1 day, 1 Park, Which One?

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
Here's the situation: My mom has told my dw and I that she is taking us a vacation to Daytona Beach. We are going to drive over to WDW for one day only. By then, our APs will have expired. We just had our first child (ds, EJ was born on 03/18/2002). He will be six months at the time of our trip. While we LOVE EPCOT, that is the only park that my mom has ever visited. Obviously my son is not going to get much out of the parks at his age, but which one is the most compatible for such a young child? We have been to WDW 3 times over the last 3 years, so for us it really does not matter. It is more for my mother and ds. However, we would to check out the new Figment attraction.

Thoughts and or advice?

-Edward

MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM MAGIC KINGDOM!

HOWEVER! Since you have an AP, you can still park hop! Even if dm doesn't have an AP, consider $100 for two park tickets on one day for mom and great deal and investment of memories!

MK first think in morning and Epcot later in the day. Baby will have great visual stimulation at the character meal! Maybe lunch with Pooh at Crystal Palace or dinner at GG in Epcot with Mickey and Friends!

But if only one park: MAGIC KINGDOM! There is something there for everyone! Sandra

Hmmmm I'm torn but with ds at 6mths I'd go for EPCOT! We ran down for a quick trip when Erich was this age and that was the best park in my opinon.He could go on most rides,even Malestrom I believe.There are lots of tranquil places to hang out while he naps.So many restuarants to linger over yummy meals and relax.One fun thing I did with him then was take pictures of him with different hats on in each country.My favorite is the derby in Great Britian,geez he looks like Winston Churchill!! LOL!Thank goodness he's grown out of that phase!

Baloo and Sandra, thanks for the advice. You know what, my wife and I were just talking to other night about how fun it would be to get his picture taken in each country with a CM. I LOVE THE HAT IDEA! We need to find a way to incorporate that into it. I, guess that we are exactly where we thought that we would be. Going to EPCOT, and that is not a bad thing.

Thanks Again,

Edward

I'm for Magic Kingdom also. I went with my mom and the kids a couple of years ago. The kids were a little older (5 & 6 at the time), so they drove the decision. We did have hoppers so we moved around some, but we focused on MK. My mom had also only been to Epcot. We probably spent 3 hours in Epcot, 2 hours in MGM (EE was still in effect, and we did the EE until opening there), and the rest at MK. On the way back to her house, mom said she was really glad we spent the time in MK, since she would never have done it on her own, but she really liked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter