10/12 - 15th ~ Club Level at the Hard Rock ~

Seahag

yes...I'm a natural blue...
Well, it was the 7th floor, but really, what was I paying the extra money for? :confused3

Wait, maybe it was for the room temperature waters & sodas in the club lounge? Nah, that couldn’t be it. Ok, then let me think……………maybe it was for the “dinner hour” snacks…………you know the cheese blintzes that were GONE when we arrived & not replaced?

Did I pay extra for the RUDE COW who butted her way in line so she could be in front of a woman in a wheelchair to grab at a non-existent cheese blintz?:eek: And then she had the nerve to keep the spot she butted her way into instead of apologizing & going to the back of the line. Yea, I’m sure that was worth the extra money.

What about the kids who pawed every bagel in the basket before they decieded to have a picnic over by the elevators & smash butter & cream cheese into the carpet? No, I’m pretty sure that was free.

What really got our goat & what made us check out a day early (I was surprised that checking out a day ahead of schedule doesn’t even cause an eyelash to bat) but the capper – the frosting on the cupcake – the straw that broke the camels back - was the amount of unattended children that were running up & down the hallways screaming their excited little heads off at 5:30 EVERY MORNING. Yes, you read that right – we were awakened at 5:30 EVERY MORNING of our stay.

Unfortunately, because it was a different set of children each time, what could management do? What could we ask them to do? We did the only thing that was with in our power to do. We checked out never to return. This isn’t the Hard Rock, it’s the Hard Kids. And this was not club level; it was “leave your kids to run amuck & annoy other guests while you sip wine oblivious to the world” level. Needless to say, for a couple looking to get away, this was NOT the place to be.

We were so disappointed in the supposed “extras” that were reserved for club level guests. We have had far better experiences at the other two on site hotels, so we will spend our hard-earned money at either the Royal Pacific or the Portofino Bay.

I’m happy to answer any questions you might have, although I will admit that we did not have the best experience. :guilty: I would hate to think that another couple would go there for a romantic "club level" getaway & be terribly disappointed as we were.

Haggy

sorry you had such a horrible experience. I would be pretty pissed as well. Where the hell were those parents? My kids are forbidden to even talk at normal level (which is a high pitch already) while walking down the hotel hallways, only whispers.

After reading your posting, so glad we booked RPR club for December. Hope you have a better time at the other two resorts in the future.

Cynthia

RPR is great! You will really enjoy it - it's so tropical :sunny:

And thank you for raising well behaved kids - too bad you weren't on our floor !

haggy

Although my experience was not quite as awful...I have to agree with you on the lack of food choices and supply. The club lounge at the HRH is really way too small and over the few times I have stayed there (mostly with free upgrades) I have noticed that the offerings decline each time.

People can be very rude. I once had a "discussion" with a fellow guest who felt that it was her "club" right to take huge amounts of food out of the club to their rooms. While it is all you can eat I think people abuse this by hoarding food. Maybe they hoard it because they know once it is gone they ain't going to replace it??

As for the kids, I would have been horrified! Besides being totally rude to let their kids run wild...it is not safe! Do parents even consider that it is a hotel of strangers ???

Sorry about your stay. I have heard so many nice things about RPR that I am going to try it!

We have enjoyed the RPR ~ it is very nice - I really enjoyed the statues/artwork that was around the hotel - the RPR is so warm & friendly !! :sunny: You will dig it ! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your stay.

I had a completely opposite experience a few years ago. My fiance and I were there around the exact same dates about 2 years ago. We weren't planning on upgrading, but when we got there they asked if we wanted to upgrade for $50.00 a night. I've never done concierge level before at ANY hotel, so I had a wonderful time!! I think since we had no expectations of what concierge levels SHOULD be, that it made it seem really cool!!

We had checked in around 8 pm, and were too tired to really go out anywhere for a while, so we got a plate of some chicken wings and other snacks and a few small cans of coke and went back to our room and ate them on the couch by the window, I was just so content and happy!!

Luckily we didn't encounter any rude families or people, if we had had the same experience you described I don't think we would ever return either!! that really sounds awful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter