•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hi everyone. New owners at Copper Creek with October UY.

First trip as owners to be planned for August/September 2020. Long time away but can't wait!!!

nyJedi/March2019/October

:welcome: and Congrats!! Happy you found us!! That’s awesome you planned your welcome home trip!! Something special to look forward to!! Any questions, please feel free to ask! I already added you to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Welcome, nyJedi!

For those of you who have been at CCV for a while, how difficult has it been to book one bedrooms and studios? Do you feel like you have to book at 8am 11 months out?

Also, have any of you been able to use your CCV points for other WDW DVC resorts?

Hi Everyone, my husband and I will be staying in a Copper Creek studio with a walk-in shower in June, and are very excited as its our first time to Wilderness Lodge! I was wondering what views these studios have, do any look onto Bay Lake, or are they mainly pool or woods view?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Welcome, nyJedi!

For those of you who have been at CCV for a while, how difficult has it been to book one bedrooms and studios? Do you feel like you have to book at 8am 11 months out?

Also, have any of you been able to use your CCV points for other WDW DVC resorts?
In our experience we have generally had all the room types and options available to us at the 11 month mark, but that was for September and February trips. We have seen situations where studios were not available very near the 11 month mark, particularly for holiday weekends and late December. Availability seems to be fairly steady after the initial rush of bookings at 11 months, but after the bookings open up to everyone there seems to be very little availability, except for Cabins.

Last edited:
Welcome, nyJedi!

We were able to book 2 nights at Boardwalk Villas for our upcoming May trip so we could be close to Epcot for Flower and Garden Festival. I dont know how close we were to the 7 month window but I'm guessing we were pretty close to it. It really depends on the time of year you want to go. We are huge planners so 11 months out isn't a big deal.

We were able to book 2 nights at Boardwalk Villas for our upcoming May trip so we could be close to Epcot for Flower and Garden Festival. I dont know how close we were to the 7 month window but I'm guessing we were pretty close to it. It really depends on the time of year you want to go. We are huge planners so 11 months out isn't a big deal.

Got it. Enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival! I was just there last week, and it was lovely.

Hi Everyone, my husband and I will be staying in a Copper Creek studio with a walk-in shower in June, and are very excited as its our first time to Wilderness Lodge! I was wondering what views these studios have, do any look onto Bay Lake, or are they mainly pool or woods view?

@GrandCalifornian has excellent room number schematics for each floor of CC on Page 1. Based on these, and my experience at CC just last month, you have better than average odds of getting a lake and/or pool view. There are a few rooms tucked away it appears, but most look out over either the main Lodge pool or the new DVC pool. Most of those room will have at least a glimpse of the lake, as well. That said, even the woods views at WL are lovely and largely quiet.

Welcome, nyJedi!

As others have said, part of the answer is based on the time you travel. If you plan to book a CC studio, in particular, during the holiday season then I highly advise you be ready at the 8am/11mos time frame. There are a few other times (e.g., Princess 1/2 marathon seemed particularly busy booking-wise this year) where it could be advisable, as well. Additionally, many of the points sold to CC owners had the cachet of being able to book a cabin; however, few owners actually wind up with enough points to book a cabin, and to maximize their purchase, they then turn to studios and 1BRs. That being said, my wife and I booked a studio right at 7 months for our stay last month and had no issues. As for the second inquiry, with a little planning and flexibility, you should be able to use your CC points for other resorts without too much issue. AGAIN, however, it depends on timing. For example, trying to get anything at BWI or BCV during the Food and Wine festival at the 7-month point is tough, as is attempting to stay at VGF during the holidays or VGC anytime. However, if you are willing to stay at an easier to reserve resort such as SSR, OKW, or sometimes AKL, there is often room at these even with 4-5 months or later. Further, waitlists and stalking the RAT are good strategies. They don't always work, but sometimes they do, even for hard to get reservations. It's true that largely gone are days when you could spontaneously book a room at pretty much any resort within a couple of months of heading down to Disney. Still, persistence and flexibility will often land you at least SOME spot to stay if you're willing to compromise. Hope this answers your question! ;)

I apologize, I meant to quote and reply to your message, but I replied regarding the post above yours. Fortunately @sleepydog25 answered it, you will almost certainly have a view of the water in some form. The only Copper Creek rooms that totally can't see the water from their balconies are the ones that open to the lobby above the registration desk on the 5th and 6th floor, but there are no studios there. Since you have a walk in shower studio, you will likely be on the second floor or higher. The higher you get the better the views are, but you will either face the main pool courtyard or the Boulder Ridge Cove courtyard. The best lake views are probably from x103 or x115 rooms that have balconies that face the water. The rooms with the least lake view are probably the x112 rooms that face Boulder Ridge far from the water, but you can still catch a glimpse of the bay from there. Before the Copper Creek conversion, all of these rooms were classified as courtyard view.

Congratulations, happy planning, and enjoy your first visit to our beloved Lodge! We expect that you will fall in love with it as well.

@GrandCalifornian has excellent room number schematics for each floor of CC on Page 1. Based on these, and my experience at CC just last month, you have better than average odds of getting a lake and/or pool view. There are a few rooms tucked away it appears, but most look out over either the main Lodge pool or the new DVC pool. Most of those room will have at least a glimpse of the lake, as well. That said, even the woods views at WL are lovely and largely quiet.

As others have said, part of the answer is based on the time you travel. If you plan to book a CC studio, in particular, during the holiday season then I highly advise you be ready at the 8am/11mos time frame. There are a few other times (e.g., Princess 1/2 marathon seemed particularly busy booking-wise this year) where it could be advisable, as well. Additionally, many of the points sold to CC owners had the cachet of being able to book a cabin; however, few owners actually wind up with enough points to book a cabin, and to maximize their purchase, they then turn to studios and 1BRs. That being said, my wife and I booked a studio right at 7 months for our stay last month and had no issues. As for the second inquiry, with a little planning and flexibility, you should be able to use your CC points for other resorts without too much issue. AGAIN, however, it depends on timing. For example, trying to get anything at BWI or BCV during the Food and Wine festival at the 7-month point is tough, as is attempting to stay at VGF during the holidays or VGC anytime. However, if you are willing to stay at an easier to reserve resort such as SSR, OKW, or sometimes AKL, there is often room at these even with 4-5 months or later. Further, waitlists and stalking the RAT are good strategies. They don't always work, but sometimes they do, even for hard to get reservations. It's true that largely gone are days when you could spontaneously book a room at pretty much any resort within a couple of months of heading down to Disney. Still, persistence and flexibility will often land you at least SOME spot to stay if you're willing to compromise. Hope this answers your question! ;)

Yes, thanks for the advice and very thorough response! We are planners, and we avoid the holidays, so I think we should be fine with the 11 month mark.

I was just thinking that at some point it would be nice to try out some of the other resorts.

Hi everyone, We are new owners and have booked our first stay at CCV for the first full week of Feb in a deluxe studio. We have enough points for the one bedroom villa and they still available. Is the upgrade worth it?

For me, yes. It depends on what you are using the room for. Are you going to take advantage of the kitchen and/or the washer/dryer? Are you planning on spending significant time in the room (or on the Wilderness Lodge grounds) or is it just a place to sleep and you will be in the parks all day?

Hi everyone, We are new owners and have booked our first stay at CCV for the first full week of Feb in a deluxe studio. We have enough points for the one bedroom villa and they still available. Is the upgrade worth it?

For me, yes. It depends on what you are using the room for. Are you going to take advantage of the kitchen and/or the washer/dryer? Are you planning on spending significant time in the room (or on the Wilderness Lodge grounds) or is it just a place to sleep and you will be in the parks all day?

I agree with @wnielsen1. DH and I like having a full size refrigerator (with freezer!) and full kitchen - he cooks breakfast while I get ready in the morning, and we can fill our water bottles with ice or even fill them half full with water and freeze overnight. Also, having a W/D means we can bring half as many clothes. Not to mention that we like having a living room to relax in, separate from the bedroom. We stayed in a CCV studio for a few days last visit and enjoyed WL very much, but we were really happy to get "home" to our 1-BR afterwards!

I don't think it's worth it for just Mrs. jarestel and myself. We don't really need the extra room and find studios to be quite comfortable for two people, so it seems a waste of points. But everyone is different and if you have the points and want to try a 1-BR, absolutely do it and see what you think. Have a great trip!

The key term is "worth." Only you can define that. If you want to enjoy a second vacation a little later in the same year, then a studio is the way to go. If you want a bit more luxury (the big fridge and washer/dryer are super to have at your disposal) and space, then definitely try the 1BR. We prefer a 1BR most times; however, there are years when we need a room for a couple of nights or when that's all we can find. I will say that once you've stayed in a 1BR, you get a bit spoiled, so beware. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter