Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

We have been so lucky to not only have time with Ariella and her family on a few trips now, but that the girls get along so well. They've actually become texting and face time buddies and have gotten their Disney fix through each other the last few months
Modern day version of penpals :thumbsup2 That's so good that they've managed to form their own epic friendship through yours:thumbsup2
Us too! Disney certainly needs more outdoor dining options as I am happiest outdoors with a drink in my hand. Kinda like right now as I sit on my deck sipping some wine and typing this 🍷
Sounds perfect :goodvibes

OMG! I didn't realize how many things I quoted!!! oops...

Yeah I'm pretty sure you all were right there. My old soul child loves her some Country Bears.
Did I tell you that Morgan practically cried when we were there in May for her birthday? One of the bears basically cornered her on the boardwalk for a hug and she burst into tears!

We haven't spent a night away from the house since that trip and as much as I'm itching for Disney I'm itching to be outside the walls of my house even more. We'll likely at least get to West Virginia, if not Savannah this summer. And as for Disney right now we are still set for late October, but we'll see how we feel about that the closer it gets. And hopefully our DL redo in April for Spring Break again.
That would be nice! I tried looking for an air bnb or something for a mini trip this summer. But anything nice has been booked probably for a long time. I am starting to think about Disney early December 2021, possibly.

Hey Butt Cheek
Before I even read more. (although you know i did) Gwen wants to start a YouTube channel with Casey. She said they could have a whole Hey Butt Cheek segment. I "think" she may have text'd Casey about it already. She keeps talking about having a youtube channel but doesn't want to edit anything.

This was after Disney stopped selling tickets and apparently the very last day Shades was selling them.
Man that was lucky!

My covidphobic husband almost considered going out of the house for the first time in over three months. Almost….So here I sit.
I think the longer you stay inside the harder it to try and venuture out! Andy and I went for lunch last Sautrday and at first it was nerve racking.

I drove myself back to the resort which was super weird as I had never actually driven on Disney property before yet knew exactly where everything was :confused3
Ha! When we had the car rental the day before, we had NO idea where we were going. But it def was weird to be in a car.

I look drunk in this picture! And I believe that was my second drink... Not enough to be drunk.... yet...

Ariella again of course. But also my wonderful friend Ariane changed her travel plans just so we could spend the evening together. And because Ariane was coming down Melinda flew in from Atlanta for a few days too. ♥
I am so glad the star aligned to meet up all of us!

While I do love a good jbyih I think I recall Ariane’s husband Steve picked up the tab (thanks Steve!).
Steve did! I remember getting up to leave and saying to Andy, don't we still have to pay and he told me what the wonderful Steve had done.

But after viewing the Director’s cut all I can say is watch out Academy Awards!!
I know right!!! Amazing footage!

The world better watch out when Casey and Gwen get their movie production company up and running😂. Love that they merrily entertained themselves and enjoyed each other’s company
Sadly, Morgan got bored fast. Not as amused with her little sister and friend and not willing to talk to the adults.

And good news is they expanded the field to 10 films so I think we really have a good chance for best picture. If not best special effects is a clear shoe-in.
HA!!

on a lark a two weeks ago I was able to get military tickets through Shades of Green. This was after Disney stopped selling tickets and apparently the very last day Shades was selling them.

Smart girl! I wish I had gone on a lark that day with you. Now I'm stuck with my mom and Ava not having tickets >:(

And speaking of party, who was I with?

Ariella again of course. But also my wonderful friend Ariane changed her travel plans just so we could spend the evening together. And because Ariane was coming down Melinda flew in from Atlanta for a few days too. ♥

Aw :love:

I am sure that is becuase I was having way too much fun with this crowd.

And again from my good side.

What fun pics! I wish I was there with you guys!

Because Hey Butt Cheek is a cinematic marvel that could only have been born from the minds of Casey and Gwen.

:rotfl2:

I got kicked out of the program a few times. :( But by mid afternoon, I had my three parks, in the order that worked for us: HS / AK / MK. Still hoping my park hoppers are allowed by then so we can go to Epcot in the evenings. I was at work, but had my laptop off to the side, with the pink castle staring at me until the Stitch guy would show up! I actually got in once, and then it kicked me after 2 parks, so I had to start over again to the third one! But, we are good to go now! :yay:
So glad to hear you got what you wanted. Jason ended up booking ours a day off (starting on Saturday vs. Friday) but we just left it for now. I had just gotten base tickets but am certainly hoping parking hoping is allowed by then. Even if they have made it smaller, I'll still want all the food and wine goodness

Modern day version of penpals :thumbsup2 That's so good that they've managed to form their own epic friendship through yours:thumbsup2
Yep! Two peas in a disney pod those two

Did I tell you that Morgan practically cried when we were there in May for her birthday? One of the bears basically cornered her on the boardwalk for a hug and she burst into tears!
No you didn't. Poor thing. Too bad Casey wasn't there she could have run interference for her

That would be nice! I tried looking for an air bnb or something for a mini trip this summer. But anything nice has been booked probably for a long time. I am starting to think about Disney early December 2021, possibly.
2021 seems so far off but who knows what in the heck is going to happen into the world. And if you're looking to get away, there is always DC :D

Before I even read more. (although you know i did) Gwen wants to start a YouTube channel with Casey. She said they could have a whole Hey Butt Cheek segment. I "think" she may have text'd Casey about it already. She keeps talking about having a youtube channel but doesn't want to edit anything.
Casey would be so into that, but editing would have to be a must. When I pulled up their vidoes there are some that are like 10 minutes long and you can just imagine how exciting those are. Heck I edited this one down just to post it on here. I'll have to ask Casey if Gwen said anything.

I think the longer you stay inside the harder it to try and venuture out! Andy and I went for lunch last Sautrday and at first it was nerve racking.
Very, very true. I've suggested a hike today. Jason is currently still mulling it over

I look drunk in this picture! And I believe that was my second drink... Not enough to be drunk.... yet...
Yet is always the operative word

Steve did! I remember getting up to leave and saying to Andy, don't we still have to pay and he told me what the wonderful Steve had done.
He's a good one that Steve. There is a chance they may come down when we are there in October and I'm so hoping for that.

Smart girl! I wish I had gone on a lark that day with you. Now I'm stuck with my mom and Ava not having tickets :(
Ugh I should have mentioned it to you. I was listening to the dis podcast and they said something to the effect that it would be good to make sure you have your ticket linked. Well I didn't have any at all so truly lucked out that Shades came through

What fun pics! I wish I was there with you guys!
Me too :love:

We’d let each of the girls pick a ride for FP’s and first up it was Big Thunder Mountain. No pics of the actual ride but afterwards we were able to all meet up with @Tracy161 again.
Love this picture!
Snacks eaten we met up with Caroline aka @disneyAndi14 and her daughter Andi for reals this time for FP #2 and my favorite ride, Splash Mountain.
So fun to have the log full of the Dis crew!

Eventually we did our last ride of the trip, Jungle Cruise, and after 9 days bid Magic Kingdom farewell. If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment. But in the end I guess it was how it was supposed to be. Snacks, amazing DIS friends, and my crazy crew.
Looks like a perfect day. Even though you didn't know it was your last visit for a while, I would say you made the most of it.
So on a lark a two weeks ago I was able to get military tickets through Shades of Green. This was after Disney stopped selling tickets and apparently the very last day Shades was selling them. All kinds of pixie dust there. Hopefully it continues tomorrow.
pixiedust:
Awesome....you timed that just right!
Sweet!! Don't you all look lovely! :goodvibes
Between the amazing company and drinks I don’t remember how could I give Jock’s anything other than five stab’s from forky right in his butt cheek.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well hello old friend, It'sSmee! "Bond, James Bond............."

And speaking of party, who was I with?
Who ARE you with :poop:
I bet all of you had just a MARVELOUS time. Wish I'd been there.............

Looks like a perfect day. Even though you didn't know it was your last visit for a while, I would say you made the most of it.
We certainly did. I've been sitting here watching live streams most of the morning and it so has me ready to go back. 111 days and counting, provided Florida gets its act together of course.

Well hello old friend, It'sSmee! "Bond, James Bond............."
Woohoo!!!!! You finally joined the DIS. I've been trying to get you on here for years Cruella. Glad to see you finally gave up on those dang dalmations and can now focus on much more important Disney matters.

I bet all of you had just a MARVELOUS time. Wish I'd been there.............
Wish you had too :sad:

Hi Everyone! I've been pretty busy with work and life the last few weeks, but Happy Disney World reopening day. As I type this I'm watching a live stream that is currently inside Carousel of Progress and I'm having all the feels.

Speaking of feels since many of you had asked thought I would let everyone know that we said goodbye to our sweet Duval last week. It was a heartbreaking decision as his spirit never changed, but his body just couldn't go anymore. Last August when we almost came home from this trip we never would have thought he would have had almost a year longer with him so we are very grateful for every minute ♥

We hadn't been able to leave him since this trip last August so we were at least able to escape to our family cabin in West Virginia for the 4th of July. It felt so good to be outside of the walls of my house for every reason you can imagine.

IMG_3122.jpeg
Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be back soon to finish this up. Promise. Really. I'm not procrastinating at all.

Last edited:
Last August when we almost came home from this trip we never would have thought he would have had almost a year longer with him so we are very grateful for every minute ♥

Again, I'm so, so sorry about Duval :sad1:❤ He was such a beautiful dog.

we were at least able to escape to our cabin in West Virginia for the 4th of July. It felt so good to be outside of the walls of my house for every reason you can imagine.

Wait. You have a cabin in West Virginia? It looks beautiful, but do they even serve Bone Marrow there??

Sorry for the loss of your pup. They bring us so much joy. I follow all of your reports, but rarely comment. I'll have to change that and join in the fun from now on.

Speaking of feels since many of you had asked thought I would let everyone know that we said goodbye to our sweet Duval last week.
Sorry to hear this. Never easy to lose a member of the family.

Speaking of real life updates, I have been back at work the last two weeks, after having 7 weeks off (and no pay), but that was better than a lay off. Hopefully things go OK from here on.

So sorry about Duval! I know you will always cherish those memories. It is never easy to lose a member of the family. :littleangel:

Kari, sorry to hear about Duval, what a big ole fellow he was!
It sounds like he brought much joy to you all. :love:

I’m glad you had some nice outdoor family time. I have been walking and walking..... it really is my favorite past time now. I live out in the country and can walk for a long time and not see a soul, just the beautiful outdoors!

Dear Duval crossing the rainbow bridge. Such a superb and strong dog and companion. Sending much love ❤
Thank you ♥

I'm so sorry to hear about Duval. I know how difficult and heartbreaking that decision is. Sending you love. paw:
Thanks Christine. We changed our minds about 10 times in the last few weeks but in the end we know it was for the best.

Again, I'm so, so sorry about Duval :sad1:❤ He was such a beautiful dog.
Thanks Kelly. Even in his old age he barely greyed and never lost his handsomeness.

Wait. You have a cabin in West Virginia? It looks beautiful, but do they even serve Bone Marrow there??
I should have clarified its a family house, so just not ours. It's predominantly Jason's Dad and Step Mom's second home, but we share it with him and Jason's step brother. No bone marrow but lots of mountain oysters :rotfl:

So sorry to hear about Duval. Our animals give us such joy.
They do. I know you went through this not too long ago yourself. Trying to remember the joy through the hurt ♥

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby 😢
Thank you

Sorry for the loss of your pup. They bring us so much joy. I follow all of your reports, but rarely comment. I'll have to change that and join in the fun from now on.
Thank you. This big guy certainly brought us a ton of joy. And thanks for commenting. Yes please comment on much more fun posts.

So glad you were able to escape for the 4th July. Sending my love and sympathies to you all in the loss of Duval :hug:
Thank you Moira. Getting away southed my soul but man coming home to an empty house was tough :hug:

Sorry to hear this. Never easy to lose a member of the family.

Speaking of real life updates, I have been back at work the last two weeks, after having 7 weeks off (and no pay), but that was better than a lay off. Hopefully things go OK from here on.
Thanks Jeff. Glad to hear you've gotten back to work. Hopefully things are looking better up there than they are here.

So sorry about Duval! I know you will always cherish those memories. It is never easy to lose a member of the family. :littleangel:
Thank you. It certainly isn't easy even if you know its the right thing to do ❤
Kari, sorry to hear about Duval, what a big ole fellow he was!
It sounds like he brought much joy to you all. :love:

I’m glad you had some nice outdoor family time. I have been walking and walking..... it really is my favorite past time now. I live out in the country and can walk for a long time and not see a soul, just the beautiful outdoors!
Thanks Caroline :hug: He certainly was a big boy but he loved with every fiber of that big soul.

I've been doing lots of walking too though with being back at work I can't get as much in during the week. Me and the DIS podcast have been walking and spending lots of time together. Wish we were in the country though. We have a park nearby where I walk at when I have time to drive there but unfortunately its way too crowded around our neighborhood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter