Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

The ADR situation is definitely a bummer. I think your last day sounds pretty perfect with snacks, friends, and fun attractions. Casey continues to be positively adorable. Fingers crossed that our respective October trips will be as normal as circumstances will allow - and that we can replace any especially coveted reservations (brunch at CG in my case). And hopefully, one day, we'll be there at the same time!

If I’d known then what was to come and that it would be well over a year before we set foot in our beloved Disney World again I’m sure I would have done about 100 different things in that moment. But in the end I guess it was how it was supposed to be. Snacks, amazing DIS friends, and my crazy crew.

You and me both!! I keep thinking back to my trip in March right before the shutdown and how I wish I'd done a few things differently...sigh...

I'm feelin ya, girl! I got early up at 180 to make dining reservations for our May trip, which then got cancelled due to corona, then got up early in April to make dining reservations for our October trip, re-made dining reservations for the rescheduled May to July trip, and now both the July & October trip dining reservations got cancelled! WTH??? I give up! Oh my gosh, the anatomy pic you took with Redd's Revenge had me ROTFLMAO!!!

Remember just a few updates ago when I, of all people, got up at an ungodly hour to make ADRs 180 days in advance for our October trip?

That worked out well.

haha! I have so many thoughts on this... i am really at this point just hoping November happens... How is being back at work?

AKA Casey and Gwen. These two get along fabulously and after a week with her parents my only child was so happy to spend time with Gwen and her sister Morgan.

LOVE THIS!

Being the clear social media influencer that I am I jumped on the Instagram band wagon. Not that I’m on Instagram or wanted to fan girl over the drink. Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.

haha! I can't

We got stuck for a while near the end, but never fear it was in my favorite part of the entire ride which I of course captured for posterior posterity sake :D

This is officially the most high brow update i have ever read!

Casey and I vetoed this one.

Why not this is the best! haha! I cant today

Ugh i hear you with this long break, and i feel like a break of a year in 2020 feels like a break of 20 years!

But you had some good snacks and saw some good friends, so overall not a bad day?

I think you jinked us all! Actually, I don't mind any of the announcements they have made. It might be fore the best in the long run.
Yeah I'm with you. I'm still not inclined to make reservations during "normal" times but 60 days is certainly better than 6 months. And I'm hoping the dining plan stays away for good. We don't do it, but I blame it for the decline of food at non-signatures and artificial raising of prices just to people felt they were getting a value.

I believe we were hiding on the side as my girls don't find the love in the Country Bears
Yeah I'm pretty sure you all were right there. My old soul child loves her some Country Bears.

I love Gwen's little head peaking out. Really, it's funny how well they get along, this pic looks like they have been bff's for awhile now.
They do get a long great. For girls who have spent such little time together you'd never know they hadn't been friends forever. They just seem to pick up together seamlessly.

this is so sad!!!! At least you made it to this part of the trip! It could have been cut a whole lot shorter if your dad hasn't come to the rescue for your pup. But I know the feeling. I really don't know when we will be going back. I am thinking maybe Disneyland at Christmas time 2021! Yikes! And that is a maybe...
I know, I'm so thankful that we did get the time that we got. We haven't spent a night away from the house since that trip and as much as I'm itching for Disney I'm itching to be outside the walls of my house even more. We'll likely at least get to West Virginia, if not Savannah this summer. And as for Disney right now we are still set for late October, but we'll see how we feel about that the closer it gets. And hopefully our DL redo in April for Spring Break again.

Casey continues to be positively adorable.
Thank you!!! We certainly hit the kid lottery with that one.

Fingers crossed that our respective October trips will be as normal as circumstances will allow - and that we can replace any especially coveted reservations (brunch at CG in my case). And hopefully, one day, we'll be there at the same time!
I'll be crossing everything I got right along with ya. Brunch is really the only one I'd be upset if we couldn't do again. Otherwise I figure even with limited availability the lower crowds shouldn't make it too very different. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :earboy2:

You and me both!! I keep thinking back to my trip in March right before the shutdown and how I wish I'd done a few things differently...sigh...
Well we know we'll definitely appreciate it all the more when we get back.

I'm feelin ya, girl! I got early up at 180 to make dining reservations for our May trip, which then got cancelled due to corona, then got up early in April to make dining reservations for our October trip, re-made dining reservations for the rescheduled May to July trip, and now both the July & October trip dining reservations got cancelled! WTH??? I give up! Oh my gosh, the anatomy pic you took with Redd's Revenge had me ROTFLMAO!!!
Wow!!!! Having to make reservations 3+ times. And here I thought one time was bad. Oh well, whenever we get to go we'll be in Disney and I'm pretty sure I'd even suck it up and eat at Chef Mickeys just to be there. Ok, maybe I'm not that desparate yet :D

haha! I have so many thoughts on this... i am really at this point just hoping November happens... How is being back at work?
All good so far. I've been in and out and still trying to work from home as much as I can. We only have 25% of the workforce back so far so its been a nice way to transition. But I know my insanity and 60 hour weeks are going to unfortunately come back at some point.

This is officially the most high brow update i have ever read!
What can I say, I'm a high brow kinda girl :earboy2:

Ugh i hear you with this long break, and i feel like a break of a year in 2020 feels like a break of 20 years!

But you had some good snacks and saw some good friends, so overall not a bad day?
I know. Its been 10 months to the day since we arrived in Disney but it feels like it was about 10 years ago. But you are right snacks and friends make it all worth it even if I really did have to wait ten years

Being the clear social media influencer that I am I jumped on the Instagram band wagon. Not that I’m on Instagram or wanted to fan girl over the drink. Nope I couldn’t wait to do an anatomically correct photo session with the snack whose “hat” I swear looks like the red head's baby carrying organ.
OMG! I am honestly at a loss for words. LMBO!!!!!!

We got stuck for a while near the end, but never fear it was in my favorite part of the entire ride which I of course captured for posterior posterity sake :D
I'm not even going to add my 2 cents for fear I will be banned from the DIS. LMBO!!!!!

Hey Butt Cheek

More to come on that title in just a bit…..

Quick real life update before I get into this next installment.

Like everyone else with a resort reservation I’ll be up and at um tomorrow morning to watch Disney IT crash and burn . I mean book my park reservations for October 😬 We completely lucked out because we didn’t have tickets to go with our reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge but, just like with those ADRs, something told me I should get them. So on a lark a two weeks ago I was able to get military tickets through Shades of Green. This was after Disney stopped selling tickets and apparently the very last day Shades was selling them. All kinds of pixie dust there. Hopefully it continues tomorrow.
pixiedust:

Oh and before I forget Happy Father’s Day to any Dad’s out there! My covidphobic husband almost considered going out of the house for the first time in over three months. Almost….So here I sit.

After our last day in the Magic Kingdom I split up from Jason and Casey so I could pick up our rental car. We were headed to Savannah to visit friends the next day and would fly home from there. I ended up getting the rental car at the Dolphin, which was very convenient to get to from a park plus it was much cheaper than the Disney car rental place.

I drove myself back to the resort which was super weird as I had never actually driven on Disney property before yet knew exactly where everything was :confused3 As I knew I had a tipsy night ahead of me the car stayed parked and we ventured via uber to Disney Springs for some more fun with friends.

And where were we headed?????

Ain’t no party like a Jock Lindsey’s Party

And speaking of party, who was I with?

Ariella again of course. But also my wonderful friend Ariane changed her travel plans just so we could spend the evening together. And because Ariane was coming down Melinda flew in from Atlanta for a few days too. ♥

I thought I’d ordered my go to here, an Anything Goes, but from the picture I’m going to have to vote it was actually a margarita of some sort.

And why am I confused? Because my notes say “2 kali ma jar it’s big very spicy Hutu good.” Clearly obvious.

No pics but I can at least decipher “Jason Tsing tsar” into Jason had a Tsingtao beer.

Beyond that my notes say “Could have used food but have 2 rounds.” Yup. And “Steve buys this jbyih.” While I do love a good jbyih I think I recall Ariane’s husband Steve picked up the tab (thanks Steve!). But absolutely nothing else. I am sure that is becuase I was having way too much fun with this crowd.

And again from my good side.

But I don't need notes to know this is where “Hey Butt Cheek” was born.

Now I’m sure you are wondering if it was my cheek involved or Ariella or Ariane’s butt. And that is exactly what I would be wondering too. But you would be wrong.

Because Hey Butt Cheek is a cinematic marvel that could only have been born from the minds of Casey and Gwen.
I’ll spare you the other 30 minutes of various footage I have of this masterpiece of a film. But after viewing the Director’s cut all I can say is watch out Academy Awards!!!

Between the amazing company and drinks I don’t remember how could I give Jock’s anything other than five stab’s from forky right in his butt cheek.

Up next, Hello Butt Cheek Part Deux: Morimoto's Revenge.

Last edited:
I missed your anatomy lesson, haha 😆
I thought the Red’s Revenge was pretty good. It was so hot out ours melted so fast.
Jock’s butt cheeky ness looks like a great time!

I’ll be right there with you tomorrow trying to make reservations for our September trip. My expectations are extremely low on how this will roll out...

:tink: Good luck in a few short hours! I will be right there with you hoping to score a few spots for November! :shamrock: :stir: pixiedust: 🤞

What a fab last night at Jock’s. The world better watch out when Casey and Gwen get their movie production company up and running😂. Love that they merrily entertained themselves and enjoyed each other’s company 😊

I love the outside seating at the Hangar Bar. The view is great. It looks like everyone had a fun evening. :)

Last edited:
Looks great. I never made it to Jock’s Hanger Bar but it really looks like a place I would enjoy, being an Indiana Jones fan and all.

I missed your anatomy lesson, haha 😆
How could you possibly have missed that? That "hat" was the sole reason I wanted that dang thing

Jock’s butt cheeky ness looks like a great time!
Oh it so was. But stay tuned the butt cheekyness does not end there. I know you are riveted :earboy2:

I’ll be right there with you tomorrow trying to make reservations for our September trip. My expectations are extremely low on how this will roll out...
Looks like you needed to lower your expectations then probably a little bit more. Still a littler further....

Seriously hope you didn't have too much trouble and got what you were looking for

:tink: Good luck in a few short hours! I will be right there with you hoping to score a few spots for November! :shamrock: :stir: pixiedust: 🤞
Hope some pixie dust came your way. We certainly didn't have too much trouble compared to most. We were up and logging on at 7, but I had to be in meetings starting at 8:30. Thankfully Jason was able to get into the system while I was working Now he mildly screwed up our actual dates, but we were just thankful to have something given all the trouble others were having

What a fab last night at Jock’s. The world better watch out when Casey and Gwen get their movie production company up and running😂. Love that they merrily entertained themselves and enjoyed each other’s company 😊
We have been so lucky to not only have time with Ariella and her family on a few trips now, but that the girls get along so well. They've actually become texting and face time buddies and have gotten their Disney fix through each other the last few months

I love the outside seating at the Hangar Bar. The view is great. It looks like everyone had a fun evening. :)
Us too! Disney certainly needs more outdoor dining options as I am happiest outdoors with a drink in my hand. Kinda like right now as I sit on my deck sipping some wine and typing this 🍷

You all looked like you were having so much fun!!!! And to think I missed the rest of them by a few days that trip...Sigh.
I know. But at least you got a little bit of me. And most of them again in January. And next month. Hey, now I'm the jealous one :earboy2:

Looks great. I never made it to Jock’s Hanger Bar but it really looks like a place I would enjoy, being an Indiana Jones fan and all.
Yeah I knew there was an Indian Jones connection but it was a bit lost on me. We just watched the movie a few weeks ago and it had probably been 30 years since I'd last seen it. So random that they named a bar after a character that is barely in the movie, but a fun theme nonetheless

Tipsy Notes and a happy crew!!! A lovely gathering ... and cinematic marvel rolled into one! Has it been nominated, yet?
Not yet, but I hear nominations come out later this year. And good news is they expanded the field to 10 films so I think we really have a good chance for best picture. If not best special effects is a clear shoe-in.

Hope some pixie dust came your way. We certainly didn't have too much trouble compared to most. We were up and logging on at 7, but I had to be in meetings starting at 8:30. Thankfully Jason was able to get into the system while I was working Now he mildly screwed up our actual dates, but we were just thankful to have something given all the trouble others were having
I got kicked out of the program a few times. :( But by mid afternoon, I had my three parks, in the order that worked for us: HS / AK / MK. Still hoping my park hoppers are allowed by then so we can go to Epcot in the evenings. I was at work, but had my laptop off to the side, with the pink castle staring at me until the Stitch guy would show up! I actually got in once, and then it kicked me after 2 parks, so I had to start over again to the third one! But, we are good to go now! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter