•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Want to officially say hello there, as we became owners at CCV!!

After some debate - because we do love 1 BRs - we actually just bought two Guaranteed Weeks at CCV in Studios - #47 and #48! We do have two boys, now teenagers, and decided to do it this way so we could eventually leave them each one week, but also so that once my husband and I are traveling ourselves, we can do two weeks in Disney at our favorite time of year (Thanksgiving & Christmas season) without having to worry about grabbing reservations. We figured the two weeks guaranteed was worth "downgrading" to a Studio. :)

Best part is that we got the current incentives being offered, and the GW points are still at the original fixed chart. So week #47 still cost 118 points guaranteed even though it will cost 123 points to book in 2021! Week #48 is 118 points guaranteed, and now costs 110 in 2021. But all told, we're only paying an extra 3 points to get guaranteed weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and into first week of December, so we're definitely okay with that. I'm pretty happy even if my savings account is not. ;-)

We also currently own at BRV and AKL, too, and have wanted to add CCV to our home for when we pass 2042 and lose BRV. So excited to officially call CCV home now!

WELCOME! That is so exciting!

So how does the GW work? They automatically book it right? So at on the first day of the 11 month booking window, if you aren't staying during the GW can you just go on and cancel the booking or modify it too the new travel date? Is there a chart for GW's for Copper Creek?
Yes. They auto-book the Guaranteed Week for me, at the cost of the GW. If I cannot go, I can cancel the booking and get the 118 points per week back to use.

Here's the Copper Creek Guaranteed Week chart. You need to purchase direct for a GW (unless you find a resale contract with one), and you have to inquire to see if the week is still available to purchase. I was surprised to find mine were, as I assumed Thanksgiving and first weekend of December would already be gone!

https://*******.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CCVC_GuaranteedWeeks.pdf

Yes. They auto-book the Guaranteed Week for me, at the cost of the GW. If I cannot go, I can cancel the booking and get the 118 points per week back to use.

Here's the Copper Creek Guaranteed Week chart. You need to purchase direct for a GW (unless you find a resale contract with one), and you have to inquire to see if the week is still available to purchase. I was surprised to find mine were, as I assumed Thanksgiving and first weekend of December would already be gone!

https://*******.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CCVC_GuaranteedWeeks.pdf

Did you do this recently? My understanding was the guides were furloughed. Additionally, I’ve been trying to add on, even emailed my guide and filled out the online tool when they were added back onto the DVC site. No response this far.

Thanks!

Did you do this recently? My understanding was the guides were furloughed. Additionally, I’ve been trying to add on, even emailed my guide and filled out the online tool when they were added back onto the DVC site. No response this far.

Thanks!
Yes, I added on Wednesday, taking advantage of the $35 off per point for the 236 points for the two guaranteed weeks. There’s only a small number of guides working now, but they are slowly bringing them back! I can PM you my guide’s contact info (not sure if we should directly post it) if you want to reach out to him.

Yes, I added on Wednesday, taking advantage of the $35 off per point for the 236 points for the two guaranteed weeks. There’s only a small number of guides working now, but they are slowly bringing them back! I can PM you my guide’s contact info (not sure if we should directly post it) if you want to reach out to him.

Maybe you could let me know if I just need to call? Like I’ve said, I sent requests but it’s been crickets from DVC! I mean for a company that hasn’t been doing much for three months, if they are working you would thin they’d be interested in anyone!

Does anyone at CCV or BRV want a Mickey balloon? We’re checking out tomorrow and can’t bring it with us.

Maybe you could let me know if I just need to call? Like I’ve said, I sent requests but it’s been crickets from DVC! I mean for a company that hasn’t been doing much for three months, if they are working you would thin they’d be interested in anyone!
I would definitely call.

What week did you purchase? We own GW 49 shower/tub combo studio unit @ CCV. Best Dvc purchase ever! We also have a Sept UY!
We actually bought two! Weeks 47 & 48. We have two kids, so thought was we could leave one each to them later, but until then, it gives us two weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and first week of Christmas holiday season, especially once we’re (semi) retired!

What week did you purchase? We own GW 49 shower/tub combo studio unit @ CCV. Best Dvc purchase ever! We also have a Sept UY!
We actually bought two! Weeks 47 & 48. We have two kids, so thought was we could leave one each to them later, but until then, it gives us two weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and first week of Christmas holiday season, especially once we’re (semi) retired!
Oh! And we did the shower/tub combo, too. I originally wanted Walk-In Shower because I do love those, but then I saw the alternate studio layouts and that those are tub/shower combos, so we switched our GW in the hopes we might get the alternate layouts from time to time!

Proud to be a member here now. Fixed week in week 49 plus 32 additional points for 150 points total.

I kept going back and forth but the theme, discounting, and ability to get a fixed week (even though we won't use most years) won me over vs BLT (which I liked exclusively for being so close).

Between this and BWV we think we have 2 of the best spots at Disney to stay at.

First stay is going to be in January next year. We cancelled our BWV family stay in a 2BR so used the expiring points for 5 nights here and then 5 nights at BCV/BWV in a studio.

I ended up cancelling the CCV contract back in July and went through the thought process of what to do. I ended up purchasing 300 points at RIV with plans to eventually sell my BWV contract most likely. While I like WL my heart was with the Epcot area and wanted to get the direct benefits as well.

Last edited:
Proud to be a member here now. Fixed week in week 49 plus 32 additional points for 150 points total.

I kept going back and forth but the theme, discounting, and ability to get a fixed week (even though we won't use most years) won me over vs BLT (which I liked exclusively for being so close).

Between this and BWV we think we have 2 of the best spots at Disney to stay at.

First stay is going to be in January next year. We cancelled our BWV family stay in a 2BR so used the expiring points for 5 nights here and then 5 nights at BCV/BWV in a studio.
You will love week 49. Great price for airfare that week, lower crowds. Last year the temps were in the low 80’s!!! Congrats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter