“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "tomorrow" - Friday - and still no September dates on MDE. Looks like many of us are just hanging in there and hoping - last thing that I need to book to complete our plan.

This^^. Same here. I don’t mind waiting to book so much as not knowing when the parties are going to be offered. Hoping at least one of our Epcot days will fall on a party day. Made the mistake of telling my kiddo about it before I found out how challenging it is to actually book. Our worlds won’t end if we don’t get to attend, but sure would love to if possible. This is our last Disney trip for several years and we missed the Epcot nighttime show last trip. Fingers crossed everyone gets to book the dates they want soon!

It's "tomorrow" - Friday - and still no September dates on MDE. Looks like many of us are just hanging in there and hoping - last thing that I need to book to complete our plan.

Exactly. This is the last thing I need to take care of before I can stop thinking about this trip and just wait for it to come. It isn't the end of the world if we can't do it, but it is just annoying that it isn't available yet and I need to keep checking for it.

This^^. Same here. I don’t mind waiting to book so much as not knowing when the parties are going to be offered. Hoping at least one of our Epcot days will fall on a party day. Made the mistake of telling my kiddo about it before I found out how challenging it is to actually book. Our worlds won’t end if we don’t get to attend, but sure would love to if possible. This is our last Disney trip for several years and we missed the Epcot nighttime show last trip. Fingers crossed everyone gets to book the dates they want soon!

This is also the last thing I need to book to complete my plans. Its very frustrating that Disney has absolutely no information on this party past August. I can certainly wait to book but I don't understand the harm in at least releasing the schedules so people can plan. We've attended this party in the past and really enjoyed it so wanted to do it for what may be the last time with this show but my 30 days is Sunday and I do not really want to rearrange my itinerary at this point. We've decided if it's not offered on the day we have planned to attend were sadly going to pass on it.

Just for fun I looked last night at today's available FP and I noticed a bunch of times for Frozen Ever After. Is this normal now?

Just for fun I looked last night at today's available FP and I noticed a bunch of times for Frozen Ever After. Is this normal now?

When I called Wednesday about this party the CM I was speaking with said that chatter among them was that this party was losing popularity and possibly why the dates are delayed/wont be continued. Maybe there's some truth to that if FEA FPs are available? People can utilize a FP instead of paying for the party in order to ride, which I believe was the main reason a lot of people were booking this.

Whatever they are doing I just wish they would do it already and put us all out of this waiting misery.

When I called Wednesday about this party the CM I was speaking with said that chatter among them was that this party was losing popularity and possibly why the dates are delayed/wont be continued. Maybe there's some truth to that if FEA FPs are available? People can utilize a FP instead of paying for the party in order to ride, which I believe was the main reason a lot of people were booking this.

Whatever they are doing I just wish they would do it already and put us all out of this waiting misery.

They could always decrease the price a lil and not include the fast pass!

When I called Wednesday about this party the CM I was speaking with said that chatter among them was that this party was losing popularity and possibly why the dates are delayed/wont be continued.
I'm appalled. Unless it's written down and in front of them, most phone CMs are clueless as to what actually goes on in the real world of Walt Disney World. It's disappointing and unprofessional for a CM to divulge to callers what's been discussed off line between CMs, especially if those phone CMs they're chatting with are clueless as well.

Something is going on regarding the release of the dates, but it's certainly not because the party is unpopular. Every time I've been there, which has been frequently, it's been sold out and I've heard nothing but good things from guests.

I'm appalled. Unless it's written down and in front of them, most phone CMs are clueless as to what actually goes on in the real world of Walt Disney World. It's disappointing and unprofessional for a CM to divulge to callers what's been discussed off line between CMs, especially if those phone CMs they're chatting with are clueless as well.

Something is going on regarding the release of the dates, but it's certainly not because the party is unpopular. Every time I've been there, which has been frequently, it's been sold out and I've heard nothing but good things from guests.

Sounds like Disney needs to go to the Call center and retrain folks in what they should be saying to guests.

Trying to be optimistic. I just assumed the party was going to be scheduled eventually and didn’t book a Frozen FP. There are some available but they don’t work into our plans.

I called this afternoon and spoke with a CM regarding the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. She was surprised that the dates were not avail and said would be shocked if dates are not released very soon because there isn’t a lot of time to plan for guests. She said any CM that is telling you specific dates about an event being released would be just making it up. She also suggested that the Disney Blog would release info first if something was going to change or be cancelled with this dessert party. She also said they (CM) do not get their information much earlier than the general public does.
So I guess we all just keep waiting and checking. It certainly is frustrating. Hoping the powers that be would please hurry up and make decisions so we can get on with planning our vacations.

Last edited:
What appears to be an effort to clarify what phone CMs know and don't know, IMO, this phone CM muddied the waters.
She said any CM that is telling you specific dates about an event being released would be just making it up.
I'm assuming they meant any phone CM.

Case in point:
The CM that called a previous poster to inform them about the party time change, and if she was telling her the truth about being the CM that submits the dates, was not making it up. She was expressing an accurate or hopeful opinion. It didn't turn out the way she said, but that specific CM wasn't making it up.
She also suggested that the Disney Blog would release info first if something was going to change or be cancelled with this dessert party.
Yes and no. Often, I've read stuff on the internal CM website "the HUB" before seeing it on the DPB. In many cases it never made onto the DPB.
She also said they (CM) do not get their information much earlier than the general public does.
Again, I'm assuming they're referring to phone CMs?

Is there any chance that things like this would get released over the weekend or should I hold off on checking again until Monday? Like many here, this is now the last piece of my vacation planning, so I’ve been checking once or twice a day, but I won’t bother if I know that a certain day won’t change anything.

Still trying to decide if we'll be doing this on our next trip and Disney is sure trying to make the decision easy for us. Our trip isn't until December but since it's so up in the air right now I don't want to change any plans around for something that may not happen. The funny thing is that this dessert party is listed under 2018 Holiday Events and Celebrations. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays/

Last edited:
After MONTHS of planning/researching/booking Restaurants, Fastpass and shows/tours, THIS is the only thing holding me back from just sitting back and waiting for my trip. lol

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter