ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Wow! Only 3 more days!!!

I've made some bright (almost neon) green Mickey heads that say

Team August
FlaNani

If you see it say hi! I can't wait to get there!!!!!

The humidity and heat was pretty rough, but bringing a water bottle was a lifesaver. It was so refreshing to have ice cold water on demand!

The crowds were pretty consistent, with Magic Kingdom giving us the most problems. For example, we bee-lined to Enchanted Tales with Belle at park opening, but it was closed. They told us Papa Maurice had made a mess and they weren't sure when it would be cleaned up. When we finally got in, we waited for a couple of cycles before being passed over, so that they could fit in a group of three instead of our party of four. So we had to wait for yet another cycle of the storytime. Also, my DH was on the Aladdin Carpet Ride when something caused them to shut it down and get everyone off the ride. Guests were eventually able to reboard, but it again caused schedule delays. Also, BOG was a mess. After waiting up to an hour in line for lunch, the queue was not equitably divided. This meant that guests who had been waiting for a long time (like my party and those behind us) were watching the line next to us fly by, when they had not been waiting as long as we had. Guests behind us were properly upset and voiced their concerns, of which, nothing came of it. It was just constant issues like that which drained our time and energy. But, we did what we could and had a good time regardless.

Ugh, frustrating indeed!!! Glad to hear the issues didn't ruin your fun :thumbsup2 .

Heat has been pretty consistent with the other August trips we've had. Crowds were the worst t magic kingdom on Sunday though yesterday t Epcot they weren't too bad! I believe more county's go back to school this Monday so parks will be less crowded again, we've been seeing a lot of people leaving each day ;-)

Pool time is a godsend!

Here's to lower crowds and livable temps this coming week! :cool2:

Hey, did either of you visit TL or BB? If so, how did you find the crowds/lines there?

Ugh, frustrating indeed!!! Glad to hear the issues didn't ruin your fun :thumbsup2 .

Hey, did either of you visit TL or BB? If so, how did you find the crowds/lines there?

We did BB yesterday it wasn't too bad, though my girls weren't interested in the largest two slides we rode most everything else. The bobsled racers were the longest line of 45 mins.

We are here! Got here Tuesday night.

Did Epcot yesterday. MagicBands are working great. Very easy to spend money! LOL

Did MK today. We about died in the heat! Line for BOG lunch was over the second bridge, so we have that a pass. While we were eating, DD decided she wanted to go on HM with DS and me, so I switched DD's and MIL's FP+ with the app with no issues.

We are staying pool view preferred at POP. Will never do that again. Pool quiet hours are not being enforced. Some loud kids were in there until 3am. Lots of irate guests here.

We are on the way to DTD for dinner and shopping now.
Back to Epcot tomorrow.

We are staying pool view preferred at POP. Will never do that again. Pool quiet hours are not being enforced. Some loud kids were in there until 3am. Lots of irate guests here.

We are in the 60's preferred, first floor, on the backside of pool view. It's very quiet in our location.

Sorry it's so loud where you are.

Met Princessx3 in the BOG potty while we wrangled our little princesses. Thanks LGMH. Works every time!!

Found the crowds to be awful last weekend but then die down a bit during the week. The heat consistently was almost unbearable. We didn't mind the pass through storms but the last couple days were cloudy and lingering storms/rain which sucked. Can't believe in a few hours we are out of here. So sad!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Also we were in the 70's building 6 4th floor this week an it was very quiet!

Found the crowds to be awful last weekend but then die down a bit during the week. The heat consistently was almost unbearable. We didn't mind the pass through storms but the last couple days were cloudy and lingering storms/rain which sucked. Can't believe in a few hours we are out of here. So sad!

We braved the storms. Cloudy means no sun burns and we only really needed the ponchos Sunday night when that big storm hit.

We arrived in Syracuse, NY late last evening. Had to wait to leave until after our DS finished his final summer camp shift at the YMCA. We had a less than 5 minute wait at the border.....what a way to kick off a vacation :cool1: !

Our flight leaves mid-afternoon so we won't arrive in Orlando until about 6:30 tonight. We upgraded our seats with JetBlue to "Even More Space" when we checked in online yesterday, so my fellas are excited. They have always wanted to try these roomier seats and all the perks that go with them (priority boarding, "Even More Speed" security lines, etc.).

I'm not the best air traveller in the world :crazy2:, so I'm just hoping for a smooth and uneventful flight with no airsickness!!! I am always relieved just to get my feet back on the soil.

The guys are getting excited......its fun to see them both so "into" it. DH told me last night that he wants to go on an airboat ride again this trip, which is super cool (I *loved* it on our Christmas vacation!). I love having a couple of unscheduled days that we can just go with the flow!!

Here now, at Typhoon Lagoon. Got here right at 9:00, found a nice spot in the shade. Crowds were light for the first hour...now it's pretty busy. The tubes in the lazy river ard bumper to bumper...LOL. AoA is awesome, surpassed all of our expectations. The only complaint is, the cars suite building we ard in isn't very sound proof. We can hear water running and toilets flushing above us. Going to MK tonight for dessert party!!! So happy!

I was at TL loved it! Wed lines werent bad at all

Just leaving stayed at Poly cl since Sunday. Had a great time. Loved the new rooms at Poly. Crowds weren't too bad. We did go early and take afternoon breaks. It was hot but drank lots of water and took breaks. We never used our ponchos. We didnt go to a park Sunday night it was pouring that night! We ate at cm dinner, cp breakfast, castle breakfast, ohana breakfast, via napoli, 1900 park and hoop dee doo. Daughter loved bbbb. It was worth it!

Limited time magic for those of us arriving next week. :thumbsup2

Celebrate the "Dog Days of Summer"
August 26 to September 2, 2013

The "Dog Days of Summer" are coming to an end, but with a little Limited Time Magic, there's still another chance to party during this celebration of man's best friend! Wag your way over to Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom park, where you can dance along to the tunes of DJ K-9, right alongside popular Disney pups like Pluto, Bolt and Dug too. You may even spot Lilo's "dog" Stitch crashing the block party while you enjoy all the fun games, tasty food and refreshing cool zones—including the watery antics of Drip the fire hydrant. Don't miss this chance celebrate the summertime before it's gone completely to the dogs!

We returned home late Tuesday, and have been swamped catching up with work :sad1:

Our trip was fantastic! Mini review:

Resort - Poly CL was amazing! The resort is just so beautiful and relaxing - you can feel the tension just drain out of you when you walk in and smell the lobby :lovestruc The Hawaii building is in the perfect location - right next to the pool and the beach. The food was fantastic and the lounge is such a wonderful perk. Our mousekeepers were wonderful - had a new towel animal each day, and they'd do cute things with DS8's stuffed animals too. Also, our room was always cleaned by the time we returned for an afternoon break (around 3pm). It will be hard to stay anywhere else :goodvibes

Weather - it was hot, but didn't seem as bad as other years to us. We carried a cooler full of water bottles and spray fans into the park each day, and spent the afternoon hours either in air conditioning or at the pool. I think I felt really sweaty only once or twice, and cooled down quickly. It did storm every day (except our first day 8/13), but it never interfered with our plans. We were either in an attraction, at dinner, or on the way back to the resort. A couple of the storms looked pretty nasty though, so we were lucky.

Crowds - probably worse than previous years. Seemed more like spring break crowds than late summer crowds to us. The trick was to arrive at rope drop - we were able to ride 4-5 rides in the first hour, but by 11am(ish) waits for most rides were over 30 minutes, with the headliners at 60 or more. Toy Story Mania was over 100 minutes most of the two days we were there. :scared:

Food - We ate at a couple of new places this year. Cape May Cafe was really good! The crab was wonderful, and they have a lot of other offerings on the buffet. DH and younger boys don't eat seafood, but they had plenty to fill them up. :goodvibes Also ate at Via Napoli, which the boys LOVED. Personally, I wasn't that impressed (sorry fans!!). It was just okay, and seemed really expensive to me for pizza :confused3. DS16 and I were able to get right into BOG for lunch on our last day (8/13) - granted we were there really early, about 10:50am, but my main reason was to see it and get pics, so that worked for us. We both got the grilled ham & cheese and it was tasty.

Overall, it was a really awesome vacation! The kids had a blast and unanimously voted for another WDW vacation next year :cheer2:

Hope everyone there now is having a great time!!

We braved the storms. Cloudy means no sun burns and we only really needed the ponchos Sunday night when that big storm hit.

Yes, we had the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise that night and it was cancelled :(

we arrived home at 4am this morning after 22 hours travelling. Our first flight was delayed because they forgot to turn on the AC on the plane in the morning in Orlando and it was too hot for us to get on, so we had to wait 20 minutes. Then, for some reason, the lady only checked our bags to our first stop in Charlotte, not all the way home. So when we arrived in Charlotte we had to get our bags and check them again...we knew this would be hard as we only had 1.5 hrs to do it, and just lost 20 minutes leaving. Anyway, in Charlotte the baggage doors jammed and we had to wait an hour and half for our luggage, meaning we missed our connection. Next available flight...7 hours away, meaning we also miss our next connection...it was one long day, but we made it home eventually. Sad it is only a 4 hour direct flight to Orlando for us, but using Aeroplan you have to take the milk run!

The trip was awesome though, the weather was soooo hot, but we only had that one night of rain that fooled up plans. Ohanas and BOG were awesome. The Keys to the Kingdom tour was excellent and we had a beautiful morning for it (we even got to sneak into a couple of rides through the exit, which beats waiting for those long lines) The Cirque du Soleil was excellent also.

We ended our trip with 3 nights at Royal Pacific at Universal and that was a very nice spot. We went to the Blue Man group show and it was great, maybe my favorite thing on the whole trip. The crowds at Universal were much more bearable then Disney, but it was this week when the crowds everywhere were lower. We had early park admission to both Universal parks and had everything we wanted to do finished by lunch time both days, leaving lots of pool and suntanning time :beach:

I hope everyone leaving and or already there have great trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter