09/18/11 - DVCers Take Over the Dream (S.S. Member Cruise 2011) - Thread #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so badly for her. I really hope that she does end up with the wedding that she has always dreamed of and wish her and her new husband many years of happiness! :goodvibes :hug:

Oh I know...I really hope Disney comes through for her and still gives her a fairytale wedding. While she is devastated, i think she still realizes part of her dream is still coming true...she is still marrying her prince charming. :thumbsup2

On an earlier thread, didn't someone mention that their child had head lice? If so, what did you find was the most effective solution?:scared1:

Good lord.....What a chatty thread.

For the FE, what does one give adults?

Hi Dsny,

We were going to do the FE, but then I disappeared for a couple of months (summer fun not jail) and missed the sign-up deadline. I had started listing ideas we had, because we've never done a FE. Here's what I came up with for adults. Didn't really like any of them very well, but maybe you will like one, or spark another idea:

Skin So Soft bug repellant
Lip balm
Bubble bath
Tissues (not sure what I had in mind, maybe travel packs or wet-wipes?)
Indy 500 trinket
Purdue University trinket

Hope this helps you somehow.

PS What name do you go by when not on the DISboards?

On an earlier thread, didn't someone mention that their child had head lice? If so, what did you find was the most effective solution?:scared1:

My DD had head lice last year. I put her in a more expensive daycare a few weeks ago and her second day we were informed that a child at the daycare had lice. :eek: :headache:

I used the Rid stuff and then we got a Riobi comb. That thing was great. However, my cousins daughter has THE THICKEST HAIR I have ever seen and the way she got rid of it was smothering her hair in Vaseline and leaving it there for about an hour. That smothered the lice. The only problem was that her hair was kind of greasy for a week or two.

My DD had head lice last year. I put her in a more expensive daycare a few weeks ago and her second day we were informed that a child at the daycare had lice. :eek: :headache:

I used the Rid stuff and then we got a Riobi comb. That thing was great. However, my cousins daughter his THE THICKEST HAIR I have ever seen and the way she got rid of it was smothering her hair in Vaseline and leaving it there for about an hour. That smothered the lice. The only problem was that her hair was kind of greasy for a week or two.

Thanks. Did you use the comb daily? Did you have to do multiple treatments of the RID?

Thanks. Did you use the comb daily? Did you have to do multiple treatments of the RID?

Yes. And yes! The Rid got rid of the bugs but it wasn't that great getting rid of the eggs. The comb was great at getting rid of the eggs. You just have to make sure you comb through every strand of hair. :scared1::eek::eek:

I used the Rid stuff and then we got a Riobi comb. That thing was great. However, my cousins daughter has THE THICKEST HAIR I have ever seen and the way she got rid of it was smothering her hair in Vaseline and leaving it there for about an hour. That smothered the lice. The only problem was that her hair was kind of greasy for a week or two.

Ashley - -
I was going to say that I thought it was Debbie that mentioned that but I see that she handled it ... :thumbsup2

I hope that your child's issue is resolved for you soon! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ughhhh!!!!
And the :laundy:!!!

DD actually had lice two years ago too. That was worse. We were getting ready to leave for vacation for my sister's wedding in Vegas. I was up till 1:00 am every night for three nights doing laundry. She has a million stuffed animals so I threw them in the dryer and then tied them up in plastic bags and left them out in the garage until we got back from vacation. I had to shampoo all the living room furniture because she sleeps out there sometimes. Then I had to wash our bedding because she sleeps in our bed sometimes. Then I had to wash DS's bedding because she had been in his bed one night that week. They were watching movies in his room...too cute! Then when I found out that she still had the lice I had to do it all over again. I did put a towel down on the couch so when she slept there I wouldn't have to worry about shampooing the couch again. (I wouldn't let her sleep in her bed till I knew the lice were all gone)

Hi Dsny,

We were going to do the FE, but then I disappeared for a couple of months (summer fun not jail) and missed the sign-up deadline. I had started listing ideas we had, because we've never done a FE. Here's what I came up with for adults. Didn't really like any of them very well, but maybe you will like one, or spark another idea:

Skin So Soft bug repellant
Lip balm
Bubble bath
Tissues (not sure what I had in mind, maybe travel packs or wet-wipes?)
Indy 500 trinket
Purdue University trinket

Hope this helps you somehow.

PS What name do you go by when not on the DISboards?

Indy 500 AND Purdue University trinkets! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 :worship:

(Hmmmm :scratchin wondering if he will combine the 2 of them and give us the Purdue University Marching Band's Golden Girl that leads the Drivers Track Parade before the 500 every year. If so, I am sooo calling DIBS! :thumbsup2

Also I am preparing to :duck: out of the way as I am sure that my :bride:, whom I :love: :worship: and adore, will be throwing something at me for that thought! :lmao:)

Indy 500 AND Purdue University trinkets! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 :worship:

(Hmmmm :scratchin wondering if he will combine the 2 of them and give us the Purdue University Marching Band's Golden Girl that leads the Drivers Track Parade before the 500 every year. If so, I am sooo calling DIBS! :thumbsup2

Also I am preparing to :duck: out of the way as I am sure that my :bride:, whom I :love: :worship: and adore, will be throwing something at me for that thought! :lmao:)

Lucky for your wife that John decided NOT to do the FE so there will be no Golden Girls march into the Potter home.

Not so lucky for you though, Sorry:lmao:

P.S. Ashley - I hope you can get rid of the lice on the first try. You just have to be very thorough. Boys are so much easier....their hair is short and if they don't mind all you have to do is shave their hair off. Girls...not so simple! :sad2:

Lucky for your wife that John decided NOT to do the FE so there will be no Golden Girls march into the Potter home.

Not so lucky for you though, Sorry:lmao:

Lucky for his wife? Maybe lucky for Michael. I can see that big smile disappearing from his face when Nancy walks in the room.
poledancesmiley: and :love1: then :furious: and :scared: and :faint: and :rotfl: (but without the smile) followed by a week of :flower3: and :duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter