•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Super late to this party but broke down and made a new disboards after changing emails / lost passwords /new computer / etc. Bought in at CCV in July 2017 with December UY. Staying home as owners for the first time November 30-December 8th in a 1 bedroom!

mrsap, Can I please be added to the front page? TIA

Once again, CC owners, you have a lovely resort! We, with our friends, enjoyed the ambiance of the lobby, a couple of enjoyable quick meals at Roaring Fork and an outstanding night in a Cascade Cabin!

Wish I could book at 11 months, but we’ve maxed out points, and years, I suppose, no complaints, really a grateful heart.

DVC Member Mingle at Reunion Station appears to have already been cancelled! "Club Level" hours reportedly extended...

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor.../4146-reunion-station-member-mingle-cancelled
In essence, Reunion Station opened offering nothing but OOP food and events. . .$50 a day per person for the length of stay. And this was deemed a smart move exactly how? My curiosity is piqued to see how many members opt to pay an extra $500 for just two people staying just five days (as an example).

In case anyone here is missing the WL lobby, this YouTuber recorded an hour of the WL lobby. I must say it does help (a little) with the withdraw symptoms of missing the Lodge.

It looks SO naked without the tree! I’ve only ever been during Christmas time, so it’s going to be weird seeing it this way in person when/if we do summers!

Can I please be added to the front page? Just purchased last month and already have 2 trips planned - October 4 - 8 and April 4 -8. Can't wait!!!!

:welcome:and Congrats! So happy for you! I’ll definitely get you and your trip dates up on Page 1! There are lots of great people on this board that will help make planning fun! What is your use Year?

In essence, Reunion Station opened offering nothing but OOP food and events. . .$50 a day per person for the length of stay. And this was deemed a smart move exactly how? My curiosity is piqued to see how many members opt to pay an extra $500 for just two people staying just five days (as an example).

I truly do not get it. I was told by the DVC sales guy that this was to give Club level services to those that lost them when they bought. This is much more expensive (for my family $200 per day!)and from what I see you get less. Breakfast is 7 - 10 and then other offerings 4 - 10 but nothing in the afternoon. And to pay $50 for anyone under 18 seems crazy.
:welcome:and Congrats! So happy for you! I’ll definitely get you and your trip dates up on Page 1! There are lots of great people on this board that will help make planning fun! What is your use Year?

I think 2018? Although we were given points for 2017 when we signed as an incentive. Still trying to figure out all this stuff - but so very excited!!!!

I truly do not get it. I was told by the DVC sales guy that this was to give Club level services to those that lost them when they bought. This is much more expensive (for my family $200 per day!)and from what I see you get less. Breakfast is 7 - 10 and then other offerings 4 - 10 but nothing in the afternoon. And to pay $50 for anyone under 18 seems crazy.

I think 2018? Although we were given points for 2017 when we signed as an incentive. Still trying to figure out all this stuff - but so very excited!!!!

Use Year is a month. Make sure you ask what your Use Year is if you’re not sure. That’s when your get your new allotment of points every year! You need to know it too so you know when you have to bank and use your points by.

I'm with you. Perhaps it will be something quite a few folks will wind up paying for, but it's much too expensive for our tastes. Further, I don't get the argument that it's for those who "lost" CL when they bought DVC. Nothing keeps someone from paying OOP for a CL room in the main Lodge, and if you need to pay for that, one could always rent points to cover the cost.

As for the Use Year (UY), as mrsap says, it's actually a month designation. It's commonly called UY since that's when the points are loaded into your account each year and when the countdown starts on the points to use or bank them.

When all is said and done.....

We are owners at BRV. We have a wonderful Common area. It belongs to BRV.

Perhaps, one day, our friends at CCV will have a common area.
Today is not that day. Just us - no dog in the fight..... Geyser Point should be torn down, and redone properly, for the benefit of our CCV brethren.
You deserved far better :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

When all is said and done.....

We are owners at BRV. We have a wonderful Common area. It belongs to BRV.

Perhaps, one day, our friends at CCV will have a common area.
Today is not that day. Just us - no dog in the fight..... Geyser Point should be torn down, and redone properly, for the benefit of our CCV brethren.
You deserved far better :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Actually, just the other day, a whole bunch of us CCV owners got together and decided that because BRV has such a wonderful common area, we’ll just hang out there! EVERY DAY!!! We’re neighbors, right?! Why not?!

But seriously, I feel like you’re more worried about a common area for CCV than most of the CCV owners actually are. I personally don’t want or need one. I love the lobby and feel if at any time I’d like to just sit somewhere outside of my room, I’d go there. I bought into CCV to be part of the main building, and that’s where I’ll stay. I don’t feel like we’ve been jipped in any way, shape or form. My personal feelings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter