Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

So I gather I’d made a pre-park opening ADR and am only now being reminded of that :confused3

:rotfl: :rotfl: Good thing you woke up for it.

I recall we were the second in line but had to wait a solid 10 minutes while the lady in front of us needed to have a personal photo shoot holding 5 different buttons in every imaginable pose. I was not annoyed at all.

Ugh that drives me insane. There's 9002 photographers on Main Street- be considerate and take some poses at each one instead of making everyone wait a year.

Jason ordered the Lobster Fried Green Tomato Benedict.

Oo this is what I had when we ate breakfast there and I was shocked how good it was!

Casey said she was ok missing Halloween. Then when I told her the other day she was upset she'd miss trick or treating. Looks like we may be making some changes....

Would it count if she can go trick or treating at the Disney resorts lol? Eventually in some decade I'll get to Halloween in my TR but the resorts all do activities and trick or treating on Halloween!

Me, too :guilty: Ugh, I didn't. :sad2: I'd planned to, but then had this foolish idea of taking a new job which sucked the life out of my free time last fall :faint: I really need to get my priorities straight...
You better work on that :D

Yes! Me, too. One of these days we'll have a good amount of overlap. And yes! Wouldn't it be a hoot for our Jason's to meet?! ;):thumbsup2
That would be awesome!!!!!

You guys are so cute!!! Thanks for the nice escape! Makes me excited my next trip!
Ahh thank you. Glad we could provide a Disney escape for you.

Ugh that drives me insane. There's 9002 photographers on Main Street- be considerate and take some poses at each one instead of making everyone wait a year.
We rarely stop at PhotoPass stops and if we do its only because they don't have a line. Crazy me thinking being second in line would make for a quick trip.

Would it count if she can go trick or treating at the Disney resorts lol? Eventually in some decade I'll get to Halloween in my TR but the resorts all do activities and trick or treating on Halloween!
It would count and I had no idea they did this! Right now we'll be having dinner at Ft. Wilderness so I figured the campsites would be a good option. Good to know the resorts do something too.

Breakfasts can chew up so much park time if you go during opening hours! A pre-park opening meal is definitely the way to go. Glad your dish hit the spot and was a solid meal before some MK park time.
How awesome you accomplished some DISmeets that morning.

Breakfasts can chew up so much park time if you go during opening hours! A pre-park opening meal is definitely the way to go. Glad your dish hit the spot and was a solid meal before some MK park time.
You've got that right. I really don't care for breakfast and rarely eat it but Jason loves it. Usually we just delay heading to the parks, but the pre-park opening, even if it meant an early wake-up call, was a good option.

Well, I feel off the wagon for keeping up with EVERYTHING on the disboards. But work today has been slow, and decided to hop over here and see what everyone was up to. And I am glad I came when I did! The BEST part is still to come for this trip report! :)

I made a dining reservation.

There I said it. But still not feeling better. Let me try that again.
I am amazed!!!

I didn't just make one reservation like I'd intended. I made 7! S-E-V-E-N! Advanced Dining Reservations. At Disney World. For October and November
You just keep dropping bombs on us!!!
Ha

So I set my alarm for 7am yesterday so I could get a reservation on our 180+2 day. Are you impressed I learned fancy new language too?
Well, this maybe a thing of the past! Good thing you jumped on board now! 60 days sounds fantastic timing to me....

Or Casey's request of Hoop Dee Doo because post global pandemic who doesn't want strangers singing all up in your grill and sitting on your lap. But I digress.
Ha! Really! Maybe they will change the tables to be not shared anymore.

Yup I got my very own Forky and a painting! And in case you can't read the picture Forky is asking "What Is Wine?" Here is a close-up.
Ha!!! I didn't notice the What is Wine on your facebook posting. Gwen did some research on different Gods and found one that is the God of Wine and she added a comment that it was my favorite god.

This post marks our last full Disney day
boo

This is with Crispy-fried Green Tomatoes topped with Poached Eggs, Lobster, and Hollandaise Sauce. I was surprised by how much lobster this actually came with for $18 and it was quite tasty. The eggs were perfectly poached and the fried green tomato added some nice crunch and sweetness. Jason’s only complaint was that it was really messy to eat as there was no bread to hold everything together.
I literally want to go here for breakfast just for this.

Up next, more DIS friends, fun, and food!
YEAH!!!!

Well, I feel off the wagon for keeping up with EVERYTHING on the disboards. But work today has been slow, and decided to hop over here and see what everyone was up to. And I am glad I came when I did! The BEST part is still to come for this trip report! :)
This is the most time I've actually had on here but I'll be back on the wagon next week. Headed back to work full time :mad:

And yes the best part is about to come. I actually typed it up last night but got too tired to post it so coming shortly.

Well, this maybe a thing of the past! Good thing you jumped on board now! 60 days sounds fantastic timing to me....
I'm still all for 60 minutes over 60 days but it sure as heck beats 6 absolutely ridiculous months early!!!

Ha! Really! Maybe they will change the tables to be not shared anymore.
Who knows. I'm thinking hoop is likely not coming back this year and still not sure we'll even go with all the restrictions but who knows what will be happening come October

Ha!!! I didn't notice the What is Wine on your facebook posting. Gwen did some research on different Gods and found one that is the God of Wine and she added a comment that it was my favorite god.
Our girls know us well 🍷

We Wants the Red Head (Not!)

Remember just a few updates ago when I, of all people, got up at an ungodly hour to make ADRs 180 days in advance for our October trip?

That worked out well.

Onto simpler Disney times

After an early morning breakfast and some park time we met up with the wonderful Ariella aka @StarWarsMomofGirls! and her family. I think this was our third or fourth time spending time with them in the parks after years of commenting on each other’s reports that we were raising two Disney peas in a pod.

AKA Casey and Gwen. These two get along fabulously and after a week with her parents my only child was so happy to spend time with Gwen and her sister Morgan.

We’d let each of the girls pick a ride for FP’s and first up it was Big Thunder Mountain. No pics of the actual ride but afterwards we were able to all meet up with @Tracy161 again.

After that we wandered through Frontierland where Casey found her favorite bear.

Before stopping for some sweet treats.

We made the fatal mistake of deviating from our beloved Dole Whip to try the MK Instagramable snack de jour – the Redd’s Revenge at Sunshine Tree Terrance.

An ode to the iconic red head in Pirates this is strawberry Dole Whip, strawberry Fanta, and a chocolate pirate’s hat.

Being the clear social media influencer that I am I jumped on the Instagram band wagon. Not that I’m on Instagram or wanted to fan girl over the drink. Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.

My inner 12 year old aside I was NOT a fan of this. It had a fake strawberry mixed with cream soda flavor and it was most definitely not my cup of tea ice cream. Casey had no problem batting clean-up though.

Snacks eaten we met up with Caroline aka @disneyAndi14 and her daughter Andi for reals this time for FP #2 and my favorite ride, Splash Mountain.

#SayCheese

We got stuck for a while near the end, but never fear it was in my favorite part of the entire ride which I of course captured for posterior posterity sake :D

Our time with Caroline and Andi was way too short but we said our goodbyes as they had other plans for the day.

We headed off to our fitting last FP with the Star Wars Mom and her girls, Space Mountain. The girls were all able to ride by themselves and took a fairly tame ride photo.

And the adults?

Did you really expect anything else?

We bid Ariella and crew a farewell for now and did a little shopping.

Casey and I vetoed this one.

But said yes to Mickey Pretzels....

....and Fake Disney cheese

It does a body good

Eventually we did our last ride of the trip, Jungle Cruise, and after 9 days bid Magic Kingdom farewell. If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment. But in the end I guess it was how it was supposed to be. Snacks, amazing DIS friends, and my crazy crew.

Up next DIS is how we Drink…

Of course, Kari, the minute you do actually make ADRs, all ADRs are cancelled. You should probably stick to no ADRs. EVER. :rotfl:

That is so fun that Casey and Gwen got together again! I'm really jealous of your trip and how you all got to hang out together with Tracy, Ariella and the family. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and you topped it off with the most feminist drink on the planet. Sounds like a great day and I wouldn't have done it any other way!

I shouldn't chuckle, but of course....you finally agree to make ADRs and Disney cancels them all. What can you do but laugh at the irony. :sad2: :rotfl:

Lots of DISmeets on your final park day! Looks like it was a lot of fun, even if it did involve slurping down gross fake strawberry syrup.

I absolutely loved the comparison of the Space Mountain photos. The kids have to step up their photo game! They are nowhere near on the same level as the adults. :laughing:

I thought of you when we got the ADR announcements....

I'm waiting to see what happens for our trip. We'll take what we can get but we so need the mental break!

Remember just a few updates ago when I, of all people, got up at an ungodly hour to make ADRs 180 days in advance for our October trip?
I was impressed that you were making your ADR's early while I procrastinated. ;)
AKA Casey and Gwen. These two get along fabulously and after a week with her parents my only child was so happy to spend time with Gwen and her sister Morgan.
It looks like they had a great time together. :)

Snacks eaten we met up with Caroline aka @disneyAndi14 and her daughter Andi for reals this time for FP #2 and my favorite ride, Splash Mountain.
I see that the girls were squeezed into one row. That was nice that the CM's let them do that. :)

Space Mountain - the adults definitely had the most fun on that ride. :)

Ach what a fabulous and fun last day :goodvibes
I’m sorry but I immediately thought of you when I heard the adrs were all cancelled- just goes to show Disney is bowing to your superior knowledge of how things should be though really they should have known you were right before now!:confused3:rotfl:
The adults definitely outdid the kids in the SM ride photo. Jason’s expression is priceless. Not going to comment on his choice of hat:rotfl:
Your inner 12 year old made me laugh!:lmao::rotfl2:

That worked out well.

I think you jinxed all of us! You better watch out...millions of DIS fans are looking for someone to blame!

Being the clear social media influencer that I am I jumped on the Instagram band wagon. Not that I’m on Instagram or wanted to fan girl over the drink. Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.

Oh, so I don't remember the part where y'all were drinking before this!

What a fun boat!

And the adults?

Adults? I don't see any adults in this picture?

Eventually we did our last ride of the trip, Jungle Cruise, and after 9 days bid Magic Kingdom farewell. If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment.

Same. The last time we were there was a quick, impromptu trip that wasn't really even supposed to be a trip. If I had know my two "real" trips three and six months later would be cancelled. I'd have stayed longer. But I'm still thankful I at least had that last little trip:hug:

That worked out well.
The universe sometimes has a sick sense of humor. :sad2:

No pics of the actual ride but afterwards we were able to all meet up with @Tracy161 again.
Love this photo so much! I have to tell you, my mom is not a fan of her [37 year old :rolleyes2] daughter going on trips alone. Anywhere. Never mind that they are to Disney World. So whenever she learns I'm meeting up with "people from the internet", she isn't thrilled. You can imagine I took great joy in showing her this picture and reassured her that "these are the hardened criminals I'm meeting up with on my trips". :laughing: I think she chilled out a bit after seeing your lovely faces:rotfl2:

Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.
YES! I've been thinking the same thing.

And the adults?

Did you really expect anything else?
Expected absolutely nothing else.

If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment.
Same. :sad:

I thought of you as soon as I found out they were canceling everyone's ADRs! The universe is trying to tell you something.

Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But said yes to Mickey Pretzels....

I will always say yes to Mickey pretzels!

If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment.

Ugh you and me both! My sister and I talked about sneaking in a quick trip in February and didn't do it and how badly I regret it.

Oh dear... the best laid plans got busted again! We got up at 4:00 am, made some cute danish out of puff pastry, cream cheese and strawberries, got the coffee going, and was able to log on right before 5:00 am :surfweb: and get the perfect set of restaurants... (trying to reserve large tables is challenging!). We had Homecomin', Be Our Guest, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tusker House, Topolino's Terrace Character Brunch, and Garden Grill Character Dinner.
I am still bumming out about Disney cancelling ALL of them on me, on my four grandchildren! :sad2: I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to re-book everything for your October trip! :thumbsup2

Of course, Kari, the minute you do actually make ADRs, all ADRs are cancelled. You should probably stick to no ADRs. EVER. :rotfl:
Murphy's Law. Definitely learned a lesson on that one.

That is so fun that Casey and Gwen got together again! I'm really jealous of your trip and how you all got to hang out together with Tracy, Ariella and the family. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and you topped it off with the most feminist drink on the planet. Sounds like a great day and I wouldn't have done it any other way!
It was definitely a great day with so many friends. And there are more to come this evening!!!!

I shouldn't chuckle, but of course....you finally agree to make ADRs and Disney cancels them all. What can you do but laugh at the irony. :sad2: :rotfl:
Laugh. Cry. Emotions so close, yet so far away :confused3

I absolutely loved the comparison of the Space Mountain photos. The kids have to step up their photo game! They are nowhere near on the same level as the adults. :laughing:
I think Casey just needs to impart her "wisdom" on where the camera is. I'm actually surprised she didn't orchestrate the girls all doing something before they got on the ride.

I thought of you when we got the ADR announcements....

I'm waiting to see what happens for our trip. We'll take what we can get but we so need the mental break!
I'm not sure if it s a good thing or a bad thing that so many people thought of me when it came to ADRs :earboy2:

I'm so with you on the mental break This August trip was the last time we were on vacation or even spent a night away from our house. I had the flu for a few weeks in December, and now of course have been home with the global pandemic, pretty sure neither of those count as vacation though.

I was impressed that you were making your ADR's early while I procrastinated. ;)
Looks like it's procrastination for the win though!

I see that the girls were squeezed into one row. That was nice that the CM's let them do that. :)
Yeah it was great of them to let us all get in one boat. It was a little tight for the girls but they had a blast together.

I’m sorry but I immediately thought of you when I heard the adrs were all cancelled- just goes to show Disney is bowing to your superior knowledge of how things should be though really they should have known you were right before now!:confused3:rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: While I"m pretty sure everyone should just always bow to my superior knowledge pretty sure I am not the winner in this situation. Oh well guess I'll be setting that alarm for 31 August this time around. At least its a Monday :D

The adults definitely outdid the kids in the SM ride photo. Jason’s expression is priceless. Not going to comment on his choice of hat:rotfl:
Jason is definitely one of a kind. But we kinda like him so we'll keep him around for a while.

I think you jinxed all of us! You better watch out...millions of DIS fans are looking for someone to blame!
Bring it on. Is it weird that being embroiled in a DIS feud sounds like a good time right about now :earboy2:

Oh, so I don't remember the part where y'all were drinking before this!
Stone cold sober baby! What can I say I am who I am

Adults? I don't see any adults in this picture?
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Clearly I meant the children hidden inside the 40 something year old bodys

Same. The last time we were there was a quick, impromptu trip that wasn't really even supposed to be a trip. If I had know my two "real" trips three and six months later would be cancelled. I'd have stayed longer. But I'm still thankful I at least had that last little trip:hug:
Yes we are thankful for our trip too. Fingers crossed we'll both be back in October!

The universe sometimes has a sick sense of humor. :sad2:
That it does. Especially when it comes to me and dining reservations apparently.

Love this photo so much! I have to tell you, my mom is not a fan of her [37 year old :rolleyes2] daughter going on trips alone. Anywhere. Never mind that they are to Disney World. So whenever she learns I'm meeting up with "people from the internet", she isn't thrilled. You can imagine I took great joy in showing her this picture and reassured her that "these are the hardened criminals I'm meeting up with on my trips". :laughing: I think she chilled out a bit after seeing your lovely faces:rotfl2:
I'm having a hard time putting our faces and chilling out in the same sentence but we'll go with that :earboy2:

Seriously though that is too funny about your Mom. I remember I used to read peoples trip reports and see "DIS Meets" and think how strange that was. And here we are. Who knew people from the internet could become friends instead of yielding machetes :confused3

Expected absolutely nothing else.
You know us too well!

I thought of you as soon as I found out they were canceling everyone's ADRs! The universe is trying to tell you something.
Yep!!! Clearly ADRs and me are not a good combo. Think we'll just stick to QS for this trip to really show the internet who is in charge here.

I will always say yes to Mickey pretzels!
Man what I wouldn't give for one right about now. I keep hinting to Jason he should make pretzels (I cannot bake for the life of me) but no such luck. I'm gonna have to hit him over the head to make sure he knows that is now no longer a request 🥨

Ugh you and me both! My sister and I talked about sneaking in a quick trip in February and didn't do it and how badly I regret it.
Hopefully you can get some time away from work and a little Disney in your life soon. I went when I was pregnant with Casey and it sucked I couldn't ride a lot of stuff but all of the snacks more than made up for that!

Oh dear... the best laid plans got busted again! We got up at 4:00 am, made some cute danish out of puff pastry, cream cheese and strawberries, got the coffee going, and was able to log on right before 5:00 am :surfweb:
Well good news is now you've had a practice run at it and you can do it all again in just a few more months.

am still bumming out about Disney cancelling ALL of them on me, on my four grandchildren! :sad2: I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to re-book everything for your October trip! :thumbsup2
Yes, yes those poor grandchildren. I am sure they are heartbroken over losing their disney dining reservations several months from now :P

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Sounds like you got some good ones. I don't think we'll have too much trouble with getting reservations set back up since we aren't really going to any of the super popular places. California Grill brunch is the only one I'm sure we won't be able to get though. Guess we'll have to go with my Homecoming back up instead. #DisneyProblems

I think you jinked us all! Actually, I don't mind any of the announcements they have made. It might be fore the best in the long run.

These two... kindered Disney spirits.

After that we wandered through Frontierland where Casey found her favorite bear.
I believe we were hiding on the side as my girls don't find the love in the Country Bears

It def does look like that...

Casey had no problem batting clean-up though.
I love Gwen's little head peaking out. Really, it's funny how well they get along, this pic looks like they have been bff's for awhile now.

And the adults?
We def had the better ride photo!

. If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment. But in the end I guess it was how it was supposed to be. Snacks, amazing DIS friends, and my crazy crew.
this is so sad!!!! At least you made it to this part of the trip! It could have been cut a whole lot shorter if your dad hasn't come to the rescue for your pup. But I know the feeling. I really don't know when we will be going back. I am thinking maybe Disneyland at Christmas time 2021! Yikes! And that is a maybe...

You can imagine I took great joy in showing her this picture and reassured her that "these are the hardened criminals I'm meeting up with on my trips". :laughing: I think she chilled out a bit after seeing your lovely faces:rotfl2:
Ha! I mean those 2 little ones in the front look extra shady!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!