£ v $ dropping!

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
I've just bought $'s this morning on my FairFX card, noticed the rate has dropped to 1.58 to the £1! It hit 1.7 not so long ago!!

Any ideas for the sudden drop? I know the Scottish independence vote will have had some effect with the recent poll!

Kicking myself! Wish I'd have bought at 1.7!

As you say I think it's mostly nervousness about the Scottich referendum. With the recent poll showing it to be neck and neck the outcome is more uncertain than previously thought. Markets hate uncertainty so the pound is getting sold.
I think until the result is known the rate is going to be volatile - it may well pop back up again if polls show the No vote more in the lead again...

I just bought at 1.58 this morning - kicking myself that I didn't buy months ago at 1.68! Oh well, lesson learned :)

I sure if they vote No then there will be a bounce.:jumping3:

Also the Royal Baby might help give the economy a bit of a lift

I’m going to risk it and wait it out as I have confidence it'll be okay. :scratchin

But I wouldn't listen to me as I waited in 2010 and went away during the election and the coalition uncertainty which made pound/dollar rate really low...:badpc:

It sure has dipped the last month, just looked at our card bill and on 6th August we got a rate of 1.697...

I pay my dvc via fairfx and last month got 1.655 this month going to be a lot lower. Never mind always put a few extra dollars on but hope it hits 1.60 again soon

Good News Everyone :banana::banana:

I've just checked the Market Data on the BBC website and the pound has increased a whopping 0.09% :eek: against the dollar. :woohoo:

Now don't go spend the increase all at once :lmao:

Already booked my trip but been looking at wdtc and doesn't appear prices change with fx. Not sure the point of my post just thought it was interesting!

Went to buy dollars today... got $1.56 to the pound. Irritated that I didn't push harder to get them last week like I told the husband type. No No says he. They'll go up says he... :sad2:

Ah well.... thems the breaks.

Fingers crossed they go back up a bit more hey!

When we went April 13 we got about 1.48 I think, then November 13 to Vegas was about 1.56 maybe? I got better rates in February this year for NYC!

I knew I should have bought at 1.7! Booooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter