I'd be all over this, I don't love truffles or mushrooms really but poutine...yum!

I cannot believe I'm so far behind :scared: Fear not though my friend, tis your lucky night and I'm HERE :thumbsup2

Being it was the middle of August a California Peach Salad with Fried Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans, Summer Greens, and Roasted Cherry Vinaigrette sounded like it would be perfect .
Wow being not a salad person that sounded good; too bad it sucked
We also shared the Braised Short Rib Wontons with Doenjang Miso-Cola-Onion Sauce, Crispy Garlic-Chili Oil, Radish, and Pickled Lotus Root.
Mmm these sound delicious, glad they were good!
May I present, the World Series of Uno Tournament.
OMG no less funny than the first time I was made aware. But I'm bringing Disney monopoly to our next EPIC trip and every time someone lands on Andy's room we're all going to yell really loud at them "DRINK"!! Because that's what you do in signature restaurants.
And my personal favorite, table cloths as formal wear.
Maybe we'll wear Twister game mats? I mean just to keep to a theme........................
I did NOT order those for the first time in ages on our Nomad Lounge visit last week but instead tried something new that I also loved. Nomad Lounge for the constant win!

The strawberry shortcake cookie looks really difficult to eat. You would need a table and a lot of napkins at a minimum. Were they any actual strawberries in that cookie?

Nomads Lounge looks like a great place for food and drinks. The fried cauliflower looks especially good. :)

IMG_0161.jpeg

Wow. I think you shoulda got 3. Never gonna be enough for all of you!

Omg lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

We also went with the Smoked Pork Ribs with Sweet Soy Glaze and Apple-Jicama Slaw for my girl who never met a rib she wouldn’t eat.

Oo I'm with her.

Sounds delicious also.

I mean it's basically a law.

We were able to get a 4th FP for the Na’vi senior citizens cruise

:rotfl::rotfl:

Dear God that was one teeny tiny ice-cream cookie sandwich! I take it you went back for seconds :confused3:rotfl:
Don't you mean thirds :P

I love that you all join in the act. Wonder what the others on the ride think when they see them? :rotfl2:I never remember where the cameras are until it's too late so my photos are the boring kind or else I'm looking like I might actually melt in the florida heat with my, oh so white it reflects the sun back at the rest of you, Irish skin:laughing:
I would love to be a fly on the wall when some poor unassuming family gets a ride photo with us in it. I used to never know where the cameras are but with this crew I finally had to catch on.

All the food looks delicious and I'd probably think the sliders were cooked to perfection given my love of all things well done as well as all things done well :thumbsup2
For the record "done well" = all the juicy bloodiness a burger can muster 🍔

Omg that sandwich is huge!
It was insane and from what I remember only like $5

I didn't taste any either.
This was our 3rd or 4th time having it and sadly there is never any truffle. But still good!

No idea what that is, but it's cute ::yes::
Some sort of stuffed food item. If it is stuffed or squishy and looks like food Casey wants it.

I'm really excited to take Mike here in March :worship:
I can't wait to see what he thinks. I want all the pictures. Promise I won't get too jealous!

Holy Cow that thing is huge!!!
We couldn't even eat it all.

We need to try all 3 of these!
Everything there is so good, but these drinks are definitely are favorites. We don't even mess around with the others anymore.

I love yucca fries. So good. Skipper Canteen used to have them with the steak when they first opened.
They had them as an appetizer on the kids menu for a while too and we'd always order them. Also suddenly now feeling like we need some for lunch!!!

Nomad is still on my to do list. I am usually traveling solo and for some reason that is holding me back. I will eat in a restaurant solo but feel awkward in the lounge/bar situation. Thinking I just need to get over that and go. It looks so yummy .
Too funny that I am the exact opposite. When I'm traveling by myself I always eat at a bar rather then a table! I feel more comfortable being solo there

We met Scrooge and Launchpad together in December, too! I thought it was weird they had them together, but was glad not to wait in two seperate lines for sure!
A rain shower had come out of no where which is why I think they were meeting together. Perhaps one of them has an uncovered meet and greet area :confused3

I think that strawberry ice cream cookie for breakfast and this for lunch sounds abso-frickin-lutely amazing!!
Dessert for breakfast and booze for lunch! No better way to do it

I will go here on my next trip. It's downright ridiculous I haven't yet done so :headache: :sad2:
Yes you will! We may have to kick you off the dis if you don't!

Oh we tried those sliders in 2019 and said never again! Unflavorful was what we thought.
Why did you not warn me? Clearly you should have known we'd be there and want to try those nasty little burgers :earboy2:

Drinks look amazing as always! Nomad's is such a gem at Animal Kingdom that was well needed for the parks!
It truly is. Wish they had someplace similar at all the parks,

Holy cannoli Batman! That ice cream sandwich was HUGE!
It's an ice cream sandwich not a cannoli Jenny. Catch up :earboy2:

We were lucky enough to make 2 trips here this past week and I couldn't agree with you more. The drinks and food choices are awesome and it's just a great place to hang out and relax from the craziness of the parks.
Still not bitter I missed this at all >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Oh this makes me so happy! I know how the story turns out but its still great news in the update!
It was awesome! Especially since we didn't know that would be the last vacation we had for a while. Beyond happy we were able to get it all in

YUM! We are yet to try here... its on my ever growing list....
Oh you so should. Either dinner or brunch are truly amazing. In fact its so good we aren't going to WDW again until November but I'll probably make an ADR at the 180 mark so we can make sure we get a brunch reservation!

I really enjoyed Nomads Lounge and Tiffins! all the Forkys given!!!

👍
Funny I've been reading your TR's for a while and all about Nomads lounge but for some reason it just clicked now - I forever thought that these lounge places were for adults...but I'm so excited that they aren't! I think this could be a great alternative to trying to get an ADR somewhere...although when crowds are bad I suspect these lounges get busy too...but hopefully if it's not a real meal time maybe it won't be so bad!
Hi stranger!!! Welcome back!

Nomads really is for everyone. Generally there aren't a ton of kids in there, but we've never had an issue bringing Casey there at all.

I'd be all over this, I don't love truffles or mushrooms really but poutine...yum!
I don't do mushrooms either but love me some truffle. That said since the truffle fries have no actual truffle flavor you will be just fine!

Omg Dump queen had me rolling :rotfl2:then the Uno and tablecloth pics were the icing on the cake :laughing:
I mean when are dumps, uno, and tablecloths not the perfect meal :D

I cannot believe I'm so far behind :scared: Fear not though my friend, tis your lucky night and I'm HERE :thumbsup2
Slacker! Its not like you've been doing anything else or anything :P

OMG no less funny than the first time I was made aware. But I'm bringing Disney monopoly to our next EPIC trip and every time someone lands on Andy's room we're all going to yell really loud at them "DRINK"!! Because that's what you do in signature restaurants.
After this trip to CG I'm not sure anyone would even notice

Maybe we'll wear Twister game mats? I mean just to keep to a theme........................
Now that may draw some attention. Especially if we play while still wearing the mats. I can just see where right foot on Ariane's red could lead too :earboy2:

I did NOT order those for the first time in ages on our Nomad Lounge visit last week but instead tried something new that I also loved. Nomad Lounge for the constant win!
Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know....

The strawberry shortcake cookie looks really difficult to eat. You would need a table and a lot of napkins at a minimum. Were they any actual strawberries in that cookie?
No actual strawberries, but you got the difficult to eat part. We sat in the Restaurantasourus covered patio just so we could eat it

Nomads Lounge looks like a great place for food and drinks. The fried cauliflower looks especially good. :)
Great is an understatement. Best place on property in my very humble opinion

Hi Kari. Speaking of snow days, I've had an interesting time over the last couple weeks. On top of starting a new job back in December and working 33 of the last 39 days, I had to get through the blizzard of the century. If you have some time, have a look at these posts I did in "the boys club". The pictures are almost unbelievable.
That is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got 30+ inches 4 years ago but it didn't come that fast. Hopefully that at least got you out of work for a few days!

Just got caught back up. Hope you are still blessed to have Duvall with you. :dogdance:
He's still hanging in there. He'll be the big 12 on Valentines day

Wow. I think you shoulda got 3. Never gonna be enough for all of you!
You are so right! Lesson learned for next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!