10-12 year age group

lctinkerbell

Earning My Ears
I'm going to be put into the 10-12 year old group. When i go i'll be 12 in less than a month. I was wondering if somebody in the 10-12 group would answer the following questions:

Is there much time to just hang out like some parties?

Are the activities boring or fun for a 12 year old?

Thanks! You can tell what else you do if you would like.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

THANKS! :smooth:

Hey- my daughter who is 11 - said there is a lot of downtime. It is hanging in the lab/common grounds. She spent much of her time with a couple of girls she met doing whatever they wanted rather than in the lab- BUT that is not to say she did not enjoy it. Try and find some other girls who are cruising the same time and start emailing or IMing- that is how she meet the girls she ended up hanging with!!

Thanks! Our last cruise i was in a younger group so i'm just wondering what we do in this age group. I've been talking to somebody but i'd like to meet others too if i can! :D

Hi lctinkerbell. If you go to Barb's website, you'll find the children's Navigator which outlines all of the activities for each age group.

My son was in the 9-year-old group last year. He said it was "Ok," but he preferred spending time with Dad - which was more than fine with me! Just like my son, I'm sure you'll find some activities you'll enjoy and others that you'll want to pass on. Hopefully you'll make friends with other kids who have similar likes/dislikes as you. When the not-so-good activities begin, you and your new friends can do something else.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Buckaroo dad!
Last year i did that most of the time! Mostly it was great just going to the movies and doing karaoke. I mostly enjoyed the Who wants to be a mouseketeer. I was put into the 9-10 also, i didn't like that much but i liked making flubber. I think thats the best part. :smooth:

Eddie, I can assure you there will be plenty of boys in your age group on the cruise as well. :)

Hi lctinkerbell,

2 yrs. ago i was turning 12 and went on the disney cruise and and a great time! The best adive i could give you is just go the first day and make some friends. Then you and your friends can make plans to meet some where and just hang out! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My youngest son is in this age group and he didn't care for the lab. He started out there, met some other kids his age and then they did other things on the ship, movies, hung out, pool, etc. He still loved the cruise and can't wait to do it again, he just didn't care for the lab as one of his favorite places to go. It depends on the kid, but my son has 2 older brothers so felt the lab was a little too young for him.

:bounce: My son was almost 11 on our last Wonder cruise & not only had a terrific time in the lab, but made friends quickly & they would always meet up for meals & go to the pool, shuffleboard, etc. with each other. He's not home right now, but I will ask him to respond to you directly about some things that he found to be fun or just some info. about the 10-12 age group.:Pinkbounc

Hi lctinkerbell,

When are you going? My daughter is 12 and we'll be on the 6/14 Magic cruise.

Are you going on the Wonder or the Magic? We were on the Wonder for a 3 nigter and my twin girls who were 10 at the time, really hung with us-there was just not much time to go hang out at the pool, or lab or anything. We were rush rush all the time it seemed like. I wanted to see and do all there was, so its really my fault. I can't WAIT til next October to go on the Magic!! More time is needed. ;)
I'm sure you'll find plenty to do and kids your age to hang with. Make friends- its so fun to have "pen pals" (or now I should say email pals) to write to and visit now and then.
Have FUN!!

My son Conor is 12 and will be on the May 10 2003 Western. He would like to go into the teen club but he will be 2 months from his 13th bday. He is going to try to talk his way into the teen club (he is aptly named, Conor). I am hoping to spend some time with him as I am a single mom traveling alone; so part of me hopes he meets friends but part of me hopes he spends time with me. Maybe I should call myself schizophrenic single mom, ha ha ha !

Hi again Verniebird.

I am hoping to spend some time with him as I am a single mom traveling alone; so part of me hopes he meets friends but part of me hopes he spends time with me.

Before embarking on our cruise last year, I told my son that he was welcome to live in the Oceaneers Lab for most of any given day. However, the dear lad was also advised that dinner and the evening show were family activities and he would be with Grandma and I during those times. As it turned out, he wasn't really thrilled with the Lab so we spent a lot of time together. Yes, it was great!

If you apply the same rules to Conor, you guys will be together a pretty good amount of time anyway. And you'll be surprised, Verniebird, at just how much there is for a single parent to do - or not do - on DCL...

Wishing you a truly enchanting cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter