“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this if it needs to be inside? We might be running in a downpour!
It's called the Norway Loft and it's on the second floor at the Norway pavilion. They'll be signage on the promenade near the outdoor location and all guests are notified by phone at the phone number on the rez if and when it is changed.

Thanks! We didn't get a call or message or anything (although with the thunderstorm we figured). The first three cast members we asked didn't know where it was & the one with Anna & Elsa didn't know there was a dessert party in Norway ;-)

It was fantastic though!! The drinks were fun & the desserts were delicious. It was nice to have the fondue too.

I was very impressed with the fox of allergy friendly treats a child nearby got even though she had multiple pretty difficult allergies.

My daughter loved the glasses & the photopass photographer!

Woo-hoo booked Christmas Eve:yay::santa: our arrival day.
Christmas day was our Epcot day but no dessert parties that Monday Tuesday or Wednesday. Had to rearrange a few things but so excited to be able to book this one along with MK dessert party on December 30th at 10:40pm:goodvibes

Staying at Beach Club Villas so this will be a nice start to a magical vacation.

Hope evryone finds what they're looking for:thumbsup2

We did this last night. It was a total bust. And I have some advice for people that book this... don't do it near the end of your trip.

The weather has been somewhat rainy so it was no surprise it was held inside. However... it was incredibly packed in. I literally could not get from my seat (Table 10) without asking people to get up from other tables. And I'm not big... the table layout was just about as dumb as possible. That alone made for a bad experience. I know why it has to be inside, but come on! Find somewhere that can accommodate the party size. It's also a lot more people than I thought... 12-ish tables of 10 people.

Now why you should NOT do this last or near the end of your trip. Frozen was down. I know it's down a lot, so keep that in mind. They offered soarin as an alternative but my kids are both too short. They offered to let us rider swap, but that's no fun. So yeah... no ride for us. They also gave people fastpasses for frozen until the end of the month, but we are leaving today. So no luck for us. They told us "thanks for understanding".

I thought the viewing location was nice and luckily not raining. But that plus some okay desserts (the brownie was good) was no way worth what we paid. Oh well, I booked this for dec 28, but going to cancel it. I was hoping the desserts at these parties would be tastier than typical club level desserts, but they are pretty comparable (meaning they are good/decent but not great).

Your experience may/will vary, and I'm sure it's nicer when rain isn't predicted.

Thanks! We didn't get a call or message or anything (although with the thunderstorm we figured). The first three cast members we asked didn't know where it was & the one with Anna & Elsa didn't know there was a dessert party in Norway ;-)

It was fantastic though!! The drinks were fun & the desserts were delicious. It was nice to have the fondue too.

I was very impressed with the fox of allergy friendly treats a child nearby got even though she had multiple pretty difficult allergies.

My daughter loved the glasses & the photopass photographer!

Photopass photographer? There was not one on Sunday. :-(

And ours was inside (see details above) and we also did not receive a call.

We didn't get a call or message or anything
As of about a week ago, that was still the process. Maybe it's been changed and calls are no longer made.
The first three cast members we asked didn't know where it was
That's not surprising and is very common. It's considered a special event and the vast majority of Epcot CMs are not in the loop when it comes to special events. Having said that, the location is posted on MDE and guests should make a point of knowing where to go before the party. If it does get moved, there is signage at the outdoor location informing and directing guests to Norway.
the one with Anna & Elsa didn't know there was a dessert party in Norway
Again, not surprising. Because the event is not put on by the Norway attraction, most Norway CMs aren't aware of the details regarding the party. You can blame that on Norway's management, they should have a program in place informing CMs.

Photopass photographer? There was not one on Sunday. :-(

And ours was inside (see details above) and we also did not receive a call.

Yeah there was a photopass photographer walking around. She wasn't doing organized shots, she had a sign and took pics of kids holding the sign... I thought she was taking more than actually showed up but they were cute. Were you in the back room with the grown up drinks? We were able to walk around pretty easily depending on how people were sitting but were at table 1 so the back of the big room.

We liked the food (only suggestion would be warmer cheese for the fondue) and water bottles with the soda.

The frozen ride being down would really stink. Sounds like they really tried to make up for it but just didn't work out for your family - that stinks!!

Sounds like a good recommendation not to do it the last night.

Do you know how far in advance you have to change your reservation?

As of about a week ago, that was still the process. Maybe it's been changed and calls are no longer made.
That's not surprising and is very common. It's considered a special event and the vast majority of Epcot CMs are not in the loop when it comes to special events. Having said that, the location is posted on MDE and guests should make a point of knowing where to go before the party. If it does get moved, there is signage at the outdoor location informing and directing guests to Norway.
Again, not surprising. Because the event is not put on by the Norway attraction, most Norway CMs aren't aware of the details regarding the party. You can blame that on Norway's management, they should have a program in place informing CMs.

Ahh that makes sense - it was tough bc it was raining so hard that with glasses on it was hard to see and so we just kept asking every time we ran under an overhang or something. It seems like it would be nice to let the Norway cast members know just to make things easier but it was manageable. It was funny bc more than one recommended we ask the cast member at akershus bc "they know everything"

Yeah there was a photopass photographer walking around. She wasn't doing organized shots, she had a sign and took pics of kids holding the sign... I thought she was taking more than actually showed up but they were cute. Were you in the back room with the grown up drinks? We were able to walk around pretty easily depending on how people were sitting but were at table 1 so the back of the big room.

We liked the food (only suggestion would be warmer cheese for the fondue) and water bottles with the soda.

The frozen ride being down would really stink. Sounds like they really tried to make up for it but just didn't work out for your family - that stinks!!

Sounds like a good recommendation not to do it the last night.

Do you know how far in advance you have to change your reservation?

If there was a photopass photog, they never came to our room. I'm even more annoyed now.

Yeah, we were in the back room with adult drinks. I think 3 or 4 tables were crammed in there. And we were in a table crammed in a corner. It was incredibly annoying to feel stuck in your seat without asking at least two people to get up... if that is the best that can be done, a new location is needed.

I think most people were satisfied with soarin + paper FP for frozen. Just didn't work for us and kids were super sad. Oh well, will save us some money not doing it again in December.

If there was a photopass photog, they never came to our room. I'm even more annoyed now.

Yeah, we were in the back room with adult drinks. I think 3 or 4 tables were crammed in there. And we were in a table crammed in a corner. It was incredibly annoying to feel stuck in your seat without asking at least two people to get up... if that is the best that can be done, a new location is needed.

I think most people were satisfied with soarin + paper FO for frozen. Just didn't work for us and kids were super sad. Oh well, will save us some money not doing it again in December.
Kinda of a dumb question, but what if you're not planning on returning to Epcot during your vacation if Frozen is down? do they offer an additional fastpass to use in another park?

Kinda of a dumb question, but what if you're not planning on returning to Epcot during your vacation if Frozen is down? do they offer an additional fastpass to use in another park?

From what I heard, if you were ok with soarin, but didn't want the paper frozen FP you didn't get anything else. At least that was true at my and one other table.

From what I heard, if you were ok with soarin, but didn't want the paper frozen FP you didn't get anything else. At least that was true at my and one other table.
It seems nice that they did offer soarin as a option to replace frozen, but i feel they shoulda used Test Track as the backup, it's a much more grander attraction.

I wonder if they could have opened the frozen gift shop enough for you to be able to buy your kids a little toy to feel better for not getting to ride...

It seems nice that they did offer soarin as a option to replace frozen, but i feel they shoulda used Test Track as the backup, it's a much more grander attraction.

The problem with either replacement is the height restriction. My kids can't ride test track or soarin.

I have a thought, fix the stupid ride so it's reliable.
The problem with that is if it is raining, Test Track closes down.
Why does the ride break so often? Is it one of those things that would cost a lot to really fix so they keep putting bandaids on it?

@FastPasser., I want to pass on my feedback about indoor seating (see above), lack of suitable ride options, and no photopass... should I email guest communications? Or another email? Thanks.

If you have a ride option that could be implemented considering the circumstances, let them know what it is.

It should be something without a height limitation, since this is geared mostly to younger kids (at least that's why we did it). Like meeting Anna & Elsa... that would have been great and more attractive than FEA anyhow (since FEA can be FP+'d, while A&E not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter