1 bdrm not available for points - vent

O2BNWDW said:
And for those that are wondering about others ability to understand a contract...I think I did put "vent" on my op. Not a judgement of right or wrong on DVC's part.
:teacher:
FWIW, there are many of us who purchased resale who never even signed a contract with DVC -- just a contract for sale and purchase. The question asked by the OP was nowhere contained in any document I signed. And believe me when I tell you I understand contracts and often write them myself. In fact, I did not get bylaws and condo rules from DVC until well after I was already in their system and well after I made our first DVC reservation.

I think your question is a good one because as a fairly new member, I learned a lot in this thread about the interaction between DVC and CRO. No one should ever be afraid to ask a question because we are all here to learn from each other.

Have a great trip! Please let us know what happens.

JandD Mom said:
:teacher:
FWIW, there are many of us who purchased resale who never even signed a contract with DVC -- just a contract for sale and purchase. The question asked by the OP was nowhere contained in any document I signed. And believe me when I tell you I understand contracts and often write them myself. In fact, I did not get bylaws and condo rules from DVC until well after I was already in their system and well after I made our first DVC reservation...

This just shows that persons who purchase a resale really need to research the product before they buy. Wouldn't it be terrible if you (not you, JandD Mom, rhetorical you) bought the timeshare, only to find you couldn't use it because of something in the bylaws and rules?

Deb & Bill said:
This just shows that persons who purchase a resale really need to research the product before they buy. Wouldn't it be terrible if you (not you, JandD Mom, rhetorical you) bought the timeshare, only to find you couldn't use it because of something in the bylaws and rules?

Deb, you are right. Actually I did not get into the whole thing, but I actually had a broker fax me the offering statement before we purchased so we did read and I personally researched DVC for the better part of 4 years, on and off, before we purchased.

However, you (the same rhetorical "you") do always need to go back and re-read this stuff because when you begin using your membership, you always have some technical issue come up you were not prepared for.

But the same is true in life, isn't it. :p

I have made changes at check-in before, actually changed an entire stay to a different resort, so there is hope up until the last minute.

Good Luck O2BNWDW!!! Be sure and report back to let us know whether or not things worked in your favor. Fingers crossed...:goodvibes

CRO gets inventory 3 ways.
  • Points owned by Disney and being rented out by Disney.
  • Points traded by members for cash items like DCL.
  • Breakage inventory (not used within 60 days of travel).
The first two will NEVER be available to use for points, they would sit empty first. The latter can at times be recovered to use for points but they need to call the resort usually to free it up. I'd call back a few times in addition to using the wait list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter