1 trip or 2?

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
My challenge

I have X amount of money. Should I use it on 1 trip with my 1st timer 9 yr old niece, which would include dinner shows, Cirque, and deluxe resort?. Or take 2 trips, 1 solo, and 1 with niece at value hotel, that includes maybe 1 dinner show.

I want to give my niece a wonderful time next June 2004, but don't think I can last that long before I have to go back.

What would you do??

Thanks

Susan :confused:

To tell you the truth I don't think a 9 yr. old is really that impressed by a "deluxe" resort. None of my kids would even know the difference at that age. We have stayed off-site (in timeshares) many times as well as the Poly and Dixie Landings. My 4 kids have a great time every time! When we watch the planning videos, which is often LOL, my kids think the pools at the *** look cool! My DD10 loves jazz music and is begging to stay in the jazz building at ASmusic! Or maybe you could stay at the new Pop Century! Nice meals are great, but kids are more interested in doing the rides, shows, parades, swimming, etc. We find that too many sit down meals just eat up your time. If you can afford 2 trips I say GO FOR IT! Your neice will not feel slighted in the least if you scale back a bit when you take her, I am pretty sure she will still have a blast when she goes with you!

I was NOT trying to type a bad word, just All Stars plural!!! LOL!!! Sorry, I know not to make that mistake again-Lacee

I would vote for 2 trips. We stay at the moderates so that we can go more often. Your niece will have a great time no matter where you stay.

We have stayed at All Stars 3 times and planning on 4. The bad rap just hasn't been true for us. We don't spend much time there but its been great. The food court is good and the theming is great. Is it a deluxe no. But for the money it makes for longer trips. We come from the west coast and plan to spend our entire Christmas vaction thru New Year's. Couldn't do that without a cheaper room. Take two trips if you can.

well of course take two trips by all means:jester: If I asked my kids would you like to stay in the nice Poly for 3 nights or in that *cheap value resort with the huge dalmations and Buzz and Woody* for 7 days they would look at me like I had been taken over by an alien and vote for more time at WDW. You only live once so 2 trips it is:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WOW

This was a no brainer....

Thanks for all you help. I don't have kids, so don't know what is important to them.

So 2 trips it is!!!!

Susan:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter