“You’re in Disney World, what on Earth do you have to complain about?”

Hidden Mickey!!!
Floridagame166.jpg

A furry Hidden Mickey, how sweet! Those Imagineers think of every detail, don't they? :rotfl2:

PS...Shelly sent me, too. Hi! :wave2:

What up MAYer :snooty:

Glad I didn't get too far behind! I finally got to see pics of your little ones! :flower3: Too cute! Now I'm just waiting to see pics of you and Mighty Good Man :lovestruc Awwww :goodvibes (Yes, I randomly can see pics from my computer at work now! I'm not complaining... :rolleyes1 ;) )

I love CBR! Your pics are awesome and I can't wait to read more! Yeah, it looks a bit like there was a 'for real' hidden mickey mouse up in that ceiling. :eek: Ick. Glad you had a good mousekeeper!

See yinz guys tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Gooood Morning, Trip Report Travelers!
I have started my next installment of the journey, but alas, a little thing called voting has gotten in my way.
Don't the candidates know I'm working, here?

I shall return in a bit with a trip to DTD!

Jo

When we got back to our room, I was surprised to see Mighty Good Man up, showered and…
working on his blackberry. :confused:
“What are you doing?” I asked- and he said “Well, I’ve had some issues at work come up- I need to make a phone call and can’t get any reception in the room. Is that embarrassing mug of coffee for me b/c I really need it.”
(he hates the fact that I buy the mugs every trip- says they are not, um, MANLY.)

I just KNEW the work issue foreshadowed bad, bad things for the trip. Every single time we go to WDW, his work falls apart.
I’m not kidding. Trucks with product on them disappear in the night. Product in warehouses disappear. Adults that are so good at finding their way to work while he is in town somehow fall into the Twilight Zone and they can’t answer his frantic calls- from his vacation in Florida. I have come to expect it- the only way I shall ever wrench that blackberry from his hands will be to get him on a cruise where there is no reception. Slow boat to China, anyone?:sail:

It was now 10:30 and I asked him if he’d talked to his GrandMother, who was driving up with his Grandfather from Tampa to have lunch with us. He said no, so I went outside to call her and she answered saying that they were 20 minutes away. We planned on meeting them at DTD and we got in the car and drove over. We sort of had a hard time finding them…there were a bazillion people there. I’ve never seen the place that packed. I guess no one wanted to waste one of their park tix days in the rain, so they all came to DTD. It was then that I knew we were in trouble with the crowds.

Once we finally met up with the Grandparents, we walked thru the rain towards Wolfgang Puck for lunch. Along the way we saw the new T-Rex restaurant and considered dining there.

Floridagame209.jpg

I just love the sign under the dino...
Floridagame210.jpg

Floridagame211.jpg

The line was out the door-- an hour and a half wait- so we kept on moving.

I really and truly was feeling awful and thankfully we were seated without a wait at Wolfgang Pucks. After looking at the menu the only thing that sounded good with my cold was the Butternut Squash soup. Not really my thing, but it was the only soup they had. Mighty Good Man got a sushi something- I don’t eat tentacley, squishy things so I don’t know exactly what it was- the kids got burgers, I think. The Grandparents had a salad and a hamburger. When the soup came out it was so cute! It had a Mickey on the top- floating- but the soup was not good. It was sweet! Like sugar bowl sweet! I generally love everything Wolfgang Puck, but after that soup I called that restaurant Wolfgang Yuck. Mighty Good Man enjoyed his squishy stuff- everyone else loved their food so I'd still go back to Wolfgang Puck's.

After lunch, we dodged the rain and walked the Grandparents back to their car. They are getting older and don’t like to be out too long. So after they left, we decided it was time to hit up our fave grocery store---Publix!!!!!!!

We needed some medicine- our colds were really starting to get the best of us- so we got Zicam, Vit C, Sudafed, Nyquil, Dayquil, Delsym… cough drops. You name it- we had it in the cart. Along with two jugs of Orange juice, some milk, cereal, pop tarts, Uncrustables--- you know, the staples, LOL. As we got into the car, Mighty Good Man became a thirsty lunatic and gulped down one whole entire carton of OJ. The kids eyes almost bugged out of their sockets. :eek: I said he was going to have to use the bathroom in the worst way and he made a comment I won’t say here. It had to do with the porcelain flying off the wall.

He wanted to run to WalMart to see if we could find another Gator flag for the car, since one of ours had popped off on the highway on the way to the AR/FL game. So we found the nearest one and he pulled up front in the loading zone and walked in, saying he’d be gone less than 5 minutes.

He was gone for all of 2 minutes when Officer Save the Day comes up behind the car and starts blowing the horn. WTH???? I truly was feeling like death at this point and I really didn’t have much patience for such a stunt.
Okay, it is here that I must apologize in advance to anyone who has a loved one in law enforcement. I have great admiration for any and all officers and usually I am not so contentious (okay, I am----- sometimes.) but really, I felt plain gross and this Officer really started out on the wrong foot with me and got on my nerves. So here we go… eek.:eek:

I sat there in the passenger seat, pretending to not hear him.

In a second, seeing that I’m not jumping to make things happen for Officer Save the Day, he gets out and hitches his pants up as he walks boldly to my side of the car. I have a vision of Roscoe P.Coltrain in my head. He stands there looking at me, and I sit there, looking at him. After a second, he realizes I’m still not cooperating and he gently but firmly taps on the window. I roll it down a smidge.

He says, in his best CHIPs impersonation “You’re going to have to move the car.” I sit there. “Do you hear me? I said you have to move the car.”
I calmly reply “No, I don’t think so.”

He almost lost it. “What?” he yells at me. I calmly say “This is a rental. I don’t believe I’m AUTHORIZED to be behind the wheel and I surely don’t want to break the law.” His face turned ten shades of red. “If you’re not AUTHORIZED,” he yells, “Then who is?” “My Husband,” I say. To which he replied- “Well where is he???” Hum, I don’t know, dumb behind, let’s see… well we’re in front of a Walmart, yep- oh I know! he must be …

“In there.” I said, pointing to the conspicuously hidden large brick building that proudly displayed the word "WALMART" on it and miles of people were walking into----(gosh he was dumb.) He stomped off muttering something about authorization or something another, I don’t know. About that time, Mighty Good Man comes out and sees Officer Safety behind us, waves to him and gets in and we leave.
I tell him the story and he laughs b/c DH is a vendor…

FOR Walmart.
If it weren’t for my DH and people like him, Officer Save the Day would have no buildings to patrol, no thirty something women to harass on vacation and certainly no pants to be hitchin up with no gun around his waist.
So there.:laughing:

Back to the resort we go and dump all of the groceries off. It’s then that I say to Mighty Good Man- "Get ready—we’re going to The Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours." And with that, he groans- loudly.

Up next---
Magic Kingdom, Whispering Canyon and “Mom, this is the stupidest place I ever been.”

When we got back to our room, I was surprised to see Mighty Good Man up, showered and…
working on his blackberry.

And this was a surprise why? :confused3 I thought all good husbands vacationed with blackberries attached to their fingertips. ;)

I have come to expect it- the only way I shall ever wrench that blackberry from his hands will be to get him on a cruise where there is no reception. Slow boat to China, anyone?

There is no reception on a cruise ship. :idea: Perhaps a I see a romantic vacation in my near future. :love:

Along the way we saw the new T-Rex restaurant and considered dining there.

This place looks super cool. I may have to check it out. :thumbsup2

He wanted to run to WalMart to see if we could find another Gator flag for the car, since one of ours had popped off on the highway on the way to the AR/FL game.

I hate it when we see a dead flag on the road. :sad1:

He was gone for all of 2 minutes when Officer Save the Day comes up behind the car

Was this a real cop or a faux cop? Ya know one who looks like a cop but isn't really a cop? ::cop: ::cop: Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. ;)

It’s then that I say to Mighty Good Man- "Get ready—we’re going to The Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours."

Yeah!!! I am so excited!! :yay:

Thanks for the pictures of T-Rex. :goodvibes It looks so cool!

Which Wolfgang did you go to? Express? Cafe? Or the Upstairs?

Great Update!!! Loved the interaction with the security guard I can just picture it in my head LOL!

Can't wait to hear about Magic Kingdom!!!

Well, the groaning from Mighty Good man slowed down and I looked out the window… it seemed the rain had subsided for a bit- long enough for us to jump back into the car and we were off to the TTC to catch the monorail to the MK! The kids were all so excited- I had told them that we weren’t going to a park that day- so they couldn’t wait to be walking right down the middle of Main Street USA. The parking lot didn’t look too crowded, so we had hope springing eternal from our congested chests. Sorry to anyone we might have infected. I swear that we doused ourselves liberally with germ-x often.

We only had a couple hours to be there- it was 4:30 when we arrived and it was a MNSSHP night- so the park would be closing promptly at 7:00. We were reminded of it often by the signs and the announcements over the loudsystem.

The Monorail ride was fun--
Here's Belle catching a glimpse of the entrance to the MK-
Floridagame215.jpg

Main Street, USA!!! I didn't evern cry! Yay me!
Floridagame216.jpg

Floridagame217.jpg

Floridagame219.jpg

Floridagame220.jpg

Floridagame222.jpg

We took a left and went over the bridge
Floridagame223.jpg

to- Adventureland!!!
Floridagame225.jpg

and there we saw my favorite thing in the world-----
Floridagame226.jpg

Didn't stop to get one, though. The lines seemed pretty short for all the rides- the rain had held people off and so we made short order of walking onto:
POTC-- Belle was determined not to let Davey Jones deter her- she just closed her eyes going thru the mist.:rotfl:

Splash:
Floridagame234.jpg

Floridagame241.jpg

HM- the kids thought the new additions were oh so cool- No pics though-

then we walked thru Fantasyland, riding Small World along the way
and on to Tomorrowland to walk onto
Buzz and the TTA.

Pics from the TTA-
Floridagame244.jpg

Floridagame246.jpg

Space had a 30 minute wait still so we left that for another day.

Up next--
that slow boat to China?
How about an empty boat to the Wilderness Lodge????

Jo

Great report so far :)
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here! I'm a stickler for the details... so in they go. :goodvibes
Thanks for the pictures of T-Rex. :goodvibes It looks so cool!

Which Wolfgang did you go to? Express? Cafe? Or the Upstairs?
We really wanted to go to Trex. every time we were there the line was insane. Maybe next trip! Wolfgang puck cafe, I think. It was the sit down restaurant but not upstairs.
Great Update!!! Loved the interaction with the security guard I can just picture it in my head LOL!

Can't wait to hear about Magic Kingdom!!!
ahh- that security guard. When my DH got in the car, Belle started yelling to him "Mommy got copped and it's all your fault!"

NC- he was the faux kind- no gun, no backup.:rotfl2:

Jo

I think we wrote at the same time!! Oh well, the kids look like they are having SO much fun at MK, especially since they didn't think they were going that day. Fun fun!!!:cool1:

Yeeeeah! More reading for my lunch break! :snooty:

LOL that faux cop had it coming Jo. :lmao: Good girl giving him a hard time!

I am so excited for our next trip! Those pics of Main street USA and Splash (my fav! :lovestruc ) got me sooooo excited!

I think I even caught a quick glimpse of the elusive Mighty Good Man in that picture to AL! :goodvibes

PS - Did you guys catch the steeler game last night? :teeth:

I love how you commented that you didn't cry on Main STreet. I thought I was the only dope that gets teary walking down Main! :sad: :lmao:

BTW - So glad that it was a faux cop.

I could just envision that the next time I am watching TV...

:happytv:

Bad boys, Bad boys
Whacha gonna do
Whacha gonna do when they come for you

Next on COPS...

JoBird is arrested for being in violation of her parking parole.

So we walked back to Main Street and said a sorrowful goodbye- just as the announcement began that MNSSHP was beginning in 15 minutes. For those of you who haven’t heard it- the announcer is the same man who does the voice over for the Haunted Mansion. He comes on- all over the park saying "Ahhh- There you are…” and proceeds to make you feel like a heel for still being in the park when the party is beginning so soon.

Everyone was making a bee line for the front. By the time we got to the Train Station, the monorail to the TTC was packed. It looked like maybe an hour wait- so we hopped onto the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. We’d never done that before, so as it was just beginning to get dark we had a boat ride all by ourselves to the beautiful resort. The walk from the landing to the pool area and beyond just blew me away. I’m a Southern Girl, born and raised in Charleston, SC- so seeing the moss dripping out of the trees and hearing the crickets and caddydids begin their singing- I felt like I was home in the Lowcountry.

We’ve never stayed at WL before, but had been there to visit friends in May and have dinner at Whispering Canyon. Our ressies were for 7:40 and we checked in right at 7- a tad early so they told us to have a seat or to look around the resort. Our lack of sleep was beginning to show and I had to sit for a spell. I went to the fireplace- and got in a rocking chair all warm and toasty. If I’d had a blanket, a cup of coffee and a good book, I would have been in Heaven.

Floridagame256.jpg

Floridagame254.jpg

DH took the kids to the pin trading station so that he could buy them each a pin. When they had been gone 10 minutes and I was good and drowsy, the pager went off. By 7:15 we were seated and our waitress showed up a second later.

Now I didn’t tell the kids about the themeing of the restaurant, I wanted it to be a surprise. So the waitress took our drink orders- the kids all had shakes (yum) and Mighty Good Man and I had water. As the waitress turned, she said “now I’ll be right back with them drinks for ya’ “ and with that- threw a handful of straws at the table and grabbed one and stuck it behind Belle’s ear. When she did that – Belle gasped and covered her mouth and said “Momma- she was naughty.” I laughed so hard. I told her that it was part of the dinner- it was like a show.

I’m not sure she understood it much because about that time, some waiter stood up on a chair and yelled for ketchup for the table next to us- and the procession of people stomping by us in the ketchup parade scared poor Belle half to death. She has Sensory Integration Disorder and so loud noises really throw her for a loop. I guess I should have taken that into consideration when I planned it. I had forgotten the earplugs.

Mighty Good Man and I both ordered the Trout with Maple Glaze and the kids ordered Mac and cheese and Cheeseburgers. The trout was wonderful. It was light yet filling. The kids liked their food except for Belle- she thought the mac was nasty.

Halfway thru the supper, the waiters brought out the barrel full of wooden horses. I told Belle and DrewBoy to go get one and be a part of the race. Drew was in his element. Belle, not so much.

Floridagame268.jpg

Drew came zipping in at lightening speed while Belle got somewhere in the middle of the race. When she sat down, she looked at me very perplexed and said “Momma, this is the stupidest place I ever been.” I howled. Because it was indeed stupid. Out of the mouths of babes. I suppose we won’t go back there again.

We were getting really tired- and we had an early day to get ready for – The Gator game was tomorrow! So we hopped another boat back (again, alone) to the Magic Kingdom-- all lit up for the party--
Floridagame250.jpg

so that we could get on the monorail and head for our car. On the way- we saw the Electric water pageant in the lagoon and the monorail ride was quiet.

We were in the resort and in the bed by 9:30.
It was a great day.

Up next---
Why oh why is it raining again???, UF vs Kentucky, and Percy Harvin remembers my DrewBoy!!!!

Yeeeeah! More reading for my lunch break! :snooty:

LOL that faux cop had it coming Jo. :lmao: Good girl giving him a hard time!

I am so excited for our next trip! Those pics of Main street USA and Splash (my fav! :lovestruc ) got me sooooo excited!

I think I even caught a quick glimpse of the elusive Mighty Good Man in that picture to AL! :goodvibes

PS - Did you guys catch the steeler game last night? :teeth:
Ahh, yes, the elusive Mighty good Man- I can't believe after all this time, you've never seen pics of him!:rotfl: You shall see my dear- tomorrow's edition!
I love how you commented that you didn't cry on Main STreet. I thought I was the only dope that gets teary walking down Main! :sad: :lmao:
Um, nope, I'm a dope! I cry over everything. I bawl during Wishes. I mean siffling, snorting, tears rolling down my face bawling my contacts out crying. Good to see I have company.:rotfl:

What are the new additions to Splash? School me. :teacher:
Oh sorry- I meant the new additions to the Haunted Mansion. Didn't mean Splash-
BTW - So glad that it was a faux cop.

I could just envision that the next time I am watching TV...

:happytv:

Bad boys, Bad boys
Whacha gonna do
Whacha gonna do when they come for you

Next on COPS...

JoBird is arrested for being in violation of her parking parole.

Okay- true confession time-
once many many moons ago when I was in television..
Inner Circle, who sang the Bad boys song- came to Charleston to my tv station to do a promotional for a local show we aired. The lead singer, the drummer and one other guy in the band needed a ride to the hotel- so I gave them a lift. Then the lead singer and one of my co workers started this torrid love affair and so we all got to go to one of their concerts and backstage for free.

There you have it- one of JoBird's finest moments.

:laughing:

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter