£ to $... should we buy now?

castanea1985

40 years of flying over the pond, and yes, I start
Hi all,
Just wondering what everyone's views are on the exchange rate at the moment. It has dropped quite a few cents in the last week or so. Should we buy now, or will it work its way back to to 1.80's.....????
Tracy

at HSBC you can get 1.91 which isn't so bad.

There is probaly better out there too?

Regarding knowing if it will get better you can't say.

I got a load at 1.89 quite a few months ago thinking this was great but then a couple of months later I got some at 1.99...who knew?

You just can't predict.

Good luck in getting a good deal!

We bought ours last month on the 2 for 1 deal, I noticed that it's dropped a little but - but you never know what could happen - it might go way over or drop. :confused3 one of those things I'm afraid.

I recently bought some at $1.94 and then $1.96 but to be honest anything over $1.90 is very good.
Personally I would buy some now.

I would buy now, the US economy is in a bit of a mess right now so i dont imagine it will be too lon before the US government steps in to rectify the situation . If your'e exchanging sums of £500 or over, shop around and you should be able to find a 2 for 1 deal.

I have found the best exchange rate to be at Marks and Spencers. Also use a Nationwide credit card - no charge for using abroad and they give a higher than normal exchange rate.:thumbsup2

Hi,
I was also wondering whether we should be buying our currency now? Check out the moneysupermarket.com, there appears to be a company called ICE on there offering 1.95 but there are a few others that I haven't looked at yet......
On this topic, am I best to purchase travellers cheques in sterling or dollars?? I don't really feel the need for them as we use credit cards an awful lot while we are away but DH insists we buy some........

Ali.

Hi,
I was also wondering whether we should be buying our currency now? Check out the moneysupermarket.com, there appears to be a company called ICE on there offering 1.95 but there are a few others that I haven't looked at yet......
On this topic, am I best to purchase travellers cheques in sterling or dollars?? I don't really feel the need for them as we use credit cards an awful lot while we are away but DH insists we buy some........

Ali.

dolars best bet they have never seen sterling over there and would have to go to a bank.dolar tc are treated like cash in shops
Paulh

Hi,

Ali.

We tend to just use Sterling Dollars, just find it easier. I suppose ideally a mixture is the best way of doing it, if you take TCs only whilst they can be used anywhere I personally would not want to make very small purchases with a TC, if you are just buying a bottle of water for example it's much better to have cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter