“Unlocking door(s)” to resort before arrival

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
This is new to me…do you have to be physically close for it to work? What doors are they talking about? Your room? This is the message I’m getting when I try:

*i am not close

Attachments

• D0E43774-AC40-4289-9CA6-FDE39ED9D6AB.png
    D0E43774-AC40-4289-9CA6-FDE39ED9D6AB.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 29
  • BF454AB4-19A5-4C90-9008-CBAE7279CBCD.png
    BF454AB4-19A5-4C90-9008-CBAE7279CBCD.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 29
Hotel Common Areas are like the pool and closed exterior gates. Your phone will work to open those even if your room isn’t ready yet.

Once your room is ready, you'll be able to open your room door as well. You do have to be right next to the door to do it. You sort of tap the lock area with your phone. We used this exclusively on our last trip and never had to get other room keys or go to the front desk.

We had less luck using it for common area doors like the pool (although that may have been user error on our part).

Just got back from stay at DLH and we did the online check in- our room was "ready" that afternoon while boarding our plane at 5 CT.
Just like noted above your phone has to have Bluetooth turned on and you just hold your phone with the room key screen up against the door lock.
Often times I had to go out of the screen and reload it to work.
Same thing for getting into the pool area or any other hotel entrance.
We were able to skip the front desk check in and go straight to our room on arrival.
We did end up getting a key for my DS for when I stayed at the pool and he wanted to go back up to the room.
We were too lazy to set him up with the Disneyland app.

Any other ?s I can try to answer?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter