“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 2 Cont.

Into Animation Hall,

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Back out to the Lion King,

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

And Finally, The Little Mermaid,

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

The AoA resort definitely lives up to its hype. It was cool and beautiful.

You can definitely see similarities between it and POP, and considering it was originally going to be the Legendary Years of POP, it makes perfect sense.

The two together really feel just like one massive resort with a lake in the middle.

I would have loved to explore even more, but I was getting antsy.

After all, I was IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! and memories were waiting to begin!

I NEEDED to get to a park stat… plus pick up my newly purchased ANNUAL PASS!!!.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Thanks for those FANTASTIC pictures!! AoA looks so cool.

Bummer about your mug lid. :(

Oh no!! I’m sure they would have replaced the mug lid for you!

Nice Cars pictures, can’t say we spent much time in there not really caring for the movie..I swear, one of these days I’ll actually watch it!

Ah!!!! Annual Paaaaaasssssssssssss…. I’m REALLY regretting not getting one, I mean, May’s audition trip and Sept’s trip is more expensive ticket wise than an ap, but I just couldn’t budget it in at the time. And then there’d be that whole confusion that I’d have to take the tickets down to a two day on the Sept pkg and then buy more days at the gate and confuse the heck out of the people going with me, hahah, too much hassle

Oh man, all those pictures of Pop AND AoA, they're the only resorts I've ever stayed at so you're giving me a serious case of the Misty Eyes here. Pop Century basically IS Disney to me! Also, great pictures all around!
Too bad about your mug lid, I echo what is above me though, they probably would have replaced it!
Annual pass! Jealous!

Thanks for those FANTASTIC pictures!! AoA looks so cool.

Bummer about your mug lid. :(

Thank you so very much!! It was REALLY impressive.

Haha, no biggie. It was going to get lost at some point anyway. At least I still have my mug. :thumbsup2

Oh no!! I’m sure they would have replaced the mug lid for you!

Nice Cars pictures, can’t say we spent much time in there not really caring for the movie..I swear, one of these days I’ll actually watch it!

Ah!!!! Annual Paaaaaasssssssssssss…. I’m REALLY regretting not getting one, I mean, May’s audition trip and Sept’s trip is more expensive ticket wise than an ap, but I just couldn’t budget it in at the time. And then there’d be that whole confusion that I’d have to take the tickets down to a two day on the Sept pkg and then buy more days at the gate and confuse the heck out of the people going with me, hahah, too much hassle

I thought of that, but I didn't want to ask. But you're right, they probably would have. It's Disney after all.
Thankfully the plastic coffee lids fit almost perfect, or at least prevented spillage!

Haha, thanks. Cars was a really nice photo op, but then the whole resort is one GIANT photo op.

Ahhhh I love having an ANNUAL PASS!!!. But yeah, one of the sucky things is I'm not eligible for free dining unless I buy a package with tickets. Which would of course make no sense since I have an ANNUAL PASS!!!.
It's still just so cool to have!!! I love it.

Oh man, all those pictures of Pop AND AoA, they're the only resorts I've ever stayed at so you're giving me a serious case of the Misty Eyes here. Pop Century basically IS Disney to me! Also, great pictures all around!
Too bad about your mug lid, I echo what is above me though, they probably would have replaced it!
Annual pass! Jealous!

Thank you Wendy. But you'll be back soon, although not at POP/AoA but at the freakin' awesome AKL!!!
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't ask. I guess I just didn't want to be a bother. I mean I only took one soap and one shampoo as a souvenir. I guess that's just how I'm built. :confused3

ANNUAL PASSES!!! RULE!!!

I love Everything Pop! One of my favorite stores on property to just wander around.

The food court at Pop is great. So much to choose from, but you are correct. It is constantly busy.

Great pictures of AoA. I have yet to visit. I'm super excited to see it in person and definitely want to take the time to on our next trip.

Thank you so very much!! It was REALLY impressive.

Haha, no biggie. It was going to get lost at some point anyway. At least I still have my mug. :thumbsup2

I thought of that, but I didn't want to ask. But you're right, they probably would have. It's Disney after all.
Thankfully the plastic coffee lids fit almost perfect, or at least prevented spillage!

Haha, thanks. Cars was a really nice photo op, but then the whole resort is one GIANT photo op.

Ahhhh I love having an ANNUAL PASS!!!. But yeah, one of the sucky things is I'm not eligible for free dining unless I buy a package with tickets. Which would of course make no sense since I have an ANNUAL PASS!!!.
It's still just so cool to have!!! I love it.

Thank you Wendy. But you'll be back soon, although not at POP/AoA but at the freakin' awesome AKL!!!
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't ask. I guess I just didn't want to be a bother. I mean I only took one soap and one shampoo as a souvenir. I guess that's just how I'm built. :confused3

ANNUAL PASSES!!! RULE!!!

Great report! Really enjoying. Thanks!

Oh I hope I'm not too late! Joining in now :) Love your photos so far!! sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip!

Oh, no! Did you ask about getting the lid replaced for your cup? I don't know that they would have, but I would have asked. The worst they can say is no.

Your pics are AWESOME!! I love seeing people's pics vs the promotional photos that the company put out. I feel like it is much more authentic. You're a great photographer.

You're going to LOVE your annual pass! I only live about 2 hours away from Disney and use my annual pass as often as I can.

Great trip report so far! Can't wait to read more!

i can't even handle the thought that 1 week from today I will be sleeping at AOA omg aggghhhhh happy dance happy dance!!!

I love Everything Pop! One of my favorite stores on property to just wander around.

The food court at Pop is great. So much to choose from, but you are correct. It is constantly busy.

Great pictures of AoA. I have yet to visit. I'm super excited to see it in person and definitely want to take the time to on our next trip.

I was quite impressed with the store Danielle. Sure you can buy at any store and ship back to the resort, etc. But being able to by a lot of the "main" stuff right there is wonderful.

I couldn't get over hor busy it was most of the time. I tried to get there really early in the morning and was able to beat the crowds a bit. But returning late at night I was super surprised to see if jumpin' like it was. Honestly, I kind of liked it, all the energy late at night.

Thank you. I saw quite a few photos before I got there too, but I think it only made seeing it in person all that much better. So the good news is seeing the photos doesn't spoil it in any way.

Great report! Really enjoying. Thanks!

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it and I'm glad you're here.

Oh I hope I'm not too late! Joining in now :) Love your photos so far!! sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip!

You are most definitely not late Kaela. We're just barely getting started.

Thank you so much. I am so very pleased to :welcome: you and most honoured and excited to have a Disney CM :worship: reading along. :flower3:

Great pics! :goodvibes

Why thank you very much!

Oh, no! Did you ask about getting the lid replaced for your cup? I don't know that they would have, but I would have asked. The worst they can say is no.

Your pics are AWESOME!! I love seeing people's pics vs the promotional photos that the company put out. I feel like it is much more authentic. You're a great photographer.

You're going to LOVE your annual pass! I only live about 2 hours away from Disney and use my annual pass as often as I can.

Great trip report so far! Can't wait to read more!

No, I didn't, but I'm definitely thinking I should have. Not a big deal though.

Wow, thank you so much. :goodvibes

I'm just so happy to have it even though I can't use it often as you obviously.

Aww thank you!

i can't even handle the thought that 1 week from today I will be sleeping at AOA omg aggghhhhh happy dance happy dance!!!

Oh yay!! That is exciting. Happy dance indeed.

My dream is to make a solo trip, can't see it in my crystal ball though, so will pretend through yours. Good start

If it's your dream, you should definitely do it. It's a great way to see "The World" in a completely different way.

I like the constant hustle and bustle around Pop too, especially when I'm planted in a chair watching it all go on around me. I always feel for the morning people pulling their suitcases with them, leaving. Such a sad time for them.

I like the constant hustle and bustle around Pop too, especially when I'm planted in a chair watching it all go on around me. I always feel for the morning people pulling their suitcases with them, leaving. Such a sad time for them.

I completely agree, I really loved the energy of POP.

I watched a few of those sad people too. But then I remembered that it wouild be me at some point, so I got over it pretty quick. :rolleyes1

DisneyKid4Life said:
I completely agree, I really loved the energy of POP.

I watched a few of those sad people too. But then I remembered that it wouild be me at some point, so I got over it pretty quick. :rolleyes1

I always wonder when we're leaving who is watching us. It's like the walk of shame after partying at the bar all night long, lol.

FILLIN' ME UP... LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!
Day 1 April 27, 2013 Part 3

After exploring the 2 resorts (well mostly AoA as far as photos go), one of which I would be calling home for the next 7 days, I knew I had to get to a park.

You see, I have never gone to a park on arrival day before, so this was a new, albeit thrilling, experience for me.
And since I was getting an ANNUAL PASS!!!, it wasnt like I would be wasting a ticket day on only a half day at the park.
I would be crazy NOT to.

So, I jumped in the car and drove the extremely short drive over to the nearest park, Disney-MGM Studios.

For all who are new, I, like many others, refuse to call this park Hollywood Studios.
It is and always will be Disney-MGM.

I may have an easier time when they change the name again (which I believe is going to happen soon) to the simple Disney Studios.
Well see, but I make no promises.

I found a parking spot really close to the front

81.jpg

82.jpg

Before proceeding to the ticket booth the pick up my

ANNUAL PASS!!!

83.jpg

Gawd, I was SOOOOOO excited to have one of these.
I finally felt like the true Disney Nerd I always knew I could be.

I considered walking around, holding it up, and saying
Excuse me... Move aside... Walt Disney World Passholder coming through!

Actually theres a chance I may have done that, but I digress...

It wasnt even really a financial decision (though if used properly can certainly be financially advantageous).
It was all about the feeling I get knowing that I can go to any Walt Disney World park, whenever I want, for One... Whole... YEAR!!!
Plus... Discounts!
OK the discounts arent great (10%), but it still feels good.

I still carry it around with me wherever I go.
It is just SO COOL!

Anyway,

It was around 5:00 when I entered the park with my ANNUAL PASS!!! when I came upon something that both surprised and shocked me.

84.jpg

Um... WHAT!?

I really should have gotten an extra one for a souvenir, but only thought of that just now which kinda doesnt help.

Oh well, I do have this lovely color photograph.

85.jpg

I then remembered reading something about this online before the trip, but had completely forgotten about it.
Disney was doing a test period to see how this would work for the past week.
This would be the last day for the trial.

The great thing was, it wasnt tied into the Fastpass machines at all, as a cast member simply gave you one if you asked.

So, I was free to get another Fastpass if I wanted, but for what?

Then I saw this...

86.jpg

OK, so the decision wasn't THAT hard.

87.jpg

Im sure most of you already know this, but for those who don't, the exterior of the hotel is designed to match the Morocco pavilion in Epcot since it can be seen from certain angles in World Showcase.
It was done so that it blended in with the Moroccan architecture.
Imagineers are geniuses and their dedication and attention to detail just astounds me.
Its things like this that are the reason why nobody beats Disney.

I took a quick check of RNRC, knowing full well that the wait would be too long (it was), and since I was unable to get another Fastpass right away coupled with the fact that they werent using the Single Rider line :confused:, I realized RNRC would probably not be on my to do list for this evening.

Wow, that was a long sentence.

Undaunted, I decided to make my way over to the Animation Academy to see if maybe some Characterpalooza was going on, stopping on the way for a quick photo.

88.jpg

Though in my heart and mind it should look like this,

88a.jpg

I got a kick out of the photo when I first saw it because of the girl in behind walking along so proudly with a Disney merch bag as big as she is.
I dont know why I find that so comical, I just do.
She just looks so proud.
Out of my way people... I'm shopping!!

From here I ducked into the Animation building only to find the normal Meet and Greets, which actually wasn't so bad since I hadn't yet met the ones who were here except for Sorcerer Mickey.

Before the trip, I decided I probably wouldn't be doing any meet and greets (save one) figuring it would be awkward being alone.

Yeah, that didn't quite work out.

YOLO!

I started with the Wreck It Ralph crew.

89.jpg

90.jpg

And then on over to Mr. Incredible and Frozone who forced me into a pose down, which turned into a laughing fit.

91.jpg

92.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 3 Cont.

After my meets with Ralph, Vanellope, Mr. Incredible, and Frozone, I made my way to what I believe should absolutely be mandatory for ALL guests visiting the Studios.

93.jpg

If you haven’t been in here, you owe it to yourself to do so.
Who knows, you might even like it.
It is pure unfettered awesomeness!!!

94.jpg

Be sure to look up…

95.jpg

96.jpg

Strangely, I don’t think I even noticed this in here before… but I love that it is.

97.jpg

98.jpg

R.I.P. Annette

99.jpg

100.jpg

I just LOVE this next photo…

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

Tell me again that Walt Disney World isn’t “Walt’s Park”…

105.jpg

Epcot memories…

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

Honestly, I just cannot say enough for this exhibit, and the fact that it is all there for everyone to see and included in their admission ticket, and yet many do not, just makes me sad.

So if any of the previous photos (which really are just a small sample of what this exhibit has to offer) look cool, please make some time to take a look on your next trip.

You will not be disappointed.

TO BE CONTINUED…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter