1 week to go

matfan

Earning My Ears
What things do you do to ready your home for vacation while you are gone from home? We leave in a week and I wan to be prepared.

My parents come by daily to feed/check on our pets, so they take in the mail and paper. If you don't have someone checking on your house suspend the mail and/or paper. Set automatic lights if you have them.
Make sure we have plenty of food/litter for the cats.
Do all laundry so the only loads we when we come home are from the trip.
Clean the house so it is clean when we come home.
Use up or give away parishables (foods).
Set/program the thermostat so it will not be running ice cold (or hot) while you are gone.
Close blinds.
Some people shut off gas lines.
If you do not have someone coming by daily, let a trusted neighbor know you will be out of town with an emergency number where you can be reached just in case.
Set alarm system if you have one.
LOCK YOUR DOORS (and windows) WHEN YOU LEAVE!!! :)
Don't post on FB/MS that you are leaving with dates or length of vacation...might as well send an invitation for burglary...or just some really jealous friends!

I agree with all of the above.

Stop mail/paper
lower thermostat
unplug everything
clean up(nobody likes to return home to a dirty house)
change linens(returning home to your crisp, clean bed is wonderful)
tell someone(relative,friend,neighbor) that you're going and where you can be reached in case of an emergency
make sure there is some non-perishable food around so you don't have to immediately go back out to the grocery store when you arrive back home

Make sure the oven and the iron are turned off and go have the time of your life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter