‘AMA‘AMA - Contemporary Island Cooking

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Our family of 5 will be at Aulani in June. We have reservations for ‘AMA‘AMA - Contemporary Island Cooking, however i have some questions about kids menu. We have a 9, 11 and 13 year old whom almost always prefer the kids menu over adult meals. Can our 11 and 13 year old order from the kids menu if they don't like any options from the adult menu (This questions isn't about the cost difference between kids menu options and adult menu option)? I want to be able to enjoy this beach restranuant without having to hear my kids complain about food options on the adult menu. Seems short sided to require 10 to maybe 13 year olds to order food they simply will not eat and complain about.

I guess I'm asking how picky will Disney be about an 11 year old wanting a kids pizza over fresh seafood? I'd love some feedback from people with kids 10 and over...

My kids have ordered from both menus with no issues - last time we went (April 2018) they were 8, 11 and 13.

My kids have ordered from both menus with no issues - last time we went (April 2018) they were 8, 11 and 13.

Thank you so much for this information. My wife was afraid we may have issues with tired kids wanting kids menu items and being just a little to old.

Our daughter was 12 when we stayed at Aulani last August. We dined at Ama-Ama twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Her palate has thankfully started to develop beyond the "kids basics" over the past couple of years, and honestly she more often than not wants ("because I am 12 and not a kid anymore") to at least see both menus before she makes her selections. For all three of our meals, she asked to see both menus, which they happily provided to her. Ultimately, she ended up choosing from the "adult" menu each time. She actually felt bad about it during our dinner given the prices, but I simply told her that it was our splurge meal. She sighed with a smile and absolutely LOVED her steak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter