Shiki-Sai or Kimonos?

fly girl

DIS Veteran
Heading to WDW in July with dh for a couple of days.

We have always enjoyed Kimonos at the Swan, but was considering Shiki-Sai this time as we have never been. We did not care much for the quality of food at Tokyo Dining, but granted that was several years ago, pre-covid. While Kimonos isn't the best sushi and Japanese food we have ever had, it has always had great service and consistently good food.

The other thing to consider is that my dh isn't a sushi fan so he typically orders seared tuna, gyoza, beef satay. Anyone try the non sushi items (not noodles) at Shiki-Sai?

LMK, if you have been to both and which one you prefer. :)

We’ve also been fans of Kimonos and on our last trip in April we went to Shiki Sai for the first time. We thought it was great. We did get one plate of sushi, but also the rice thing they prepare at your table (subbed shrimp for steak as I don’t eat red meat). We also got the rock shrimp tempura and my husband got some wagyu gyoza. Everything was really good. We’re going back on our next trip.

I've never been to Kimonos but I went to Shiki Sai last November and enjoyed it so much that I'm going back on my trip next week. I like that the restaurant itself is on the quieter side which was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park. The food is expensive for what you get (as in, I've had this same food cheaper IN Japan) but for Disney theme park dining, it's great.

My sister and I didn't get any sushi dishes - we ordered (to share) the wagyu gyoza, takoyaki, maguro tataki, and the kamo udon and thought everything tasted delicious.

Also if you're into cocktails, I ordered the Tako Highball and liked it though not recommended if you don't like whiskey. My sister got the Tokyo Sunset and liked it as she is a fan of sweet drinks.

Shiki-Sai has plenty of non-sushi options and the server suggestions have leaned that way in my experience. My son (8) had the create your own sushi box and loved it -- the fish was all great quality too. So I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thanks, everyone!

I booked a dinner there. Fun to try something new, and happy to read the good reviews. :thumbsup2

We’ve also been fans of Kimonos and on our last trip in April we went to Shiki Sai for the first time. We thought it was great. We did get one plate of sushi, but also the rice thing they prepare at your table (subbed shrimp for steak as I don’t eat red meat). We also got the rock shrimp tempura and my husband got some wagyu gyoza. Everything was really good. We’re going back on our next trip.
Oh, nice to know you can sub shrimp. We are really cutting down our red meat intake so that is good to know. Thank you!

I've never been to Kimonos but I went to Shiki Sai last November and enjoyed it so much that I'm going back on my trip next week. I like that the restaurant itself is on the quieter side which was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park. The food is expensive for what you get (as in, I've had this same food cheaper IN Japan) but for Disney theme park dining, it's great.

My sister and I didn't get any sushi dishes - we ordered (to share) the wagyu gyoza, takoyaki, maguro tataki, and the kamo udon and thought everything tasted delicious.

Also if you're into cocktails, I ordered the Tako Highball and liked it though not recommended if you don't like whiskey. My sister got the Tokyo Sunset and liked it as she is a fan of sweet drinks.
Repeat customer is a big win, especially when you have so many options in the Epcot area.

We are definitely into cocktails! I will tell dh about the Tako Highball he is the whiskey drinker. He enjoys the Ottawa Apple (we have only had it at Le Cellier but learned last year they sell it at the popcorn cart ... yeah we were living under a rock!) I am with your sister, sweet drinks are my favorite! ;)

I LOVED Shiki Sai. The sushi quality was very good and we also had wagyu dumplings (just ok) and kara-age chicken (delicious). The sushi was definitely the highlight though.

I LOVED Shiki Sai. The sushi quality was very good and we also had wagyu dumplings (just ok) and kara-age chicken (delicious). The sushi was definitely the highlight though.
I am all about the sushi. I just have to have non sushi items for the dh. He's missing out! ;)

Everyone has said what I think about the food already, but I also wanted to agree that it's super quiet and peaceful and the tables aren't packed in like crazy!

Been to both several times. Shiki for sure. Hated Karaoke at Kimono's. Negated the good food for us.

We’ve always gone before karaoke started! ::yes::
You are correct. For some reason (Disney - brain freeze), we figured Karaoke would be later but then over Disney-nied at the parks and ended up at Komono's at the wrong time. My brain hurt from the noise when we left and the next trip we stupidly did the same thing. We love sushi and obviously got a brain freeze. We did, however, love the food.

You are correct. For some reason (Disney - brain freeze), we figured Karaoke would be later but then over Disney-nied at the parks and ended up at Komono's at the wrong time. My brain hurt from the noise when we left and the next trip we stupidly did the same thing. We love sushi and obviously got a brain freeze. We did, however, love the food.
I get that! We left when they were setting up once and grateful the check came before it started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter